How do you take your coffee?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I had a male co-worker once who used to say, "I like my coffee the way I like my women - strong, undiluted, and black."
He probably got it from a sit-com called Good Times. A neighbor lady was always visiting the show's main family, and one time she came in and said, "Loan me a cup of coffee and make it like I like my men - hot, black and strong." (cue laugh track)

As for how I take my coffee... I take it to the sink and pour it out. :p If there's an emergency, like if I have only got four hours of sleep and I have to make it through the whole work day, I might use coffee. But I usually mix half coffee and half chocolate ice cream or something.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Something curious I have noticed, and I have no idea what to make of it - people who like coffee black prefer milk chocolate, while people who like dark chocolate must have cream and sugar in their coffee.

This seems rather odd to me. I think it would be more natural for people who like strong coffee to like strong chocolate, and people who like milk chocolate would rather have cream and sugar in coffee. But it is always the opposite, and I can't figure out why, and it's bugging me because it doesn't make sense.

But that means I don't make sense either, because I like dark chocolate, but I don't like black coffee. o_O

What about you folks? If you like black coffee, what kind of chocolate do you prefer? If you like dark chocolate, how do you take your coffee? Or should I start my own thread and stop trying to hijack this one?

G

Gracie_14

*ahem* I like mine light. Slightly strong...but not too strong. Hate strong coffee...okay, in all honesty, light coffee. With a lot of milk. So, it's like quite pale...my mum wonders what on earth I'm drinking. Ehh...I just can't wrap my head around drinking strong black coffee...blehh...It has to have milk. That's a fact from me ;):giggle: It has to have at least 1 teaspoon of sugar...and hot....

My typical coffee...it can not be stronger than this...

Ohhh myyy...this is just too much for me *faints*

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
At home I drink Gloria Jeans Hazelnut coffee with a touch of Natural Bliss sweet cream creamer.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Most days I take mine with keto creamer and a little sugar free vanilla. I also love iced coffee.

S

Susanna

Long time ago I was in a tight spot and then this saint brought me a cup of coffee with a huge amount of Jim Beam. Best coffee I’ve ever had.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Long time ago I was in a tight spot and then this saint brought me a cup of coffee with a huge amount of Jim Beam. Best coffee I’ve ever had.
Jim Beam's eyes are going bad, I think. Every time he recommends a good looking girl to me, she turns out to be a dud.

His friend Jack Daniels needs glasses too.

S

Susanna

Jim Beam's eyes are going bad, I think. Every time he recommends a good looking girl to me, she turns out to be a dud.

His friend Jack Daniels needs glasses too.
He doesn’t need glasses, he needs a glass😁.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
I must be the only one that doesn't like coffee here...although reading everyones replies i feel like i'm missing out on something lol.

H

Hamarr

Something curious I have noticed, and I have no idea what to make of it - people who like coffee black prefer milk chocolate, while people who like dark chocolate must have cream and sugar in their coffee.

This seems rather odd to me. I think it would be more natural for people who like strong coffee to like strong chocolate, and people who like milk chocolate would rather have cream and sugar in coffee. But it is always the opposite, and I can't figure out why, and it's bugging me because it doesn't make sense.

But that means I don't make sense either, because I like dark chocolate, but I don't like black coffee. o_O

What about you folks? If you like black coffee, what kind of chocolate do you prefer? If you like dark chocolate, how do you take your coffee? Or should I start my own thread and stop trying to hijack this one?
Hmmm am I an anomaly? I prefer dark chocolate and black coffee? Well, I do prefer brewing methods that don’t get rid of the oils that make it sweeter. If I do drink drip coffee, I have to use lots of creamer and stuff. But why drink something that tastes horrid without dumping tons of stuff in to mask the flavor?

Also, I see a couple of people mention tea. Are there any good ones that don’t need sugar and don’t taste like gym socks?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

Sorry to burst your theory-in-the-making, Lynx, but I like milk chocolate (Hershey's, to be exact) and my coffee has to be so doctored up that no one would even recognize it (such as the pictures Gracie showed.)

I tend to call it Franken-Coffee, due to how much tinkering I have to make to the original product. I've finally settled on a lower-calorie version consisting of about 1/3 almond milk to 3/4 coffee, along with 1 (or more) Splenda packets.

And when I REALLY need a boost (like if I'm desperate before a night shift), I'll make myself a Coff-Tea - full-strength cup coffee steeped with a full-on bag of tea. :coffee:

It doesn't really keep me awake, but it does keep me moving.

Maybe this is what Resident Evil REALLY meant when they talked about The Tea Virus... :unsure:

Apr 8, 2019
I must be the only one that doesn't like coffee here...although reading everyones replies i feel like i'm missing out on something lol.
Nope I'm with you, I'm not a fan of coffee at all. In fact I'm not a fan of anything caffeinated it just makes me feel terrible. I've tried drinking coffee everyday like some people and it just makes my days awful I'm way too gittery. :rolleyes:

I do like tea, though it has to be decaf tea otherwise you know gittery and whatnot. :)