F
Simply answer with, "Chicago homicide this is detective Collins speaking."
Simply answer with, "Chicago homicide this is detective Collins speaking."
.........phone rings.........
........"uh, hello?"...........
............telemarketer starts to speak...........
CLICK.........
I've done telemarketing before. It's not that bad. Now, being a debt collector is a whole different story. People cry on the phone, curse at you, or simply hang up on you. On a few occasions I did have pleasant conversations, but they were rare.
People, plese be nice to telemarketers and debt collectors. Often times, people seem to forget that the person on the other side of the line is also a human being trying to make a living.
Mmmmm... maybe.
I think it's still open for debate.
: )
Theres a membership??You mean, their membership of the human race is still open to question?
Back a few years ago I used to give the phone to my five year old son and tell him the phone was for him. These days I have been using it for evangelism. I let them give me their pitch then I ask them if they know that Jesus is the Son of God and accepting Him as Lord is our only way to escape eternal damnation.
Simply answer with, "Chicago homicide this is detective Collins speaking."
I did something similar when I was younger. I would answer "LA Airport, how may I help you?" until my uncle from California called and I did that because I didn't recognize his number. I could hear him asking my aunt "how in the world did I get the airport?" before he hung up. I did feel bad about that one.
Make sure you don't have the Feds breathing down on you suddenly...![]()
That was several years ago. If the feds wanted me, the would have already gotten me. Luckily, I am a little too boring for the feds to be concerned with![]()
Fine, what would you recommend so we don't waste their valuable time, especially when they keep pushing?I've done telemarketing before. It's not that bad. Now, being a debt collector is a whole different story. People cry on the phone, curse at you, or simply hang up on you. On a few occasions I did have pleasant conversations, but they were rare.
People, plese be nice to telemarketers and debt collectors. Often times, people seem to forget that the person on the other side of the line is also a human being trying to make a living.
Are telemarketers bad in Norway, too?
Do they use Riksmaal or Landsmaal?
This one was British, but yeah, they are just as bad. If you tell them you don't have time, they will say "ok, I can call you tomorrow then" .... The dialect depends on what area of the country they call from, but so far I havent had anyone speak nynorsk.