How Do You Use the Bible to Live More Fully?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Not looking for a dispute, it is a well-known truth there are many false believers who come into the assemblies.

Sep 3, 2016
And what makes you think that Christians are not trusting in the blood of Christ, and in Christ crucified, and Him alone? That is the fundamental basis of Bible Christianity.
You believe we must go beyond the Cross. This is why the scripture says you will know them by their fruits. The fruit of Righteousness (Eph. 5:9) is only located in this Truth, Christ and Him Crucified.

Jan 17, 2020
If you had to use the Bible to live your life to the fullest, how would you do that?
Make Jesus your career by abandoning worldly plans and live the Sermon on the Mount as a career. God provides all the needs of those who do.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Unless some Pharisee among us wants to make “trusting in the Lord” a doctrinal creed we must obey or we are not saved and go to hell.....lol! :giggle::LOL:

I’m so glad Yeshua/Jesus is Savior, Lord and King! Hallelujah!! Man is NOT in charge anymore and neither is Satan!

Hallelujah!!!! Praise God!!!
Your faith is contagious. 😎

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
In thought and deed, look to please God first and foremost. In doing this your path will not be easy, but it will be filled with the peace that Jesus spoke of and an eternity spent in His presence.

P

pottersclay

The truth is that anyone whose Faith that isn’t in Christ and Him Crucified alone, then their Faith cannot be in the Word of God; they can only quote it and memorize it. You cannot trust in Gods Word unless we are trusting through the Blood of Jesus.
And what of the old time saints? Abraham for example.

Sep 3, 2016
“56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad (in the great Revelation of Justification by Faith given to Abraham by God, he was made to understand that this great Redemption Plan was wrapped up, not in a philosophy, but rather a Man, the Man Christ Jesus, and what He would do at the Cross; the Patriarch rejoiced in that).” John 8:56

Feb 29, 2020
Psalm 17:4

Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

1 Timothy 4:15-16

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You may be satisfied in the teachings of Genesis where Abraham was to give up Isaac, his son, his only son to God. Aabraham told Isaaac that God would provide Himself, a Lamb for the offering. God stopped him from killing Isaac, and Abraham espied a Ram caught by his horns in a thicket and offered it up.

Abraham is the first to receive the Gospel, as is taught in the New Testament, and here he inadvertantly was propesying that God would be, Himself a Lamb for the offering. He said dthis even thought it was a ram he espeid and offered up, for a ram is not the fulfillment of what Abraham declared would be God, Himself.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If you had to use the Bible to live your life to the fullest, how would you do that?
As I would read it, I would pray the Holy Spirit would open up my understanding to its truths...which among other things I would be continually reminded how utterly dependent I am upon His grace through Jesus Christ. BTW we don't 'use' the Bible.

Feb 28, 2016
You may be satisfied in the teachings of Genesis where Abraham was to give up Isaac, his son, his only son to God. Aabraham told Isaaac that God would provide Himself, a Lamb for the offering. God stopped him from killing Isaac, and Abraham espied a Ram caught by his horns in a thicket and offered it up.

Abraham is the first to receive the Gospel, as is taught in the New Testament, and here he inadvertantly was propesying that God would be, Himself a Lamb for the offering. He said dthis even thought it was a ram he espeid and offered up, for a ram is not the fulfillment of what Abraham declared would be God, Himself.
=================================================================
AMEN Brother Jack,
great foundational teaching from Genesis and Galatians...