How does Satan keep getting unbound?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
We've all heard it. Preachers preaching we just need to bind Satan. So if so many people have bound him how does he keep getting unbound? Is there someone going around unbinding him? Seems to me we ought to find that guy first.

Kenneth Copeland bound COVI-19. Did someone go behind him and unbind it?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it doesn’t seem like it’s about “ binding “ the devil but more about becoming aware that he is an active enemy in the world against us d were called to stand strong against his plots and lies

We have been given the battle plan but also we’ve been told what is against us

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we wouldn’t be told of this war of he was bound d he wasn’t actively pursuing us in the world

the best one I like most is here

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We can’t bind the devil But when we accept the truth that he is in the world working to destroy our saving faith we can be prepared and overcome him and stand strong against his lies which is his weapon against us while the gospel is our shield

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
This is the trouble with claiming something when you dont know if God has performed the request.

'Name it and claim it'is the common word for it.

Its all up to God whether He follows a request (more like demand in the case of Copeland!)

Not up to us.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
This is the trouble with claiming something when you dont know if God has performed the request.

Its all up to God whether He follows a request (more like demand in the case of Copeland!)

Not up to us.

Not up to us.
I say
Well now there wattie -----just maybe many are ignorant of not knowing the Scriptures very well and they are the ones who are still in the dark about certain things that God has given us permission to do here ------

Anyone who is Born Again needs to really get to know and understand WHO THEY ARE IN CHRIST -----

It may shock many ---but Binding and loosing is very Scriptural ------and is a promise of God

Jesus is speaking here ------Matthew 18 AMP--verse 18 Binding and loosing ----

Discipline and Prayer
15 “If your brother sins[a], go and show him his fault in private; if he listens and pays attention to you, you have won back your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two others, so that every word may be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses. 17 If he pays no attention to them [refusing to listen and obey], tell it to the [b]church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile (unbeliever) and a tax collector.

18 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth [c]shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth [d]shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.

19 “Again I say to you, that if two [e]believers on earth agree [that is, are of one mind, in harmony] about anything that they ask [within the will of God], it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greek word for bind ---Strong's Concordance
deó: to tie, bind
Definition: to tie, bind

Usage: I bind, tie, fasten; I impel, compel; I declare to be prohibited and unlawful
Satan is said to bind a woman bent together by means of a demon, as his messenger, taking possession of the woman and preventing her from standing upright
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greek word for Loose ------Strong's Concordance
luó: to loose, to release, to dissolve
Definition: to loose, to release, to dissolve
Usage: (a) I loose, untie, release, (b) met: I break, destroy, set at naught, contravene; , annul

3089 lýō – properly, loose (unleash) let go; release (unbind) so something no longer holds together; (figuratively) release what has been held back , to loose any person (or thing) tied or fastened
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another -----Binding and loosing scripture

Matthew 16 NIV --Peter calls Jesus the Messiah --verse 19
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus actually looses the infirmities of the bent lady in Luke 13

Jesus Heals a Crippled Woman on the Sabbath
10 On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, 11 and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. 12 When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” 13 Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.

I say ---Mark 3 EXP B -------Jesus actually tells us to bind the strong man --so they can't plunder our house -----Jesus here is being accused of being Satan by the Pharisees----verse 27

23 So Jesus called the people together and ·taught them with stories [L spoke to them in parables; C Greek parabolē, which can mean stories and analogies of various kinds].

He said, ·“Satan will not force himself out of people. [L “How can Satan drive out Satan?]

24 A kingdom that is ·divided [at war with itself] cannot ·continue [stand],

25 and a ·family [household; L house] that is divided cannot ·continue [stand].

26 And if Satan ·is [rises; rebels] against himself and ·fights against his own people [is divided], he cannot ·continue [stand]; that is the end of Satan.

27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and ·steal [seize; plunder] his things unless he first ·ties up [binds] the strong man [Is. 49:24–25]. Then he can ·steal [seize; plunder] things from the house. [C Satan is the strong man and his possessions are the people Jesus is freeing from Satan’s power.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say -----So Christians have the authority to bind and loose-----so Kenneth is right to Bind the strong man ---as Satan still has full access to us all ---until Jesus comes back and defeats him for good --it is up to us to keep the strong man bound up so he cannot influence us in our daily lives -------

We are in a Spiritual war every day and knowing how to defeat your enemy in war is the only way to have victory -----

1641515311845.jpeg

Dec 29, 2021
18 Verily I say to you, whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Those are the instructions of Christ that we are able to do such things.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I'm sure our prophet here meant well, but...

Not sure you can execute judgement on a virus... especially if the virus came as a judgement to the world.
Not sure you can execute judgement on Satan either, considering it's not time yet.
"You come down from you place of authority, Destroyer!"? Not time for that either.
"America is healed; and well again." Nope. Definitely not.

That guy on the left totally rocked, though.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
We've all heard it. Preachers preaching we just need to bind Satan. So if so many people have bound him how does he keep getting unbound? Is there someone going around unbinding him? Seems to me we ought to find that guy first.

Kenneth Copeland bound COVI-19. Did someone go behind him and unbind it?

I see it this way: Lord Jesus has already bound the "strong man", i.e. Satan. Lord Jesus has stripped Satan of his power and authority. He has given His authority to those who are born again.

So what is binding now? It is enforcing the victory of Christ on Satan. I bind Satan every day because that is how God works, on a daily basis. That is a fascinating study in itself. "Give us this day our daily bread". It's not physical food, but spiritual - Jesus is the Bread of life.

Nothing in the Christian life is automatic. We are exhorted to resist the devil? Why? Because he still the adversary. The world is still under Satan's control. He manipulates the world to oppress Christians. Christians are under attack from Satan's lies and accusations continually. Satan will "devour" anyone who leaves him or herself vulnerable. We have the armour of God for a reason.

Satan is like a massive tree. If you've watched lumberjacks, they can chop away for hours and seemingly get nowhere. Then just one more cut brings the tree down. Satan's defeat is certain, but the timing depends on God's people maintaining the pressure. We must keep on resisting.

How do we resist? By the exercise of our will. We must choose. It's not arbitrary that Lord Jesus told us to pray for God's will to be done. Some argue that God will have His way regardless. Really? If that is so, why ask God to do what He will do anyway?

Christians rarely realise the incredible responsibility that God has given to us. We are inclined to live in our own little world and not see the cosmic struggle that goes on unseen by us. Some believers do realise their responsibility and know the power that God gives us to use on His behalf. They are the Overcomers. They know the power of the precious blood to silence the accuser of the brethren. They are no afraid to testify to the great salvation that Lord Jesus bought with His blood. And they do not love their own lives, even to the point of death.

"Death" is not just being martyred. Sometimes death is easier than living, especially when we realise how wonderful life will be when we leave this world. I'm 70, and I have no desire to stay one earth one moment longer than necessary. However, there is work to do still.

Death for the Christian is death to sin, self, Satan and the world system. Self indulgence is a great enemy. Some have called it "the Satan within."

We know that God will have His way eventually. However, He requires the Church to do her part. We have all the tools that we could possibly need. Let's get on with it!

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Here is the thing Folks ----many trash and Bash these Ministers like Kenneth Copeland etc because they can't see passed their millions of Dollars and what they have ---------Satan has Blinded and Binded the minds of people with that so they don't listen to what these people actually teach straight from the Word ------

Some of these Ministers of these Mega Churches actually teach rightly straight from the Word ----which is more than what the Ministers in most main stream churches do today ----

We are quick to find fault with people who teach and preach ------Sow and reap -----binding and loosing ----ask God's will and it will be given to you -----God will do as He says -----God will protect you ---God will heal you ----God will prosper you -----God will Bless you ------God will give you gifts of the Spirit -----Cause we think that all these people want is our MONEY -----when in actual fact everything listed is Biblical ----

I think We have been so brainwashed by the main stream churches into thinking that God wants all Christians --- Broke --Busted and Discussed ---that is money is evil and all we need is enough for ourselves ----which goes completely against what the scripture really says ------which is when we relay on God He will provide us with the finances He feels we can handle and there will be enough for us and some to Bless others -----If we can't handle small money ----God will know we can't handle much money -----
There is protocol for Money laid out in Scripture on how it is to be used for His Kingdom ---and believe it or not SOME of these MEGA CHURCHES do ---Do the right thing with God's money ------

We humans do not know what these Ministers do with the money they take in nor do we know their hearts but God Does -----

We humans are Quick to pass judgment on these people just because of what the MEDIA and the Main Stream Churches say -----

And Folks ---Many Churches today are Closing because they are to afraid to preach on the Proper use of God's money fear they may loose all their people and there would be NO MONEY coming in to their Church -----All CHURCHES need money to pay the MINISTER and to pay their bills -----they rely on fear of not enough instead of Relying on God to provide the money to keep their Church open -----

I know personally a Minister in the Protestant Church who was warned not to Preach on money or ask for money ---and that Church just closed a few months ago ---and owed money as they had just done repairs to that Church ----They SHOT themselves In the FOOT and Reaped what they Sowed ----

1641564099661.jpeg -----Fear of lack ---comes from Satan

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
We are in a Spiritual war every day and knowing how to defeat your enemy in war is the only way to have victory -----
Agree. But following the likes of COpeland will not get you to victory.

Matthew 18:15-19 ESV 15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed [or shall have been bound… shall have been loosed] in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

First, look at the context. That entire chapter is talking about spiritual things. In a narrower sense, just looking at the passage you quoted (but in a more literal translation), these men of God have done their due diligence in establishing that this brother has sinned against another and has every intention of continuing in his sin. And so he is expelled. Then immediately it talks of binding and loosing. Now look at the footnote, “[or shall have been bound… shall have been loosed] in heaven.” Let’s look at another translation that tries to stay as close to the original yet still be readable to us:

Matthew 18:18 NASB 18 Truly I say to you, whatever you [forbid]bind on earth [pass. tense]shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you [permit]loose on earth [pass. tense]shall have been loosed in heaven.

In both we see the phrase is couched in the past tense. But the NASB also makes an important distinction- the terms bind and loose as used here mean to forbid or permit. A quick look at a more in depth reference than Strongs (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary) affirms this:

bind δέω deō- (excerpt)- as to "binding," and to all the disciples in Matthew 18:18, signify, in the former case, that the Apostle, by his ministry of the Word of Life, would keep unbelievers outside the kingdom of God, and admit those who believed. So with regard to Matthew 18:18, including the exercise of disciplinary measures in the sphere of the local church; the application of the Rabbinical sense of forbidding is questionable.

The “Rabbinical sense” would be the making of halacha, rulings on how to obey Torah. Note this does not preclude the usage of forbid in other connotations. In fact, it does not rule out completely the rabbinical interpretation of the term. Since this is the infinite word of God, I’d say contemplate both and glean what understanding we can, but the rabbinical definition would definitely seem to be secondary to the point.

Vine’s does not reference Mat 18.18 specifically, however reading the definitions of the term λύω luō we can get a definite sense of its being a metaphor for permitting:

Loose [ A-1,Verb,G3089, luo ]
denotes
(a) to loose, unbind, release,"
(1) of things, e.g., in Acts 7:33, RV, "loose (the shoes)," AV, "put off;" Mark 1:7;
(2) of animals, e.g., Matthew 21:2;
(3) of persons, e.g., John 11:44; Acts 22:30;
(4) of Satan, Revelation 20:3, Revelation 20:7, and angels, Revelation 9:14-Revelation 9:15;
(5) metaphorically, of one diseased, Luke 13:16; of the marriage tie, 1 Corinthians 7:27; of release from sins, Revelation 1:5 (in the most authentic mss.);
(b) "to loosen, break up, dismiss, dissolve, destory;" in this sense it is translated "to loose" in Acts 2:24, of the pains of death; in Revelation 5:2, of the seals of a roll

But nowhere does it say we can “bind” the adversary when God allows him to roam free (Job 1:7,2:2). We can ask God to restrain him (a type of “binding”), but we do not have the power to do so ourselves. That is a false doctrine. I’ve heard many people pray “Satan I bind you in the name of Jesus!” Then the enemy wins and they are befuddled for a moment, then “oh well … .” We can not bind the enemy. We pray and trust God with the outcome. And that’s no cheap statement from me. I have cancer, and my prayer is that God will just be God in my case. I know He has my best interests at heart. He also has a plan, of which I am a part. I don’t “bind satan.” That is for God to do at the appropriate time. And I do not allow those who pray such prayers to lay hands on me either. They may mean well, but they have fallen for deception, and that carries some very real spiritual consequences; consequences I do not need right now.

Matthew 16:19 NASB 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you [forbid]bind on earth [pass. tense]shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you [permit]loose on earth [pass. tense]shall have been loosed in heaven.”

Again, past tense. It is already decided in heaven. So the apostle would be guided by the Spirit to act in accordance with a heavenly decree, not just running around binding the devil and telling God it’s done!

Mark 3:27 (your translation) 27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and ·steal [seize; plunder] his things unless he first ·ties up [binds] the strong man [Is. 49:24–25]. Then he can ·steal [seize; plunder] things from the house. [C Satan is the strong man and his possessions are the people Jesus is freeing from Satan’s power.]

That’s one interpretation, and nothing wrong with it. This would be the literal sense of the term “bind.” It is used however a a metaphor in the spiritual sense, and Jesus is the one doing the binding, not man. Salvation is between Jesus and the individual, and the freedom in salvation is the work of God, not man.

Copeland is preaching a kind of easy grace. We don't tell God what to do, we ask and trust. And if anyone ever had the slightest chance to "bind satan" in the biblical sense, they would have to be able to discern the Spirit and just tell us what God has already done!

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
But following the likes of COpeland will not get you to victory.
Agree with this statement ----Following----Believing ---and Practicing God's Word about how to defeat Satan and his tribe is the only one who can give you victory in Spiritual Warfare ---no human or Religion can do that

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
According to Jude, even Michael, an archangel, didn't accuse Satan directly or say to him "I bind you in the name of Jesus!". He said, "The Lord rebuke you!", which is quite a different thing.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Agree. But following the likes of COpeland will not get you to victory.

Matthew 18:15-19 ESV 15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed [or shall have been bound… shall have been loosed] in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

First, look at the context. That entire chapter is talking about spiritual things. In a narrower sense, just looking at the passage you quoted (but in a more literal translation), these men of God have done their due diligence in establishing that this brother has sinned against another and has every intention of continuing in his sin. And so he is expelled. Then immediately it talks of binding and loosing. Now look at the footnote, “[or shall have been bound… shall have been loosed] in heaven.” Let’s look at another translation that tries to stay as close to the original yet still be readable to us:

Matthew 18:18 NASB 18 Truly I say to you, whatever you [forbid]bind on earth [pass. tense]shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you [permit]loose on earth [pass. tense]shall have been loosed in heaven.

In both we see the phrase is couched in the past tense. But the NASB also makes an important distinction- the terms bind and loose as used here mean to forbid or permit. A quick look at a more in depth reference than Strongs (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary) affirms this:

bind δέω deō- (excerpt)- as to "binding," and to all the disciples in Matthew 18:18, signify, in the former case, that the Apostle, by his ministry of the Word of Life, would keep unbelievers outside the kingdom of God, and admit those who believed. So with regard to Matthew 18:18, including the exercise of disciplinary measures in the sphere of the local church; the application of the Rabbinical sense of forbidding is questionable.

The “Rabbinical sense” would be the making of halacha, rulings on how to obey Torah. Note this does not preclude the usage of forbid in other connotations. In fact, it does not rule out completely the rabbinical interpretation of the term. Since this is the infinite word of God, I’d say contemplate both and glean what understanding we can, but the rabbinical definition would definitely seem to be secondary to the point.

Vine’s does not reference Mat 18.18 specifically, however reading the definitions of the term λύω luō we can get a definite sense of its being a metaphor for permitting:

Loose [ A-1,Verb,G3089, luo ]
denotes
(a) to loose, unbind, release,"
(1) of things, e.g., in Acts 7:33, RV, "loose (the shoes)," AV, "put off;" Mark 1:7;
(2) of animals, e.g., Matthew 21:2;
(3) of persons, e.g., John 11:44; Acts 22:30;
(4) of Satan, Revelation 20:3, Revelation 20:7, and angels, Revelation 9:14-Revelation 9:15;
(5) metaphorically, of one diseased, Luke 13:16; of the marriage tie, 1 Corinthians 7:27; of release from sins, Revelation 1:5 (in the most authentic mss.);
(b) "to loosen, break up, dismiss, dissolve, destory;" in this sense it is translated "to loose" in Acts 2:24, of the pains of death; in Revelation 5:2, of the seals of a roll

But nowhere does it say we can “bind” the adversary when God allows him to roam free (Job 1:7,2:2). We can ask God to restrain him (a type of “binding”), but we do not have the power to do so ourselves. That is a false doctrine. I’ve heard many people pray “Satan I bind you in the name of Jesus!” Then the enemy wins and they are befuddled for a moment, then “oh well … .” We can not bind the enemy. We pray and trust God with the outcome. And that’s no cheap statement from me. I have cancer, and my prayer is that God will just be God in my case. I know He has my best interests at heart. He also has a plan, of which I am a part. I don’t “bind satan.” That is for God to do at the appropriate time. And I do not allow those who pray such prayers to lay hands on me either. They may mean well, but they have fallen for deception, and that carries some very real spiritual consequences; consequences I do not need right now.

Matthew 16:19 NASB 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you [forbid]bind on earth [pass. tense]shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you [permit]loose on earth [pass. tense]shall have been loosed in heaven.”

Again, past tense. It is already decided in heaven. So the apostle would be guided by the Spirit to act in accordance with a heavenly decree, not just running around binding the devil and telling God it’s done!

Mark 3:27 (your translation) 27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and ·steal [seize; plunder] his things unless he first ·ties up [binds] the strong man [Is. 49:24–25]. Then he can ·steal [seize; plunder] things from the house. [C Satan is the strong man and his possessions are the people Jesus is freeing from Satan’s power.]

That’s one interpretation, and nothing wrong with it. This would be the literal sense of the term “bind.” It is used however a a metaphor in the spiritual sense, and Jesus is the one doing the binding, not man. Salvation is between Jesus and the individual, and the freedom in salvation is the work of God, not man.

Copeland is preaching a kind of easy grace. We don't tell God what to do, we ask and trust. And if anyone ever had the slightest chance to "bind satan" in the biblical sense, they would have to be able to discern the Spirit and just tell us what God has already done!
I Agree with this completely 😎 I probably over simplified my post.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
There are a lot of folks out there binding Satan besides Kenneth Copeland. You'd think by now he'd be pretty secure; nevertheless he apparently keeps getting unbound because people continue to bind him.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
There are a lot of folks out there binding Satan besides Kenneth Copeland. You'd think by now he'd be pretty secure; nevertheless he apparently keeps getting unbound because people continue to bind him.
I think they are confusing binding with restraining. They also assume God's will aligns with theirs, which is backwards. Our will must align with His, which often means we accept a negative outcome. "Negative" may not be the best term; He always has our best interests at heart. But we tend to see things temporally, where God sees them in light of eternity.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021

I say ---Jesus is teaching here Cdan2 ---He is telling His Disciples how to keep the Strong man from accessing their thoughts -----Satan only has the Power to access our thoughts ----unless he possesses a person --- then he has control over the complete person -----

So here is the thing to keep in mind ----in Matthew --Mark --Luke and John Jesus is alive and gives the power to His Disciples to do God's work --------After Jesus Dies we now have the Holy Spirit in us ----So with Christ in us we now have the Power by and through Christ in us to Bind the strong man -----Satan is still the god of this world and he still has access to all Born Again Christians -----through their thoughts and we are responsible to keep the Strong Man bound from our thought life --------

Another thing that is not taught in the main stream churches is ----and is important to get is ----- every word we speak out has power -----God created this earth and all in it by speaking out Faith words ---we are made in God's image and every word we speak creates ------

God said ---then God saw what he said ---so by speaking out that your are binding Satan from your thought life ---you are actually sending out your Faith words that can create your victory ------

The Hebrew word in Genesis when God speaks out and creates this world ----is the Hebrew word Davar -

Davar means "word," and it also means "thing." This fact reflects a deep facet of a Jewish world view. Words are the creative energy of the world. God spoke, and through words brought the universe into being.

The Greek word is Rhema means the same thing as Davar -----The Rhema word is the spoken word and creates a thing -----

Rhema (ῥῆμα in Greek) literally means an "utterance" or "thing said" in Greek. It is a word that signifies the action of utterance.

I say
We are to speak out our Faith Folks -----you you have confidence ---true Faith ---in a thing you will speak it out loud --

I say
As far as Copeland speaking Cheap or Easy Grace goes -----I totally disagree with your statement about that ---Cheap grace means that one does not believe they have to Repent to be Saved ----they can continue to sin as their sins are forgiven -and they can get into heaven without the cross --and I have listened to Kenneth and he does not preach that for sure ----he is all about people repenting and receiving Jesus -----again we are judging and not listening before we judge --------I don't agree with everything that Copeland says but he definitely is not teaching easy grace ----- ---

Judging others is very easy for us -and I think we all need to take seriously what Jesus says here ---we are to quick to judge others when we ourselves should be busy making sure we are on the straight and narrow path of teaching and Preaching the truth of the Word and doing what is right so we are not being the Hypocrite ---just my view -----

Matthew 7:3-5

New International Version

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
I say ---Jesus is teaching here Cdan2 ---He is telling His Disciples how to keep the Strong man from accessing their thoughts -----Satan only has the Power to access our thoughts ----unless he possesses a person --- then he has control over the complete person -----

So here is the thing to keep in mind ----in Matthew --Mark --Luke and John Jesus is alive and gives the power to His Disciples to do God's work --------After Jesus Dies we now have the Holy Spirit in us ----So with Christ in us we now have the Power by and through Christ in us to Bind the strong man -----Satan is still the god of this world and he still has access to all Born Again Christians -----through their thoughts and we are responsible to keep the Strong Man bound from our thought life --------
As you say later in this post, words have power. They also have meaning. Better to say "The Lord rebuke you" than "I bind you." As I showed, you cannot bind the s enemy.

Zechariah 3:1-2 NASB 3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right to accuse him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! Indeed, the Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a log snatched from the fire?”

Joshua stood silent before the Lord and who rebuked satan?

Another thing that is not taught in the main stream churches is ----and is important to get is ----- every word we speak out has power -----God created this earth and all in it by speaking out Faith words ---we are made in God's image and every word we speak creates ------

God said ---then God saw what he said ---so by speaking out that your are binding Satan from your thought life ---you are actually sending out your Faith words that can create your victory ------
You were doing good until that last sentence. I am not God to bind not just an archangel, but THE archangel, the enemy. My faith is God has already ordained what God is best for me. Concerning my thoughts (which do tend to evil at times) I first repent and ask forgiveness and help in overcoming, trusting God to do His part as I am fairly certain He does not want me to cuss. And I am happy to report my thoughts and words have improved greatly, praise the Lord!

Speak out your faith, yes; but speak wisely and accurately. You can't bind satan, but you can ask God to rebuke him and trust God to bind him at the appropriate (end) time.

I say
We are to speak out our Faith Folks -----you you have confidence ---true Faith ---in a thing you will speak it out loud --
So conversely those of us who do not go around "binding the devil" have no faith? I'd say we do, since we express that faith appropriately; not indulging in some feel-good theology where we can tell God what to do!

I say
As far as Copeland speaking Cheap or Easy Grace goes -----I totally disagree with your statement about that ---Cheap grace means that one does not believe they have to Repent to be Saved ----they can continue to sin as their sins are forgiven -and they can get into heaven without the cross --and I have listened to Kenneth and he does not preach that for sure ----he is all about people repenting and receiving Jesus -----again we are judging and not listening before we judge --------I don't agree with everything that Copeland says but he definitely is not teaching easy grace ----- ---
I was very specific. I said "easy grace." I never mentioned "cheap grace," which is a term coined by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and clearly defined by him. You in trying to present the terms as the same are setting up a straw man argument (intentionally or not).

Judging others is very easy for us -and I think we all need to take seriously what Jesus says here ---we are to quick to judge others when we ourselves should be busy making sure we are on the straight and narrow path of teaching and Preaching the truth of the Word and doing what is right so we are not being the Hypocrite ---just my view -----

Matthew 7:3-5

New International Version

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
On the other hand we are commanded to judge:

John 7:24 (ESV) 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

John 7:24 (ESV) 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

1 Corinthians 5:12 NASB 12 For what business of mine is it to judge outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?

And then there's this, "Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers?" (1 Cor 6:2-6) Now that's some serious judging we are to do!

I agree we are to clean up our own act before judging others. However is that not what they did in Matthew 18:15-19 in your post above? If you do not use good judgement in what is allowed and taught in your congregation, it will soon fall into heresy! And don't confuse being judgmental and making right judgements. They are completely different things, and we are to do the latter, not the first. Right judgement looks at all sides, gathers evidence, and applies the word to everything. It is not too quick, neither is it too slow. When all the facts are in and both sides have spoken, right judgment acts. Again reference your passage above; the unrepentant sinner was expelled.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I think they are confusing binding with restraining. They also assume God's will aligns with theirs, which is backwards. Our will must align with His, which often means we accept a negative outcome. "Negative" may not be the best term; He always has our best interests at heart. But we tend to see things temporally, where God sees them in light of eternity.
I'm not confusing anything. Maybe all the folks going around claiming to have bound Satan are the ones confused.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I was very specific. I said "easy grace." I never mentioned "cheap grace," which is a term coined by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and clearly defined by him. You in trying to present the terms as the same are setting up a straw man argument (intentionally or not).
Ya I see you are specific here with your easy grace ------LOL -----I think your grasping at straws with that term --and really if you want to get specific about terms -----there is no such thing as cheap grace either ----there is only Free Grace and you either receive it or you don't --------you can't get to heaven without accepting the Free Grace of Salvation ---and that is it in a nut shell -----

i say ----
I think there is confusion as to what bind means when it is used with Satan -----we cannot tie Satan up with rope or wrap him in cloth to bind him ---nor can we chain him up ------but we have the ability to keep him at bay an causing havoc in our lives ------we can restrain him ----

KJV Dictionary Definition: bind
To restrain in any manner.

So what does restrain mean ----

Dictionary
a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits.

So we have the power to---- limit---Bind ---restrain ----- Satan from infiltrating our Thoughts -----and to keep his attacks that cause havoc in our daily lives at bay by and through keeping our mind set on God and casting down any bad thoughts ------that is our job -----God provided the means ---we have to do the work ---

We can't stop the birds from flying over your head --but we can bind --restrain them from making a nest in our hair ------