How God provides the needs of your family?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Please narrate to us according to your experience or explain with Bible verses how God does this or it could be both.

will God also provide the needs of your children even if you are destitute and cannot afford to raise them well? (This is the reason why our country's local clergy is against using contraceptives and we should not fear having a lot of children even if you're a destitute man)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
J,
Your query led me to Prov. 10. Here are some verses i want to share:

3 The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish,
But He casts away the desire of the wicked.
4 He who has a slack hand becomes poor,
But the hand of the diligent makes rich.
5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son;
He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.
6 Blessings are on the head of the righteous,
But violence covers the mouth of the wicked.

Whatever other ppl argue abt having many or few children, His word says He will provide for/bless the righteous, while the slack or lazy becomes poor. After our 2nd son ws born, i had to stop working outside... but the Lord provided, and i can say He has not let us famish. There's another verse that says "In all labor there is profit." So if we rely on man's principles of economics, we may fail, but relying on what God says, we can be secure.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Please narrate to us according to your experience or explain with Bible verses how God does this or it could be both.

will God also provide the needs of your children even if you are destitute and cannot afford to raise them well? (This is the reason why our country's local clergy is against using contraceptives and we should not fear having a lot of children even if you're a destitute man)
If a man is destitute and can't afford to raise children, perhaps he should focus on getting himself in a position to do so prior to having children; "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel" (1 Timothy 5:8). God is not going to raise your children, that's what He created parents for. "The worker is worthy of his wages." (1 Timothy 5:18), but contraceptives make sense for people until they have wages to feed children.

I personally believe that some denominations (Catholicism) propagate the notion that birth control is wrong, for the sole purpose of building their religion. If you want to be the biggest and dominate, tell your parishioners that condoms are a sin :).... Problem is, there's nothing biblical about that statement.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
If a man is destitute and can't afford to raise children, perhaps he should focus on getting himself in a position to do so prior to having children; "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel" (1 Timothy 5:8). God is not going to raise your children, that's what He created parents for. "The worker is worthy of his wages." (1 Timothy 5:18), but contraceptives make sense for people until they have wages to feed children.

I personally believe that some denominations (Catholicism) propagate the notion that birth control is wrong, for the sole purpose of building their religion. If you want to be the biggest and dominate, tell your parishioners that condoms are a sin :).... Problem is, there's nothing biblical about that statement.
Jameen is a confessed Catholic, so that is what this whole thread is about.

animated-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

I think maybe we're conflating too many disparate issues.

----------

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
So you all agree on the verses given by Bro Mar as an answer about How God provides the needs of your family?

anyone here can share his story about how God provided for his family?

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila

Good answer. but at least the Orthodox Church is not narrow minded about contraceptives. it only bans contraceptive with abortifacient effects.

while my Church abhors all types of contraceptives.

I myself believe that using contraceptives depends on the intention. if it will be used for fornication or adultery then it is a sin but if you'll use it if you just want sex with your wife because you don't want to have children first because of short of funds then I think it is not a sin to do it.

anyway let's leave this issue. is it okay to share your story about How God provided the needs for your family?