J
Jenny23
Guest
I've been pondering how God helps other believers through the trials and suffering of life. I would love to hear some different stories of how God has helped you.
I've been pondering how God helps other believers through the trials and suffering of life. I would love to hear some different stories of how God has helped you.
I've been pondering how God helps other believers through the trials and suffering of life. I would love to hear some different stories of how God has helped you.
Our two cats Tango and Sugar have enriched our lives with their amusing antics.My wife and I are a childless couple. God sent us just the right dog. Just the right temperament. Lively, optimistic playful and funny. But also lots of commonsense so even when he is naughty it is quite harmless. He took our minds off ourselves. He teaches us every day how to not take our problems too seriously
I've been pondering how God helps other believers through the trials and suffering of life. I would love to hear some different stories of how God has helped you.
I am a healthy 95 year old, but my body is SLOW, I'm awkward, I move and act very elderly. My family, every single one, decided to have nothing more to do with me. I haven't seen or heard from any in three years, even ones who live in my town. Even though they live, they are gone to me. The grief is intense.
I knew God did not want me to spend my time crying, I had to accept what my life situation was, but how? So I went on a five day fast, shutting off worldly things and putting God within every minute. Lots of prayer and study.
I live in an assisted living facility that is strictly secular. If the church comes in there is no one who will go to the service. Our nurse is unable to understand anything of God, it is simply not part of how she thinks and lives. On the fifth day of my fast she came to my room, hands on hips, standing defiantly and asked if I was suicidal! Poor woman!
God gave me joy in Him during my fast time, and a desire to create beauty with oil paint. Whoever reads this, please do not send judgments of my family, God lets us all choose our way and loves us regardless. He expects us to do the same with others.
I spend lots of my time just communing with the Lord.
I would love to show you what I paint. There is a teen age Lynx, a large lake in the woods landscape, flowers, still life, deer out for a stroll. It is pleasure.
Thank you for sharing!These two testimonials of mine paved the way to a deeper theological understanding of trials and suffering.
Led into the Storm
http://christianchat.com/testimonies/151299-led-into-storm.html
My revelation Story.
http://christianchat.com/testimonies/147838-my-testimony.html
that is inspirational!So I went on a five day fast, shutting off worldly things and putting God within every minute. Lots of prayer and study.
I love this. I’m very encouraged by it. Thank you!I have been a believer for over 30 years, and in that time the Lord has seen me through a multitude of trials and temptations, sickness, bereavement, financial needs, housing needs, educational directions and support, protection, and many more!
He has been with me through all, and His faithfulness (in ALL things) has never failed or waned. Deut 33v27, John 15v9, 17v23, Phil 4v19, Heb 4v15, 13v6.
Thank you so much for your response! Fasting has helped me build spiritual strength throughout my Christian walk. I look forward to hearing more about what God is going to do in your life.I am a healthy 95 year old, but my body is SLOW, I'm awkward, I move and act very elderly. My family, every single one, decided to have nothing more to do with me. I haven't seen or heard from any in three years, even ones who live in my town. Even though they live, they are gone to me. The grief is intense.
I knew God did not want me to spend my time crying, I had to accept what my life situation was, but how? So I went on a five day fast, shutting off worldly things and putting God within every minute. Lots of prayer and study.
I live in an assisted living facility that is strictly secular. If the church comes in there is no one who will go to the service. Our nurse is unable to understand anything of God, it is simply not part of how she thinks and lives. On the fifth day of my fast she came to my room, hands on hips, standing defiantly and asked if I was suicidal! Poor woman!
God gave me joy in Him during my fast time, and a desire to create beauty with oil paint. Whoever reads this, please do not send judgments of my family, God lets us all choose our way and loves us regardless. He expects us to do the same with others.
I spend lots of my time just communing with the Lord.
I would love to show you what I paint. There is a teen age Lynx, a large lake in the woods landscape, flowers, still life, deer out for a stroll. It is pleasure.
This spoke to me more than you know! Thank you so much for sharing! He fills our days with good things. Amen.Another word for trial can be test. God helped me in one test recently by showing me what to do (i.e. end a relationship with someone). He led me thru a relevant entry I read in a little devotional book. When I read it, He gave pointed assurance in my heart that I needed to sever ties with this person. Not only that, but He gave me the willingness and right heart attitude to pray, "Father, help me do this. Help me do what You are asking of me." He provided courage and fortitude to do it. Thereafter, He has given me resolve and helped me to think about the situation from His viewpoint. Not wallowing in self-pity, but thinking hopeful, trusting thoughts. Finally, He has rewarded me greatly by the feeling of His presence and pleasure and also by filling my days with good things. Praise Father!![]()
I am 85 and God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. I can not tell what is going on at the present, but I can look back and see how he has guided my direction in spit of my rebellious actions. I was always a real sceptic of the bright and peaceful light the near death people experience until I had my own experience. I overcorrected myself when I veered off the road and caused my vehicle to roll down the embankment of a river. I totaled my car out and came out of it without even a scratch. The amazing thing about it was that the roll over seemed to be in slow motion and took about 20 minutes or so and the whole inside of my vehicle was lighted up with the most soothing and peaceful feeling that I have ever felt. Underneath the dash, where shadows usually are, was also lighted up. I knew, without a doubt, that it was God's presence with me. When I was 12 years old my brother accidently hit me in the neck with a hoe and cut my juggler vein completely into and the nearest doctor was 38 miles away. The hospital room was the same experience that I felt in my vehicle roll over, but at 12 years old I did not realise that it was God with me.I've been pondering how God helps other believers through the trials and suffering of life. I would love to hear some different stories of how God has helped you.