How Long Has Everyone Here Been Single?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How Long Has Everyone Here Been Single?

• I have been single my whole life--I have never had a significant other.

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • A few weeks.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • A few days to 3 months.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Over 3 months to 6 months.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Over 6 months to 9 months.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Over 9 months to a year.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Over a year to 2 years.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Over 2 years to 4 years.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Over 4 years to 6 years.

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Over 6 years to 8 years.

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Over 8 years to 10 years.

• Over 10 years.

• Over 10 years to 15 years.

• Over 15 to 20 years.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I have been single for over 20 years.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Other--I have something to explain in my post.

• My definition of being single is... (please share in your post.)

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
V

VTHokie

Nope I have never had a boyfriend. I guess technically sophomore year of high school I had a boyfriend.... but we dated for 30min...so, probably not qualifying as a relationship!

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
Nope I have never had a boyfriend. I guess technically sophomore year of high school I had a boyfriend.... but we dated for 30min...so, probably not qualifying as a relationship!
No way 30mins does not count. I've never even had a girlfriend for that long. ;)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Keep those traits because that is what a true man of God is seeking. A best friend, a sister in Christ, a mother to his children, and someone who knows herself and stays strong for what God has for her.
Thank you for the words of encouragement brother... I appreciate it :)

K

KeeganGentle

In my very short life I have made a habit of short relationships anywhere from, the only trully meaningful one I've had was with my now best friend Amy. Who is a very strong christian. Unfortunately the long distance part didn't workout but if we meet that might turn out quite differently... I hope

K

KeeganGentle

Does stalking a girl count as a relationship:D

J

jedidiah_asher

NBSB - No Boyfriend Since Birth

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
In my very short life I have made a habit of short relationships anywhere from, the only trully meaningful one I've had was with my now best friend Amy. Who is a very strong christian. Unfortunately the long distance part didn't workout but if we meet that might turn out quite differently... I hope
Know how you feel...on this one. A girl liked me and we texted for a while she is in Montana at the air force academy. Things just fizzled out, we never talk to each other any more. But, hey its not even a relationship. I've only known her for 1 week.

She says I'm too good for her cause she's not a virgin (I am), she smoked, she drank, and she has cursed. She is a Christian and does love Jesus and God.

I told her that does not change things between us. But, you can tell it did. Its really sad this kind of person would be well suited for the kind of man God made me to be.

Just breaks your heart when people don't want whats good for them. :(

F

fourleaf

I don't really consider myself as single because I am loved. :cool:

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
I have been single for approximately

fykhkf.jpg

years.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

All of this pi talk is making me hungry

images.jpg

K

KeeganGentle

If you need a large number try googolplex, thats a one with googol of zeros.

PS: A googol is one with a hundred zeros

C

CCmarie05

i have been single for 8 years (almost 9) i don't think i would have came back to God if i :) would have stayed where i was. I am glad that i heard what God was telling me in those dark days. Thing have turned out well so far lol. I love my life and am thankful for the blessings i've received

C

Chey60

I have been single for 5 years technically.. I did have a quick relationship with my first christian man end of january that ended end of april this year. It was painful but not as much as it would have been had I stayed with him longer :) it was nice because I had always been unequally yoked before and suffered much abuse and truly had low standards for myself..this time my standards were a bit higher and even tho you can be unequally yoked even as christians, I did have my first relationship where he did treat me like a princess the first two months.. it faded however and he started to be rude and we broke it off..cause I wasn't having it :) ! yay me:) Anyway I still think of myself as being single for 5 years with a bump in the road :)! lol to me Single is divorced (legally) not married..or never married..

C

Chey60

wow that is sad.. btw.. but remember that people call themselves christians quite loosely.. not everyone who says Lord Lord is known by Him. He says if you love me , keep my commands..they are also commiting adultery if they are in a relationship with a married person.. where do they get that they are not? If you give an alcoholic a drink, you are participating with him in the sin..it's the same thing..there is a scripture about being in bed with a sinner (in other words, if you are not trying to turn them around, you are partaking with them in your heart..making YOU as guilty)

These are people just justifying their sin.. :)

Phia

Jul 7, 2011
Unless God decides to send me my future husband wrapped up in a bow for Christmas........25 years single and counting :D

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I've been single ever since Kaley Cuoco got engaged in September (she said she was going to wait for me!). I'm never trusting blondes again!!!