How Many Chances to Get Saved Does God Give People Living in the State of Actual Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is any sin that a person clings to by continually resisting the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.
I strongly disagree.. Jesus made it clear what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was because the scribes committed it when they declared that Jesus was doing His miracles by the power of a demon..

(Mark 3:22) "¶ And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils."

People can resist the conviction of the Holy Spirit for a time but once a person submits to the leading of the Holy Spirit all that former resistance is forgiven.. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a sin that if once done will never have forgiveness in this world or the next..

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
At the crucifixion, speaking of the soldiers --
Luke 23:33 - 34 33:And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
34: The said Jesus, Father forgive them; for they know not what they do. . . .
Luke 23: 47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying Certainly this was a righteous man. (Is this an answer to Jesus' prayer?)

Another example is the "malefactors" on Jesus' right and left:
Luke 23: 39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. (Sounds like the words of Satan when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness. Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter come to him he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.)

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Both men had a very short time before their death, one committed blaspheme against the Holy Spirit (even used words similar to Satan and the other showed repentance when he declared Jesus to be his Lord.

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
It isn't too late to be saved until you take your last breath. God doesn't give up on us he is not willing that any should perish but all come to repentance.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
How Many Chances to Get Saved Does God Give People Living in the State of Actual Sin?
Nobody knows. I probably got dozens of instances of "Conviction of SIN" until the last one in 1963. I had a "sense" that it could be my LAST CHANCE if I turned it away again - so I finally SUrrendered, and repented crying out to Him to SAVE ME. And everything changed.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The verses you gave were still under the law OT Christ had not even died and rose yet. But lets look at the question "How Many Chances to Get Saved Does God Give People Living in the State of Actual Sin?" Not sure why you ask this since no one on this earth would know since only GOD can see the heart. Its foolish to debate something no one knows. Not sure what you mean by "actual sin". Well were all born into sin. There is no such thing as a good sinner. Think about GOD and remember He left Heaven became His own and then leaves the 99 to get the one. Did you read a time limit on that I didn't

Mom mom (home now) once was praying for a man in hospital who she knew was lost but in a coma I believe. She prayed the lord would give wake him up give him one more chance to know Him. That man did wake up got saved.. remember still in hospital and then died. I know of parents, grand parents that pray every day very night for years for there loved ones to know Christ. That's man what do you think a GOD would do to save His creation? yeah.. we can't know this

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
1000's of chances! only God knows the # for each person. if someone lived in sin for example, 15 years & then answered the "call" to Jesus, view that spam of sin for hours & you'll arrive at answer. it could be close to the real #. however, we have God's abounding grace in these verses: 2nd Corinthians 6:2, Psalm 95:78, & Hebrews 3:7,8.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
Matthew 26:21-25

Mark:14:21-25
1 The spirit came in childhood
And pleaded, “let me in,”
But oh, the door was bolted
By thoughtlessness and sin;
“I am too young,” the child replied,
I will not yield today,
There’s time enough tomorrow,
The spirit went away.