How many People Think the Jews Could Be Wrong?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If you build a kingdom in this doomed world you will be disappointed.

Store your treasures in heaven.

Jan 14, 2021
Isn't it consistent that if members of the body have "...different offices of duty/domain. An eye to an ear, etc. " as you agree, then they have different responsibilities? Does an eye have the same responsibility as an ear? Aren't duty (your word) and responsibility (my word) synonyms?
I think we both agree that differences exist, the question is more about how those domains/duties/responsibilities are established. My interpretation is that it isn't on the basis of genetics, and I believe your interpretation is that it is on the basis of genetics.

If we use weightlifting at the gym as an analogy, in Romans 14 Paul is saying "don't give someone who just joined 100 pounds to lift. It's too much, they will fail and leave discouraged". Paul isn't saying "don't go to the gym if you don't want to because there's no need to lift any weight anymore."
I would propose it is more like two bodybuilders with completely different body types. Their goals are the same but the way to properly acheive their gains is going to be entirely different. On leg day, using barbell back squats, one bodybuilder might have perfect form for them to lower their body in such a way, and for the second bodybuilder that same form is going to be completely wrong for them and will lead to injury and poor gains.

(Picture of differences in body-types and how there is no 'one' proper form that applies to all types at the same time - the solution to fixing the form on the right is to add wedge support to allow a declined angle of the foot/ankle, rather than attempting flat on the ground like left)

If you are following this analogy so far, looking beyond outward morphological differences, it could be the case that certain ethnicities should avoid shellfish or kinds of dairy because of things like hereditary food allergies or digestive problems. And on the other hand, some ethnicities will suffer without those things.

And from a mental standpoint, it could be the case that certain rituals and cultural modes of living are good for certain ethnicities and bad for others. The OT ordinances were specific to a particular ethnic group that no longer exists in the same pure form due to hybridization. So not only might it be the case that many OT ordinances could be bad for the nature of people lacking apparent Jewish ancestry, it could also be the case that many OT ordinances are also bad for people possessing apparent Jewish ancestry. (And of course, some ordinances could be universally 'good' for any group of people too).

The NT (and particularly with the teachings in Rom 14) tells us that the spirit of the law is what counts, not the letter. I think it's a faulty perspective to assume that we should all aim to eventually perfectly conform to OT ordinances (they were nailed to the cross for a reason). Even something simple like circumcision was a topic that Paul became irate over. If the true goal was to eventually bring Gentiles under the OT ordinances, small concessions like circumcision would have been simple starting steps. Instead of promoting the idea, Paul ridiculed that attempt to bring nonJews under the OT ordinances, going so far as to suggest that the perpetrators should castrate themselves instead. When Paul talked about circumcizing Timothy, he stated it was only to make him appear more acceptable to the Jewish people that lived in the area, and not for the purpose of bringing him in line with OT law.

Things like circumcision functioned as a blood sacrifice. All blood sacrifices are obsolete because they have been fulfiled in Christ. It can easily be the case that all old covenant ordinances are fulfilled by equivalency in Christ.

Paul is talking about The Law of God.
Paul is talking about the law of Christ as the/a law of God.

To me, the law of God appears to be talking about the spirit of the law rather than the OT ordinances of law.

Israel, who was entrusted with the very law of God,
If you agree with my interpretation of law of God, the ordinances were a form factor for the spirit of the law. OT Hebrews were entrusted with an outward form of the law of God, but the form is not the substance itself. And that's why and how the letter of the law was eventually abused by the Pharisees.

It is not impossible to consider that Gentiles of the time could have also had their conscience guided by God and in that way also follow the law of God (just in a completely different way). The way that Gentiles followed law by their inherent natural was also the way that Jews were eventually destined to do so as well ("laws written in heart and mind").

I believe we can entertain the idea that the reason that there was such rigidity, behavioural constraint, and raw brutality in the OT was to ensure that Jesus came into play in exactly the way that He needed to. And in His coming, in that success, the need for rigid constraints was no longer needed and is ready to fade away. Like the structural support used to place a keystone in a stone arch doorway.

if neither group was/is obligated to follow anything then what logical sense was there to give the new coverts anything to do?
Any instruction can be specific to a group of people. A group of people might be given an instruction to avoid penicillin. That instruction might be because of an unknown allergy. And a reader of scripture might find that certain lines resonate with them (revealing something that their own nature is calling them to do). Faith leads the way but some people might have a harder time internally assessing what their conscience and faith are leading them to do. Sometimes gentle prompts help.

Well, the Living God knows who's who. Romans 11 distinguishes between "natural branches" vs "wild". "Natural" represents the ethnic descendants.

There are promises specifically made to them and not to Gentile believers. One is Deuteronomy 30:1-5.
I don't see it. Not only is there nothing there that would exclude co-possession with 'Gentiles' (assuming we are using that term to mean "lacking apparent Jewish ancestry"), but it can easily be the case that this was fulfilled in Joshua 21:43.

You are referencing this line as though 'elect' wouldn't mean Christian.

There has never been a time in history when the people were scattered to every nation under heaven until after the 70AD
Since Mat 24:31 is talking about Christians and Deut 30:3 only talks about "scattering" without the "across all nations" context, the idea you are proposing doesn't follow.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
I think we both agree that differences exist, the question is more about how those domains/duties/responsibilities are established. My interpretation is that it isn't on the basis of genetics, and I believe your interpretation is that it is on the basis of genetics.

I would propose it is more like two bodybuilders with completely different body types. Their goals are the same but the way to properly acheive their gains is going to be entirely different. On leg day, using barbell back squats, one bodybuilder might have perfect form for them to lower their body in such a way, and for the second bodybuilder that same form is going to be completely wrong for them and will lead to injury and poor gains.

(Picture of differences in body-types and how there is no 'one' proper form that applies to all types at the same time - the solution to fixing the form on the right is to add wedge support to allow a declined angle of the foot/ankle, rather than attempting flat on the ground like left)

If you are following this analogy so far, looking beyond outward morphological differences, it could be the case that certain ethnicities should avoid shellfish or kinds of dairy because of things like hereditary food allergies or digestive problems. And on the other hand, some ethnicities will suffer without those things.

And from a mental standpoint, it could be the case that certain rituals and cultural modes of living are good for certain ethnicities and bad for others. The OT ordinances were specific to a particular ethnic group that no longer exists in the same pure form due to hybridization. So not only might it be the case that many OT ordinances could be bad for the nature of people lacking apparent Jewish ancestry, it could also be the case that many OT ordinances are also bad for people possessing apparent Jewish ancestry. (And of course, some ordinances could be universally 'good' for any group of people too).

The NT (and particularly with the teachings in Rom 14) tells us that the spirit of the law is what counts, not the letter. I think it's a faulty perspective to assume that we should all aim to eventually perfectly conform to OT ordinances (they were nailed to the cross for a reason). Even something simple like circumcision was a topic that Paul became irate over. If the true goal was to eventually bring Gentiles under the OT ordinances, small concessions like circumcision would have been simple starting steps. Instead of promoting the idea, Paul ridiculed that attempt to bring nonJews under the OT ordinances, going so far as to suggest that the perpetrators should castrate themselves instead. When Paul talked about circumcizing Timothy, he stated it was only to make him appear more acceptable to the Jewish people that lived in the area, and not for the purpose of bringing him in line with OT law.

Things like circumcision functioned as a blood sacrifice. All blood sacrifices are obsolete because they have been fulfiled in Christ. It can easily be the case that all old covenant ordinances are fulfilled by equivalency in Christ.

Paul is talking about the law of Christ as the/a law of God.

To me, the law of God appears to be talking about the spirit of the law rather than the OT ordinances of law.

If you agree with my interpretation of law of God, the ordinances were a form factor for the spirit of the law. OT Hebrews were entrusted with an outward form of the law of God, but the form is not the substance itself. And that's why and how the letter of the law was eventually abused by the Pharisees.

It is not impossible to consider that Gentiles of the time could have also had their conscience guided by God and in that way also follow the law of God (just in a completely different way). The way that Gentiles followed law by their inherent natural was also the way that Jews were eventually destined to do so as well ("laws written in heart and mind").

I believe we can entertain the idea that the reason that there was such rigidity, behavioural constraint, and raw brutality in the OT was to ensure that Jesus came into play in exactly the way that He needed to. And in His coming, in that success, the need for rigid constraints was no longer needed and is ready to fade away. Like the structural support used to place a keystone in a stone arch doorway.

Any instruction can be specific to a group of people. A group of people might be given an instruction to avoid penicillin. That instruction might be because of an unknown allergy. And a reader of scripture might find that certain lines resonate with them (revealing something that their own nature is calling them to do). Faith leads the way but some people might have a harder time internally assessing what their conscience and faith are leading them to do. Sometimes gentle prompts help.
I'm not sure if you realize this...but throughout your reply you've stayed away from what was specifically addressed in scripture and appealed to what "might be" the reason, "may have" been the motivation, "could have" been possible, "can be" the interpretation. I'm not sure if these are considered appeals to ignorance or to exception, but if we allow such fallacies in this conversation essentially anything and all things are possibly true, which gets us nowhere because nothing specific can be locked down. Hopefully you agree.

All we have are what the scriptures specifically say and should trust that men inspired by the Holy Spirit meant what they wrote.

The original question you posed was is there proof in scripture that ethnic descendants of Israel are given specific promises that are exclusive to them. In order to answer that I think we need to stick to what the scripture reveals, wherever the truth leads us, not add to the scriptures what might be the case.

There has been so many doctrines I was taught that I've had to let go of once weighed against what the pages of scripture actually said.

Jan 14, 2021
I'm not sure if you realize this...but throughout your reply you've stayed away from what was specifically addressed in scripture.
The Deut 30 bit reads out as "among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee" which means "to all the nations God scattered you to". Without Mat 24:31's reference to "from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" this really does not mean "gathered from every nation on earth".

Mat 24:31's "elect" is clearly talking about Christians, and the use of "elect" can be seen elsewhere in scripture pointing to Christians (e.g. Col 3:12).

So if the "from every nation" context was necessary for your argument that this was a future event, it falls short and very well could be attributed to Josh 21:43 where that promise was fulfilled. And because it was promised prior to Josh 21:43, it was necessarily fulfilled in Josh 21:43.

In order to justify your Deut 30 premise at this point, you would have to establish something along the lines of a recurring promise or something to that effect, which is not present in the Deut 30 prophecy. The rebuttal to "specifically address this" would be simply to bold the section of the verse that states "whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee"

and appealed to what "might be" the reason, "may have" been the motivation, "could have" been possible, "can be" the interpretation. I'm not sure if these are considered appeals to ignorance or to exception, but if we allow such fallacies in this conversation essentially anything and all things are possibly true, which gets us nowhere because nothing specific can be locked down. Hopefully you agree.
They aren't fallacies. The approach is just uncomfortable to anyone that would like to 'shortcut' to their favourite answer without providing reasoning and logical justification. And it is not the case that all things are possible. There are interpretations that can be demonstrated to be necessarily true, and ones necessarily false.

I've been transparent about my approach:

I think the best approach to this topic would be to 1) identify the passages containing the prophecies and their requirements, 2) evaluate all possible/valid interpretations that could be applied to fulfil those requirements, and 3) to make determinations from all of the possibilities as to what appears to be the most compelling interpretation.
Ok, yes I think this is fair.
Either you called the process fair without understanding the process, or you have changed your mind somewhere along the way.

There are three primary categories that an idea is going to fall into:
1) necessarily true;
2) necessarily false, or;
3) possible

And within that "possible" category, we can make a case regarding whether a possible interpretation should be considered:
possible but...
a) compellingly true;
b) compellingly untrue, or;
c) uncompelling.

The claim that Christ is recipient to the promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Israel is necessarily true. A claim that Moses' staff was exactly 5'6.276" high is possible but uncompelling. The claim that only a remnant of Israel will be saved is necessarily true. The claim that all of Israel will be saved is necessarily false.

If you are familiar with axioms, we are subtly accepting two axioms in our exploration of exegesis here, and those are:
1) Biblical infallibility, and;
2) Acceptance of key early Church concepts such as the Trinity.

There are three types of arguments that someone can present:
1) An argument from ethos (an argument that speaks from an authority, e.g. "the Bibles states that this is true" or "a teacher I respect stated this view")
2) An argument from pathos (an argument that appeals to feeling, e.g. "It's not explicit in the passage but love feels like the right answer for this")
3) An argument from logos (a logical argument derived from some kind of syllogism, e.g. "Magenta is a type of purple, magenta is a type of red. One gospel says red robe, a different gospel says purple robe. Therefore it stands that the robe could have been magenta")

Pathos and ethos arguments aren't by themselves invalid simply because they are not arguments from logos. But, any valid interpretation must be logically consistent with scripture. Pathos can be a great way to resolve personal interpretations of scripture when faced with many unresolved possibilities (e.g. "per Rom 14, what is unclean to me?" will most likely be most meaningfully addressed with a pathos argument: "I feel this is unclean to me, therefore it is unclean to me"). Ethos and pathos have their time and place, but if someone were to misrepresent an ethos or pathos argument as a logos argument that is exactly when a logical fallacy occurs. Claiming something is a logical fallacy when it isn't actually a logical fallacy is itself a logical fallacy.

All we have are what the scriptures specifically say and should trust that men inspired by the Holy Spirit meant what they wrote.
In fairness, I think we've bounced back and forth specific interpretations of scripture broadly, but only talked about one OT prophecy (Deut 30).

There has been so many doctrines I was taught that I've had to let go of once weighed against what the pages of scripture actually said.
There are many prophecies. Deut 30:1-5 is addressed by Josh 21:43, but if you had some passages about the day of the Lord, or recurring promises, etc. I think those would be worth a look.

Maybe Acts 17 would help illustrate a perspective that you are trying to express?

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;" - Acts 17:24-26 KJV

If you use "nations of men [...] bounds of their habitations", and then found something that talks about nations... maybe?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
The Deut 30 bit reads out as "among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee" which means "to all the nations God scattered you to".
Context is found in Deut 28:15-64 (Moses in pronouncing this prophecy over Israel just prior to dying and Joshua taking over leadership)

However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known

Moses continues...

Deut 30:1-5
When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the Lord your God disperses you among the nations, and when you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you.

4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors.

How is Joshua 21:43 a fulfillment of this if all of Israel is there listening to Moses speak this prophecy to them just prior to being led into the promised land by Joshua? When was Israel punished and scattered after Moses' prophecy but prior to Joshua 21:43?

Jan 14, 2021
How would you have the man of sin sitting in a spiritual temple showing himself to be God? What would that mean? The church being possessed by Satan?

Much love!
Much love!

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." - 2 Thes 2:4 KJV

Possession? Could be.

Another way to look at it is that it could be something similar to what happened to Peter when his thoughts were being influenced. The scene leading up to Jesus' line "get thee behind me Satan"

Good question

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Either you called the process fair without understanding the process, or you have changed your mind somewhere along the way.
I was quite clear that I hadn't started the process of addressing your question yet by providing a passage until after I addressed other points you had made first. Such wasn't subject to your rules.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
you guys lost me

But Jews have been mistaken about many things before (God called them a stubborn stiff-necked and gainsaying people) yet Jesus Christ was a Jew and born into an orthodox Jewish family.

So while the majority may not believe in their own progeny being their Messiah, there is plenty of evidence He was.

Whether this or that particular place was the Mount is really of no real concern, when Jesus preached the sermon on the Mount, it was the Mount of Olives. He didnt preach from the temple when it was there, in fact, he wasnt even allowed. Even though it was his Fathers own house.

so...anyway.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Heb 8, 9, 10, 11 and Rom 11 are good reading for this subject.
It is clear that we, like Abraham all in times past, look by faith to a greater city, a greater land, a greater kingdom, which the Lord builds not man.

This world is going to pass away so no use building a kingdom here.

Gods kingdom will not pass away. This world will.

Vs 13 is about the second coming of Jesus....
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

><>

If I read you right, you think that verse 2 Pet 3:10-13 refers to the Second Coming. It is actually referring to the END of the World that happens AFTER THE Millenial Kingdom is FINISHED. They we go to the Eternal State. You forgot to figure in Zech. 14:1-21.

Zechariah 14:1-21 (HCSB)
1 A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided in your presence.
2 I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle. The city will be captured, the houses looted, and the women raped. Half the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be removed from the city.
3 Then the LORD will go out to fight against those nations as He fights on a day of battle.
4 On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east. The Mount of Olives will be split in half from east to west, forming a huge valley, so that half the mountain will move to the north and half to the south.
5 You will flee by My mountain valley, for the valley of the mountains will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come and all the holy ones with Him.
6 On that day there will be no light; the sunlight and moonlight will diminish.
7 It will be a day known ⌊only⌋ to Yahweh, without day or night, but there will be light at evening.
8 On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it toward the eastern sea and the other half toward the western sea, in summer and winter alike.
9 On that day Yahweh will become King over all the earth—Yahweh alone, and His name alone.
10 All the land from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem will be changed into a plain. {Probably a Great Earthquake, will cause this Tranformation. From northeast of Jerusalem about 50 miles, all the way south to an area west of the southern end of the Dead Sea. My guess for this purpose, to make more room to be close to the Festival of Booths, that will be MANDATORY.} But ⌊Jerusalem⌋ will be raised up and will remain on its site from the Benjamin Gate to the place of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
11 People will live there, and never again will there be a curse of complete destruction. So Jerusalem will dwell in security.
12 This will be the plague the LORD strikes all the peoples with, who have warred against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
13 On that day a great panic from the LORD will be among them, so that each will seize the hand of another, and the hand of one will rise against the other.
14 Judah will also fight at Jerusalem, and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected: gold, silver, and clothing in great abundance.
15 The same plague as the previous one will strike the horses, mules, camels, donkeys, and all the animals that are in those camps.
16 Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Festival of Booths.
17 Should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, rain will not fall on them.
18 And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter, then rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague the LORD inflicts on the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Booths.
19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Booths.
20 On that day, ⌊the words⌋ HOLY TO THE LORD will be on the bells of the horses. The pots in the house of the LORD will be like the sprinkling basins before the altar.
21 Every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts. Everyone who sacrifices will come and take some of the pots to cook in. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of Hosts.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I meant "Then we will got to the Eternal State."

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

If you build a kingdom in this doomed world you will be disappointed.

Store your treasures in heaven.

IT IS IN HIS PLAN TO BE KING OVER THE ALL THE EARTH. So are you questioning HIS PLAN or What ? ? ?

Isaiah 46:11 (HCSB)
11 I call a bird of prey from the east, a man for My purpose from a far country.
Yes, I have spoken; so I will also bring it about. I have planned it; I will also do it.

Sounds to me you will be the only one Disappointed.

markss

Feb 10, 2020
Much love!

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." - 2 Thes 2:4 KJV

Possession? Could be.

Another way to look at it is that it could be something similar to what happened to Peter when his thoughts were being influenced. The scene leading up to Jesus' line "get thee behind me Satan"

Good question
What would be the meaning of the part, "showing himself to be God"?

Much love!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
1668563113840.png
Just created a new Icon, from some old Clipart.
Did it on my FastStone Image Viewer software.
Turned out better that I thought.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Much love!

Possession? Could be.

Good question

1668580531059.png

Here it is in the New Century Version:

2 Thessalonians 2:4 (NCV)
4 He will be against and put himself above anything called God or anything that people worship. And that Man of Evil will even go into God’s Temple and sit there and say that he is God.

Do you Know how Many seats Are in that TEMPLE ? ? ?

Only One, the Mercy Seat.

1668579939688.png

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ive read that the ark of the covenent (the mercy seat) is buried somewhere underneath the mount so, maybe they are just going to dig it out one day.

But I would think God would save everyone the hard work and reveal it by earthquake, just as he ripped the curtain in two.

Of course believers already KNOW Jesus is Lord and savior, the whole temple thing seems to be for the people who dont. They have to see it to believe it. Jews need a sign.

Many Jewish people are STILL looking for their messiah and many rabbis have claimed to be the one over the years even after Jesus came the first time. In fact if this temple gets built there will surely be a lot of men getting 'Jerusalem syndrome' and thinking they are the Christ...it will be very tempting for anyone to just claim it. I mean we have lots of world leaders/preseidents/politicians/monarchs who do just that over their own nations and not all of them have come to power legitimately!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its like how people get 'red carpet fever' when in close proximity to royalty.
They start believing they are to the manor born or something. Of course some royalty probably are now royalty because somewhere along the line someone bumped their ancestor off or elimnated whoever was first in line to the throne.

its not like anyone can claim to be messiah now other than Jesus which is so obvious to US, but for the Jewish people, because the royal line goes through them, and they dont recognise Jesus, any male born to the correct lineage could potentially be the Messiah. Which is kinda weird because their kings dynasites died out years ago, but they might either dig it up again or say well the messiah is now elected through popular vote. However its not like you see many politicans actually performing miracles now like Jesus did.

if people did that now, most people would think somethings up like the ones who believed Jim Jones with his chickens guts.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Ive read that the ark of the covenent (the mercy seat) is buried somewhere underneath the mount so, maybe they are just going to dig it out one day.

But I would think God would save everyone the hard work and reveal it by earthquake, just as he ripped the curtain in two.

Of course believers already KNOW Jesus is Lord and savior, the whole temple thing seems to be for the people who dont. They have to see it to believe it. Jews need a sign.

Many Jewish people are STILL looking for their messiah and many rabbis have claimed to be the one over the years even after Jesus came the first time. In fact if this temple gets built there will surely be a lot of men getting 'Jerusalem syndrome' and thinking they are the Christ...it will be very tempting for anyone to just claim it. I mean we have lots of world leaders/preseidents/politicians/monarchs who do just that over their own nations and not all of them have come to power legitimately!
Interesting idea, so you think there are Jews who will think they're messiahs.

Nov 26, 2021
India
Well, the Jewish Prophets were right, and Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah. We know Anti-Christ must come before Christ returns. Sadly, as the Lord said, the Jews will at first accept anti-Christ; "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (Jn 5:43) but then they will reject him, turn to Jesus Christ, and accept Him as the True Messiah of Israel, and the Savior of the world. Then the blessings spoken of in Romans 11 etc will come both upon Israel and, through them, to the whole world.

God Bless.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
In the Holy Bible, 2 Peter 1 teaches us (NIV): "Fruitful Growth in the Faith

"5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
1668645207938.png

I was reading through what you posted. It seems like Most who Think they are Saved, skip verse 7 all together.
Let me give you part of my Testimony. I was born and raised a LUTHERAN, and thought I was saved because of want I did.
That began with infant Baptism, I became an Acolyte (Alter Boy), Went to LSV Camp, Helped around the Church, etc. And thought, because of what I did, I had to be saved. All that church activity just made me a Good Lutheran, Lutheran, and NOT a Born Again Lutheran.

I found out in 1977, after I Married a Catholic gal in July, I was not even SAVED. She demanded a divorce, on Christmas Eve no less, because SHE SAID I COULD NOT EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY HER WHAT SHE WANTED OUT OF LIFE. I had a good job at the Post Office, and she was not satisfied. I spun myself into a deep Depression, and seriously I attempted SUICIDE three times the Next week. After the Third Attempt, something inside me BROKE. Maybe it was PRIDE of living my life may own way, BUT WAVE, AFTER WAVE, AFTER WAVE WASHED OVERME, SEVERE GUILT OF MY WHOLE LIFESTYLE. I was bawling baby, on my knees CRYING OUT TO HIM, "Lord FORGIVE ME, LORD PLEASE FORGIVE ME! If you have you have a purpose for my life, they you are going to have to come into my heart and RUN IT! I cannot do it!"

The Holy Spirit had to have given me that Prayer, because NO ONE EVER SAID A PRAYER OF COMPLETE SURRENDER TO HIM, in the Lutheran Church that I attended. I mean a COMPLETE Surrender, never to take it back. But something else happened that night, it was a Vision or A Dream, and I cannot tell which, BUT IT WAS VERY REAL, and I cannot stress that enough.

I was transported on my KNEES, to the CROSS OF JESUS. TEARS keep flooding my eyes, as I reached up, begging HIM for FORGIVENESS FOR MY WHOLE LIFESTYLE. I looked up at HIM, and something unusual caught my eye. THE NAILS WE IN HIS WRISTS, and NOT IN HIS HANDS. I did not learn about this for YEARS, in a sermon, THE JEWS CONSIDERED THE WRISTS TO BE PART OF THE HANDS. Every Picture of Jesus on the Cross, the Nails were in HIS palms. In the palm of the hands they would have ripped through the flesh, but feel your wrists now, their is a hole about dead center, and in that position, it would hold twice the wait of a man. I was totally amazed to see it was in HIS WRISTS, and was staring at them, when blood came out around the Nails, and fell on my forearms, and IT WAS WARM, and instantly, I KNEW I WAS FORGIVEN. The Vision or Dream ended there.

The LORD led me to change Churches, and HE LED ME TO SOME VERY GOOD BIBLE TEACHING CHURCHES, with one hour SERMONS, and My Spirit was so HUNGRY for the WORD. Let me know if this means something to your HEART, not your Head.

I have one more verse to Share with YOU. Salvation has NOTHING to with how much we do for the Church, it is PURELY BY GRACE we are SAVED. But look How Long ago that actually HAPPENED.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.