How many women here are in their 20s and 30s?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Have you ever done comparative readings for verses, such as what is made available on Biblehub? I like using
their site because they have the Berean Study (or Standard) Bible, which is a favourite of mine, and often quoted.

Here is an example:

https://biblehub.com/john/3-16.htm

It gives many many version translations, the context, cross references, a treasury of Scripture
(expanding upon the former), commentaries, and a lexicon or concordance all on the same page
.:D
I use BibleHub all of the time for comparative analysis.

Jul 25, 2018
That is really beautiful, a kingdom of love. I greatly appreciate your sharing as well :giggle:.
Of course! :)

If I may, there's one more thing I would love to share with you that made me love the CEV. It's actually a connection I found between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

May I share?

Jun 17, 2023
I use BibleHub all of the time for comparative analysis.
It's one of my favorites as well.
Of course! :)

If I may, there's one more thing I would love to share with you that made me love the CEV. It's actually a connection I found between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

May I share?
Of course, I would love for you to share.

Jul 25, 2018
It's one of my favorites as well.

Of course, I would love for you to share.
Please read this verse:

God said, “But I wipe away your sins (1) because of who I am (2). And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done (3).”- Isaiah 43:25 CEV

Now please read these verses:

(1) “... Love wipes away many sins.” - 1 Peter 4:8 CEV

(2) “God is love ...” - 1 John 4:8 CEV

(3) “... Love doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do.” - 1 Corinthians 13:5 CEV

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
I was looking for an excuse to say that...

Foghorn used to say "there's something, I say there's something a little ehhh..."

Jun 17, 2023
Please read this verse:

God said, “But I wipe away your sins (1) because of who I am (2). And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done (3).”- Isaiah 43:25 CEV

Now please read these verses:

(1) “... Love wipes away many sins.” - 1 Peter 4:8 CEV

(2) “God is love ...” - 1 John 4:8 CEV

(3) “... Love doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do.” - 1 Corinthians 13:5 CEV
That's a great find. It's always a joy to get those "aha!" lightbulb moments while reading scripture. And it is truly a relief that God is love. I'm grateful to Him for His character, and also that He saw fit to give me faith in His Son Jesus. Life would be utterly miserable without Him.

Jul 25, 2018
That's a great find. It's always a joy to get those "aha!" lightbulb moments while reading scripture. And it is truly a relief that God is love. I'm grateful to Him for His character, and also that He saw fit to give me faith in His Son Jesus. Life would be utterly miserable without Him.
Exactly! There are so many "aha" moments I found because of the CEV Bible. It's so amazing.

Also, amen! I agree. To be honest, I personally believe that the most important Bible verse is "God is love." I believe love is the foundation of our faith. Love is the ultimate reason why God created us.

I'm sure many Christians would disagree with me. Lol.

Jun 17, 2023
I would agree. If we take into account that God is love, love would have to be the most important Bible verse. But, when I think about love being an action ("to love not in word, but in deed and in truth"), and I think about Jesus being God in the flesh, as well as Him being God's expression of love to a dying world ("For God so loved the world, he gave His only begotten Son..."), I do believe Jesus is the key take-away from all of scripture. For example, in John 5:39-40 Jesus says, "You search the Scriptures, because you think you will find eternal life in them. The Scriptures tell about me, but you refuse to come to me for eternal life."

I definitely agree that love is the greatest of all commandments, but only knowing God could produce such results in our lives, seeing that He is the true Vine and we are the branches. In order to continue producing fruit, we the branches have to stay connected to Jesus, or we'll stop producing fruit. When we see evidence of real love around us--neighbors treating one another with compassion, for example--I think of it as being a ripple effect pointing to God (who I agree is indeed love). And God blesses both his children and those who are not His children because He is love. But, if I loved others and I knew about God's love for me, but suddenly found out I was not His child/not going to be with Jesus in Heaven, then I would be utterly miserable.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing. I'm not sure. I believe Jesus is our foundation (1 Corithians 3:10-15), because without Him we would have no faith (because He is the author of it), and without Him, I believe everyone would lose the true ability to love. And if we reject Jesus, we don't have God who is love. If we don't have love, it's a sign that we truly don't know God, because God is love...

Foundation-wise, I feel 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 might state who/what our foundation is, in more certain terms. I'll post it here for convenience :

10 God treated me with undeserved grace and let me become an expert builder. I laid a foundation on which others have built. But we must each be careful how we build, 11 because Christ is the only foundation. 12-13 Whatever we build on this foundation will be tested by fire on the day of judgment. Then everyone will find out if we have used gold, silver, and precious stones, or wood, hay, and straw. 14 We will be rewarded if our building is left standing. 15 But if it is destroyed by the fire, we will lose everything. Yet we ourselves will be saved, like someone escaping from flames.

You have certainly gotten me thinking! Lol. That's not a bad thing. You know, "as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." I appreciate the sharpening. And again, thank you for being willing to share.

Jul 25, 2018
I would agree. If we take into account that God is love, love would have to be the most important Bible verse. But, when I think about love being an action ("to love not in word, but in deed and in truth"), and I think about Jesus being God in the flesh, as well as Him being God's expression of love to a dying world ("For God so loved the world, he gave His only begotten Son..."), I do believe Jesus is the key take-away from all of scripture. For example, in John 5:39-40 Jesus says, "You search the Scriptures, because you think you will find eternal life in them. The Scriptures tell about me, but you refuse to come to me for eternal life."

I definitely agree that love is the greatest of all commandments, but only knowing God could produce such results in our lives, seeing that He is the true Vine and we are the branches. In order to continue producing fruit, we the branches have to stay connected to Jesus, or we'll stop producing fruit. When we see evidence of real love around us--neighbors treating one another with compassion, for example--I think of it as being a ripple effect pointing to God (who I agree is indeed love). And God blesses both his children and those who are not His children because He is love. But, if I loved others and I knew about God's love for me, but suddenly found out I was not His child/not going to be with Jesus in Heaven, then I would be utterly miserable.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing. I'm not sure. I believe Jesus is our foundation (1 Corithians 3:10-15), because without Him we would have no faith (because He is the author of it), and without Him, I believe everyone would lose the true ability to love. And if we reject Jesus, we don't have God who is love. If we don't have love, it's a sign that we truly don't know God, because God is love...

Foundation-wise, I feel 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 might state who/what our foundation is, in more certain terms. I'll post it here for convenience :

10 God treated me with undeserved grace and let me become an expert builder. I laid a foundation on which others have built. But we must each be careful how we build, 11 because Christ is the only foundation. 12-13 Whatever we build on this foundation will be tested by fire on the day of judgment. Then everyone will find out if we have used gold, silver, and precious stones, or wood, hay, and straw. 14 We will be rewarded if our building is left standing. 15 But if it is destroyed by the fire, we will lose everything. Yet we ourselves will be saved, like someone escaping from flames.

You have certainly gotten me thinking! Lol. That's not a bad thing. You know, "as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." I appreciate the sharpening. And again, thank you for being willing to share.
Wow! I love your long response. Thank you! Amen!

The response you gave is a common response I get. Once I say that “God is love” is the foundation of faith, many Christians automatically think I’m saying Jesus isn’t crucially necessary to our faith. Which I am not saying at all.

I think it’s the word love that causes people to reject my perspective. So for you, I will share what I mean by love.

I believe love is defined as goodness. I believe this because of 1 Corinthians 13:4-6:

“Love is patient and kind, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.” - 1 Corinthians 13:4-6

Since patience, kindness, consideration, humility, selflessness, forgiveness are all good and they all describe love, then I define love as goodness.

Love is most important because without love, we lose patience, kindness, consideration, humility, selflessness, forgiveness, etc. Imagine a world without those virtues. It would be hell on Earth!

I believe the Bible says that love is most important:

- “Love is more important than anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.” - Colossians 3:14

- “Jesus answered: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, ‘Love others as much as you love yourself.’” - Matthew 22:37-39

- “For now there are faith, hope, and love. But of these three, the greatest is love.” - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Also, because I get the objection that Jesus is the foundation of faith, not love, I actually wrote a response that I would love to share with you. May I? :)

Jul 25, 2018
Yes, of course. I would love to hear.
There are Christians who will say, “You are wrong! The foundation of the Christian faith is Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection!”

I will say: All of what Jesus did is critically important and is foundational to the Christian faith. If it wasn’t for His death, burial, and resurrection, our faith would be worthless (1 Corinthians 15:14).

However, I believe it’s also critically important for us to acknowledge the motivation that led Jesus to do all He has done for us.

What was the motivation?

“Let love be your guide. Christ loved us and offered His life for us as a sacrifice that pleases God.” - Ephesians 5:2

“God is love” being the Foundation of Faith isn’t to minimize our salvation in Christ. It’s to put emphasis on the motivation behind our salvation in Christ!

Jun 17, 2023
When considering the whole thing, I do agree with what you're saying.

Also, I noticed that you write :) . How many books have you written? Would you mind sharing them all?

Jul 25, 2018
When considering the whole thing, I do agree with what you're saying.

Also, I noticed that you write :) . How many books have you written? Would you mind sharing them all?
Thank you so very much for taking the time to read all I shared and for understanding my perspective. God bless your kind heart. :)

Yes, I do enjoy writing. I have wrote four booklets about the Christian faith so far. I would love to share them. I was actually wanting to ask if I could share my most recent booklet with you. My previous reply to you was actually an excerpt from my recent booklet.

Here is the pdf copy of my booklet on Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10kKGhJl2WyG23RrtlHPr8upV3kSGCDpN/view?usp=sharing

Please take your time reading. There's no rush. I do look forward to knowing your thoughts after. :)

Also, I have a website where you can read all my booklets. My website is at the end of the booklet I just shared with you. :)

Jun 17, 2023
Thank you so very much for taking the time to read all I shared and for understanding my perspective. God bless your kind heart. :)

Yes, I do enjoy writing. I have wrote four booklets about the Christian faith so far. I would love to share them. I was actually wanting to ask if I could share my most recent booklet with you. My previous reply to you was actually an excerpt from my recent booklet.

Here is the pdf copy of my booklet on Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10kKGhJl2WyG23RrtlHPr8upV3kSGCDpN/view?usp=sharing

Please take your time reading. There's no rush. I do look forward to knowing your thoughts after. :)

Also, I have a website where you can read all my booklets. My website is at the end of the booklet I just shared with you. :)
Of course! And good morning, God bless you too.

Thank you for sharing! And I appreciate your patience. Here are my thoughts after reading:

I believe your book shows (very well) how love, as the focus of faith, makes everything else make sense. Love is the logical reason why justice must take place and the motivation behind God/Jesus dying for our sins, being buried, and rising again. Love is what motivates us to obey God from our hearts as He calls us to love Him, and to love our neighbor as ourself. If we don't truly love Jesus, then we don't obey Him. And when we look at the sins that exist in the world, they are all results of not loving God or His creation, or both. The scripture that this book reminds me of is Colossians 3:14.

Also, the way you organized your writing made the presented concepts easy to understand. They flowed together in a logical order. God has really gifted you. :)

Jul 25, 2018
Of course! And good morning, God bless you too.

Thank you for sharing! And I appreciate your patience. Here are my thoughts after reading:

I believe your book shows (very well) how love, as the focus of faith, makes everything else make sense. Love is the logical reason why justice must take place and the motivation behind God/Jesus dying for our sins, being buried, and rising again. Love is what motivates us to obey God from our hearts as He calls us to love Him, and to love our neighbor as ourself. If we don't truly love Jesus, then we don't obey Him. And when we look at the sins that exist in the world, they are all results of not loving God or His creation, or both. The scripture that this book reminds me of is Colossians 3:14.

Also, the way you organized your writing made the presented concepts easy to understand. They flowed together in a logical order. God has really gifted you. :)
Hey! Good morning and God bless you!

Wow! I didn't expect such quick feedback. Haha.

Please know I am so thankful that you took the time to read my booklet and for giving me your wonderful feedback. You have encouraged me so much. I really love that after allowing me to explain my perspective, you truly understand where I am coming from. As I said before, God bless your heart!

If I may, I would love to ask you different questions about faith in order to know your thoughts. I've really been enjoying our conversation and I'm also someone who loves asking questions. Haha.

If it's okay, would you want me to continue to message you here? Or would it be okay to directly message you?

Please let me know when you can. Please have a wonderful and blessed morning!

Jun 17, 2023
Yes, of course! I've enjoyed our conversation as well. I would like to continue messaging here for the time being.
And I hope you will have a blessed and wonderful morning, too!

Jul 25, 2018
Yes, of course! I've enjoyed our conversation as well. I would like to continue messaging here for the time being.
And I hope you will have a blessed and wonderful morning, too!
Thank you for letting me know. :)

Jun 17, 2023
Of course :) . And I look forward to continuing our conversations, and any questions you may have. If any require an answer of a somewhat private nature, such as my age, then I do not mind answering those in a direct message.