How Much Control Would You Give?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I just watched a documentary on AI.... The host brought up the question, "Do you trust an AI driving car?" He gave the example, I am 54 years old and the car has to swerve to miss a 10 year old kid and I die, because the car wet off a cliff.... Now he knew, and I know this is an exaggerated point... But nonetheless still a point....

Yes, Alexa is great. But how much control would you give to let AI run your life?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I just watched a documentary on AI.... The host brought up the question, "Do you trust an AI driving car?" He gave the example, I am 54 years old and the car has to swerve to miss a 10 year old kid and I die, because the car wet off a cliff.... Now he knew, and I know this is an exaggerated point... But nonetheless still a point....

Yes, Alexa is great. But how much control would you give to let AI run your life?
None, and it really bugs me that someone else giving that control of their life to AI could end up affecting me in a negative way.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where is Locutus with his Borg suit when we need him?

I will not have Alexa or any similar digital companion in my home. A smart phone is the limit... and even that is risky. As for AI, computers have already reached the point that they develop unprogrammed biases and learn from each other. What happens when your car decides that your opinion... or your neighbour's... is "undesirable"? No thanks. Not without a kill switch.