How much died/passed away?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Is the Bible the True Authoritative Word of God.... from Genesis to Revelation (all 66 Books)?

If some have passed away please explain and expecilly explain how you can believe in Jesus if any of the Old Testament has passed away.... How can Jesus/Messiah be real without the OT?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Your profile indicates you are Christian. How did you become a Christian?

There is not question about the bible being the authoritative word of God. All 66 books are divinely inspired. I have seen no one claim that the OT is not Gods word. Jesus quoted from the OT scriptures and the apostles proclaimed the gospel from the OT scriptures.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Is the Bible the True Authoritative Word of God.... from Genesis to Revelation (all 66 Books)?

If some have passed away please explain and expecilly explain how you can believe in Jesus if any of the Old Testament has passed away.... How can Jesus/Messiah be real without the OT?
Paul said that all scripture is good for teaching and correction.. That's why the Christian Bible includes the OT.. But God established a New Testament that took away the penalty of the Law... death... for those who believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured...

Even in the Old Testament God declared that He would be making changes and a New covenant..

Jeremiah 31: KJV
31 "¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

The entire Bible (all 66 books) are still Scripture. No Scripture has "passed away". However, for those who trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, the old covenant has passed away. Don't confuse the concepts. :)

Sep 8, 2019
USA
Both OT and NT have passed away because of the traditions of our worthless godless whorish parents. So it is that their worthless godless whorish children have no belief and are infidels and fewer still that claim to believe actually read all of the Holy Scriptures, and fewer still that read the Holy Scriptures can even begin to understand them.

But alas many are called and few are chosen, Lord Jesus so told us that both believed, read, and understood. Let them die and go to hellfire with their Bibles that they do not believe, nor read, nor understand. We will live forever with the Lord God's living Word enscribed on our hearts, praise Jesus.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ Re: "many are called, but few chosen"

G2564 - kaleó / kalesai / keklēmenous - "to call / invite / name"

G2822 - klétos / klētoi / klētois - "to call / invite / summon"

It is important to notice how EACH of these is used in BOTH [/EACH] the Matthew 22:1-14 passage AND the Romans 8:28,30 verses

[note: the Matthew 22:1-14 passage is referring to the "guests [plural]" of "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" i.e. the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth; whereas the Romans 8 passage is referring to (that which pertains to) "the Church which is His body" (who is not "the guests [plural]"), so there's that distinction to be noted also--not that this makes much difference in how the words are used (re: call/invite in both/each passage)--the contexts themselves are distinct... and ALSO important to note how each word (2) is used within each of these two distinct contexts]… Many people provide an improper "application" (usage) of the phrase due to not considering these things... almost like a blanket threat...

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
If words written on paper are Holley then it stands to reason any one who reads them would become holley.
The fact is no words written on paper are holley.
Here comes the shocker. The Bible is not a Holley book. It is a book given to all of humanity that if read gives you , depending on the condition your heart , a better chance of conversation . However no matter how many times you read it you will find no relief unless you come knees bowed to the author Himself. After that you will find this book very useful in understanding what has happened to you and why.
Unfortunately most who are converted by the power of the Spirit emerge only to find untold numbers who lay in wait for your soul.
All of these confessing to have the correct knowledge of the written word.
All converts must understand ,if your conversation does not go beyond written words......find help form a Christian of many years( not some singer of words who makes you emotional ) . Pray for God to lead you in this endeavor ,and again I say........PRAY. I say this from experience. What He did for me he will do for you. God is very able to speak for Himself and more than willing to speak to you personally . Do not except a substitute . Settle only for what God brings to you personally . Once you have this relationship in your life you will find there is no longer any need for someone whispering in your ear about what has happened to you spiritually . From this point read the book for yourself.....you will be amazed how God can make words come alive. Now you have words that are Holley.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
If words written on paper are Holley then it stands to reason any one who reads them would become holley.
Here comes the shocker. The Bible is not a Holley book. It is a book given to all of humanity that if read gives you , depending on the condition your heart , a better chance of conversation . However no matter how many times you read it you will find no relief unless you come knees bowed to the author Himself. After that you will find this book very useful in understanding what has happened to you and why.
Unfortunately most who are converted by the power of the Spirit emerge only to find untold numbers who lay in wait for your soul.
All converts must understand ,if your conversation does not go beyond written words......find help form a Christian of many years( not some singer of words who makes you emotional ) . Pray for God to lead you in this endeavor ,and again I say........PRAY. I say this from experience. What He did for me he will do for you. God is very able to speak for Himself and more than willing to speak to you personally . Do not except a substitute . Settle only for what God brings to you personally . Once you have this relationship in your life you will find there is no longer any need for someone whispering in your ear about what has happened to you spiritually . From this point read the book for yourself.....you will be amazed how God can make words come alive. Now you have words that are Holley.
This is such an interesting post.... I agree and disagree both at the same time. The Word of God is alive and sharper than a two-edged sword dividing the bone and marrow. Yet with a simple conversation sharing my testimony God has not only let me plant and water but has used me as the one to bring in the increase. However I always share with people how they now need to grow in the Lord.... read the Bible and go to church.....

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Holy? Conversion?

Proof-reading your post would be helpful. :)

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
The entire Bible (all 66 books) are still Scripture. No Scripture has "passed away". However, for those who trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, the old covenant has passed away. Don't confuse the concepts. :)
What concepts passed away exactly? The mechanisms were replaced, once and for all, by Messiah's blood! But what concepts died?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What concepts passed away exactly? The mechanisms were replaced, once and for all, by Messiah's blood! But what concepts died?
Did I say that a concept died? No.

You used the phrase "passed away" in your OP. I echoed that phrase. Don't start replacing it with a different term and then claiming that I said something that I didn't.

I was making a distinction between Scripture and covenant as concepts or things. I wasn't making a point that the concept did anything. The Sinaitic covenant is no longer in force for Christians; it has, as you said, "passed away".

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
A Red X for the above statement? 😲

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Both OT and NT have passed away because of the traditions of our worthless godless whorish parents. So it is that their worthless godless whorish children have no belief and are infidels and fewer still that claim to believe actually read all of the Holy Scriptures, and fewer still that read the Holy Scriptures can even begin to understand them.

But alas many are called and few are chosen, Lord Jesus so told us that both believed, read, and understood. Let them die and go to hellfire with their Bibles that they do not believe, nor read, nor understand. We will live forever with the Lord God's living Word enscribed on our hearts, praise Jesus.
I see this cat has been banned. I’m not a medical doctor but my best guess is he’s schizophrenic. Just saying.