HOW ON EARTH AM I EVER GOING TO FIND A CHRISTIAN WOMAN TO MARRY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweetmorningdew78

Me or Isaac ? Haha.
I would say maybe because there was a girl in my life at 21, that now there is no one.
But I am happy with God's ways, because there is a time he build us up before getting back to relationship.
May the Lord bless you with the right person, this is my desire for everyone.
I was just trying to be funny with my post Eliyahfire 😅

Thank you ❤ God bless you the same ❤ and welcome to CC ❤

Dec 28, 2018
I was just trying to be funny with my post Eliyahfire 😅

Thank you ❤ God bless you the same ❤ and welcome to CC ❤
It was funny ,no worries, its just suddenly this remind me of this Isaac passage that shocked me a few years back.
Am happy to join this team and hear the heart of each.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Why is it soooo difficult to find a Godly Christian female????

One who's: never been married, is celibate, and ACTUALLY puts Jesus first???? And isn't hella old???? And is biblically orthodox in her theology???? And can hold her ground in a spiritual discussion???

I get lonely and discouraged and melancholy.

And then I remember...."all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose".

Even this loneliness, discouragement and melancholy. Thank you Lord!
Isn’t “hella old?”....

What are you, 12 years old or something?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Define "hella old" .... just for future reference.

*wonders if she's hella old yet *
I have no idea what constitutes this for other people but I have determined a few signs to watch for in my own life.

*When things I do for fun are too much trouble to bother with.

*When all new music is "just a bunch of noise."

*When I can no longer take stairs two at a time.

*When I no longer occasionally sprint across the parking lot to my car just because running sometimes is fun.

I'm a flat 40 years old and none of these things have happened yet, so I guess I haven't reached that level of old yet.

Dec 28, 2018
I have no idea what constitutes this for other people but I have determined a few signs to watch for in my own life.

*When things I do for fun are too much trouble to bother with.

*When all new music is "just a bunch of noise."

*When I can no longer take stairs two at a time.

*When I no longer occasionally sprint across the parking lot to my car just because running sometimes is fun.

I'm a flat 40 years old and none of these things have happened yet, so I guess I haven't reached that level of old yet.[/QUOTE

Nice talk Lynx and Welcome happy 40's. If the Bible shows that 40 is not old, through Moses, Isaac, Jacob. So 40 is a mature young one😉

R

RodB65

Selfdissolving...

Have you considered spending time at a well?
Isaac, Jacob, and Moses found their wives at a well. Maybe it could work for you too?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Selfdissolving...

Isaac, Jacob, and Moses found their wives at a well. Maybe it could work for you too?
We don’t have wells here, where I live.

Perhaps, that’s a good thing.

R

RodB65

Sometimes you gotta stand in the aisle where they sell water.

just sayin... ;)

Zaphk1

Dec 28, 2018
Perhaps there's room for grace to accept the flaws in another person? Remember when God laid a blanket of non-Kosher animals for Peter, Peter rejected them but God reminded him that what God has made clean, do not call unclean. I'm not saying lets chase after the crazy cat lady who has a world of problems but maybe look at the people God placed in front of you. She might be the girl who messed up and genuinely repents and continues to seek after God - her heart might be in the right place. After all, marriage brings two sinners at the foot of the cross.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/my-wife-has-tattoos-marriage-and-new-birth/

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Why is it soooo difficult to find a Godly Christian female????
Stop looking and just dedicate your life to ministry in your community and your surrounding churches. If you re to be married that is how you will meet her; for she will being doing the work also.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Selfdissolving...

Well shoot, if it worked for Rebekah...

Not only did offering to water those camels find her a husband, but he was the son of the richest and most prestigious man in all the land.

I say, why not take advantage of living in these times of supposed equal opportunity.

Therefore, I suggest offering to water some strange woman's cats (most especially if there are several), because you never know what might happen.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Water can be found anywhere. The reason water was used in that setting was because in that region it had to be drawn up from a well.

Offer the cats cheese. THAT will get their attention.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Water can be found anywhere. The reason water was used in that setting was because in that region it had to be drawn up from a well.

Offer the cats cheese. THAT will get their attention.
I hate to stir up your catnip, Sir Lynx, but, it's not the cat's attention that the OP is trying to get.

After all, the OP might want to save all that might he'd be spending on cheese for a nice dinner date with their owner instead.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I hate to stir up your catnip, Sir Lynx, but, it's not the cat's attention that the OP is trying to get.

After all, the OP might want to save all that might he'd be spending on cheese for a nice dinner date with their owner instead.
The woman in the Bible wasn't even trying to get ANYBODY'S attention. She was just being nice to the man with the thirsty camels.

I'm telling you, cheese would work great. Especially here in southwest Tennessee... you can get water ANYWHERE down here. There's streams and creeks and rivers all over the place. We have heard of drought, but that's something that happens in other places.

Go with cheese. It will work.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Before I offend too many people with my jokes...

I hate to keep mentioning this because so many people here already know this about me, but here goes.

When I was 25, my then-husband left me for a 19-year-old redhead that we both worked with. I came home one day from work and half the house was gone. He had moved out without any warning or hint, and a not long after that, I received papers in the mail with the headline, "You Are Being Sued For Divorce."

I have a bit of an idea of how hard it is to find a good Christian spouse, so I completely empathize with anyone who is looking and I have several crazy stories to tell about the dating world that I have often shared here in Singles.

I've also followed all the good Christian advice you will find people giving over and over again for 20 years, and God has yet to cross my path with a husband, but maybe it's His will, and I've been working on accepting that.

As a single, you just can't win. People will tell you to throw your life into serving the Lord, and that you'll meet someone along the way, but then when you try to tell them that you've done that and are still strugglinrag, they'll tell you that you shouldn't even talk about it, lest you boast about your good deeds and therefore lose your reward in heaven.

I participated in the things I did not because I was trying to find something to boast about, and not just because I was trying to meet a good Christian man. I threw myself into every ministry I could find--Children's Church, Tween Church, choir, cleaning, classes, prayer groups, Bible studies, outreaches, ministries that involved talking to veterans, and a ministry that found me talking to guys in their 30's who were serving life sentences for crimes such as shooting their parents as a teenager--because I was lost, broken, unspeakably lonely, and desperate to get "closer to God" as all the good Christian advice tells you to do.

I never found a husband (maybe still someday? I don't know--that's up to God.)

But what I did find is that God CAN change your focus, and change your heart, but it is often in ways you never would have thought of (or entered into willingly), and takes a whole lot longer than you ever expected.

But that is just me.

Humor is one way that I mask the pain of feeling the things I don't want to admit, lest I be stoned with more good Christian advice, such as the pain of feeling as if God has overlooked me, but yet handed spouses out to everyone else around me.

We are all on individual walks with our Lord--may He bless you with the comfort of His presence during yours. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The woman in the Bible wasn't even trying to get ANYBODY'S attention. She was just being nice to the man with the thirsty camels.

I'm telling you, cheese would work great. Especially here in southwest Tennessee... you can get water ANYWHERE down here. There's streams and creeks and rivers all over the place. We have heard of drought, but that's something that happens in other places.

Go with cheese. It will work.
But what if the poor cat is lactose-intolerant? :cry:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Cats, plural. And whoever heard of lactose intolerant cats?

Dec 28, 2018
Thank you for your testimony.. really touching .. I have waited 10years since my conversion,focused on ministry till becoming full time for the Lord, I have understood to surrender to God for what he has for me.