How should i tell him.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
I have prayful made the decision to leave my current church. They have a few different biblical views they I do, and I feel more fed and led to the current church i am now calling my home church. At first i just left and didnt tell my pastor I was leaving. I didnt have the heart to tell him. But I have prayed and feel very strongly that I need to let him know as to why i have left. I have been told he has wondered and ask the congregation if they knew why. However im still afraid to tell him in person. So i was wondering if writing him a letter would be ok? Maybe its cowderly but im too afriad to approach him.
 
I have prayful made the decision to leave my current church. They have a few different biblical views they I do, and I feel more fed and led to the current church i am now calling my home church. At first i just left and didnt tell my pastor I was leaving. I didnt have the heart to tell him. But I have prayed and feel very strongly that I need to let him know as to why i have left. I have been told he has wondered and ask the congregation if they knew why. However im still afraid to tell him in person. So i was wondering if writing him a letter would be ok? Maybe its cowderly but im too afriad to approach him.

In my opinion you should go to him face to face in love the way Jesus came to us. Tell him why with points that he can see your point of view on things. Dont be afraid to approach him :) Theres much worse than approaching a pastor when your leaving the church :) God bless you and I will pray for you :)
 
Letters are often misunderstood....Will you go into detail what you disagree with or just tell him you decided to attend a new church?
 
Writing is letter is more than acceptable. You really don't owe your current church any explanation about why you are being led to leave. A letter is actually a better way to explain your position without the pressure of a face to face meeting.
 
I have prayful made the decision to leave my current church. They have a few different biblical views they I do, and I feel more fed and led to the current church i am now calling my home church. At first i just left and didnt tell my pastor I was leaving. I didnt have the heart to tell him. But I have prayed and feel very strongly that I need to let him know as to why i have left. I have been told he has wondered and ask the congregation if they knew why. However im still afraid to tell him in person. So i was wondering if writing him a letter would be ok? Maybe its cowderly but im too afriad to approach him.
If you don’t agree with what your church teaches, you can tell them so – stand up for what you believe. If you’d rather, you can find another church. (No church is perfect, however.) If you find another church, you can tell the old church why you left, or not tell them why you left – it’s up to you. There’s nothing wrong with writing them a letter, as far as I know. A problem with writing a letter is you can’t be 100% sure the letter gets delivered, though most letters do get delivered.