How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
hell is evil god says the day of the lord is evil
Is the word for evil the same without a systematic range of meaning? God created hell for the devil and his angels the devil is evil so God is only allowing the devil to reap what the devil has sown. God has created evil for the devil that even the devil will regret.

Aug 20, 2021
Is the word for evil the same without a systematic range of meaning? God created hell for the devil and his angels the devil is evil so God is only allowing the devil to reap what the devil has sown. God has created evil for the devil that even the devil will regret.
Just take his life no reason 2 torment him in front of the angles.I don't think the angles want 2 see that.That's a lose & a worse lose.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Just take his life no reason 2 torment him in front of the angles.I don't think the angles want 2 see that.That's a lose & a worse lose.
lol, now we tell God what to do in HIS according to our righteousness? I'm sure you are kidding LOL.

Aug 20, 2021
Pronunciation
rah = ra

absolute state masculine plural intensive noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From רָעַע (H7489)

KJV Translation Count — Total: 663x
The KJV translates Strong's H7451 in the following manner: evil (442x), wickedness (59x), wicked (25x), mischief (21x), hurt (20x), bad (13x), trouble (10x), sore (9x), affliction (6x), ill (5x), adversity (4x), ill favoured (3x), harm (3x), naught (3x), noisome (2x), grievous (2x), sad (2x), miscellaneous (34x).

CS1

May 23, 2012
Pronunciation
rah = ra

absolute state masculine plural intensive noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From רָעַע (H7489)

KJV Translation Count — Total: 663x
The KJV translates Strong's H7451 in the following manner: evil (442x), wickedness (59x), wicked (25x), mischief (21x), hurt (20x), bad (13x), trouble (10x), sore (9x), affliction (6x), ill (5x), adversity (4x), ill favoured (3x), harm (3x), naught (3x), noisome (2x), grievous (2x), sad (2x), miscellaneous (34x).
please provide the context in which it was used? chapter and verse, please.

: Strong's H7451 Noun
  1. bad, disagreeable, malignant
  2. bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery)
  3. evil, displeasing
context of Genesis 2:9 speaking of the Tree of Good and evil.

Strong's H7489 Verb
to be bad, be evil

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
My understanding of what chapter 1 is conveying (2Th1) involves the following points (I've made in the past):

--in Scripture, wherever the phrases "the Day of the Lord" and "IN THAT DAY" are used in the same contexts [close proximity], they refer to the SAME TIME PERIOD; so BOTH of these two chapters is the CONTEXT, and in which these same two phrases are used (referring to the SAME future TIME-PERIOD [i.e. the [7] TRIB YRS])

--chpt 2 is Paul explaining about "the day of the Lord" that the false conveyors purport "IS ALREADY HERE / IS PRESENT [perfect indicative]" and him telling WHY it's not so;

--chpt 1 uses the phrase "IN THAT DAY" ("among all those having believed, because 'the testimony of us to you' was believed IN THAT DAY"--this is not referring to the Thessalonians THEMSELVES and what THEY came to believe, prior to this writing)
I am not sure what you are saying friend

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The author of 1 Thessalonians is the SAME author of 2 Thessalonians - go figure....

Paul laid the ground work in 1 Thessalonians for the undisputed factual ORDER of our Lord's Coming and our being gathered together/up to Him - "by the word of the Lord"

2 Thessalonians 2 is not a redo/correction of 1 Thessalonians.

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to be easily disconcerted or alarmed by any spirit or message or letter seeming to be from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has already come. Let no one deceive you in any way, for it will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness—the son of destruction—is revealed. He will oppose and exalt himself above every so-called god or object of worship. So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 2 Thess 2

Interesting COINCIDENCE - that 1 Thessalonians ch 4 and 2 Thessalonians ch 2 are exactly mentioned in Revelation!!!!!

WOW - what a coincidence!
What you highlighted is a good proof that the virus shots are not the mark of the beast.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
It's the Biggest False Doctrine since the idealism behind Adam with 2 women [Lilith] was re-surged!
It's as equal to the current Movement of Hebraic Roots!
please explain your post I do not get it.

Aug 20, 2021
please provide the context in which it was used? chapter and verse, please.

: Strong's H7451 Noun
  1. bad, disagreeable, malignant
  2. bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery)
  3. evil, displeasing
context of Genesis 2:9 speaking of the Tree of Good and evil.

Strong's H7489 Verb
to be bad, be evil
Isa 45:7 [CS1]
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
led by the Holy Spirit...the Holy Spirit is actively guiding
We are in agreement here. I am not arguing against the fact that the Holy Spirit speaks and leads today. What I said was that you were misquoting a verse (Heb 1:2) and using it out of context.

we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
Absolutely. But this does say that God's commandments are burdensome.

Aug 20, 2021
No - you added this - "ARRIVES like the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" (the very ones JESUS SPOKE OF!, and NOT as being at the END point, see).. "

You keep making the error of "adding to and taking away" from Scripture which is really really BAD to do, brother.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar. Proverbs 30: 5-6

How is that you do not see 'every word of God as flawless' and you seek to help Him out............
some of his words r not his words just like some jews r not jews ...One bible had tho shall commit adultery if we put "not" in there r we adding?

Jun 9, 2021
please explain your post I do not get it.
The Doctrine of Pre-Trib Rapture is False and it equals to other False Idealism's like Adam with 2 women or this recent Version of Hebraic Roots. Few years ago, African American peoples were claiming to be of the Lost Tribes of Israel. There's been a lot of interesting ideas since Darby's notes...

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
I make peace, and create evil
even the wicked 4 the day of judgement.
"evil" is a bad translation of that verse". A more consistent translation is "calamity". You need more than one verse to identify a Biblical doctrine so that every matter is confirmed by two or more witnesses.

Aug 20, 2021
"evil" is a bad translation of that verse". A more consistent translation is "calamity". You need more than one verse to identify a Biblical doctrine so that every matter is confirmed by two or more witnesses.
the day of the lord is a day of calamity?evil

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The Didache is not inspired. I translated it in 2nd year Biblical Greek. Some things directly quote the Bible, others paraphrase, as this does in many places, and other things are not Biblical.

The passages we did in my class, had an interesting part about evangelists. They were not supposed to stay in town for more than 3 days, not be given a bed or food. Too bad the prosperity preachers don't have to obey that! Lol

However, you are right about it showing something similar to what the Bible says. But, no date given for when the return could come, although a sense of urgency. When people in the 1st or 2nd century AD get urgent about the Second Coming, that sure points to how wrong they were, doesn't it?
I used it as a historical source of how the early Christians understood the topic. Something does not need to be inspired to testify what people believed back then.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Are you saying God created sin or disobedience? or are you saying he created disasters? I know the answer from the Hebrew. I just want to understand what you mean. thanks daniel

Jun 9, 2021
Angela53510 said:
The Didache is not inspired. I translated it in 2nd year Biblical Greek. Some things directly quote the Bible, others paraphrase, as this does in many places, and other things are not Biblical.

AMEN!

Aug 20, 2021
Angela53510 said:

AMEN!
so does some mormen books more then a 3rd i think.