How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
Hi!!

This is why Harpazo/ snatched / caught up....He (The Christ) calls those who are His to Him,up to Him in the air....
Those who are His have no choice in the matter.......like it or not.....
--------
And I will ask you.....
Do you believe The Father would let His Son's body go thorough a
"Great Tribulation", again ?

God Bless!!
Please review: John 16:31-33, Romans 8:35, 12:12, Acts 14:21-22, James 5:7-12,
Revelation 1:9 , 2:9-10, 6:9-11 , 7:9-14 , 14:9-13 , 20:4-6

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
DW---you seem to have a great need to be right---even at the risk of making no sense whatsoever. Based on scripture Elijah in fact, wrote the wrote the letter years later.

2Chr. 21:4 Now when Jehoram had taken over the kingdom of his father and made himself secure, he killed all his brothers with the sword, and some of the rulers of Israel also.
2Chr. 21:12 Then a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet saying, “Thus says the Lord God of your father David, ‘Because you have not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father and the ways of Asa king of Judah,
2Chr. 21:13 but have walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and have caused Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to play the harlot as the house of Ahab played the harlot, and you have also killed your brothers, your own family, who were better than you,
2Chr. 21:14 behold, the Lord is going to strike your people, your sons, your wives and all your possessions with a great calamity;
Notice that Elijah sent a letter to Jehoram, who is the son of Jehoshaphat of Judah. If Elijah sent a letter to Jehoshaphat’s successor, Jehoram, then it appears Elijah was alive even after Jehoshaphat’s reign, which contradicts the conclusion that Elijah was removed before Jehoshaphat’s rule.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
The Bible reveals a Pre-Tribulation Rapture ever since Enoch was translated before the Flood. The only false doctrine is (a) claiming that there is no Pre-Tribulation Rapture and (b) making Christ a liar.
Note too, N6, that this poses a HUGE problem for God's plan of salvation.

"Had it been possible for the Father to permit sinful men (like Enoch or Elijah) to enter His presence in bodily form before Christ’s death and resurrection, then the Father would have had no need for Christ to die on the cross! If the Father possessed another way to resurrect sinful men before Christ’s resurrection, then He would have had no reason to sacrifice His Son to make resurrection possible. Clearly, Christ’s death and resurrection were the only way to reconcile men to the Father, which precludes any possibility that Enoch or Elijah could be resurrected before Christ’s death and resurrection."

https://www.versebyverseministry.org/bible-answers/where-did-god-take-elijah-and-when-did-it-happen

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
144,000 Israelites? Pray tell where is THAT in scripture? :unsure:
I stand corrected--I was thinking only of the verse of the 144,000 sealed, but I looked it up and see there is another verse that says 144,000 from the Tribe if Israel--my apologies.

Nov 17, 2017
Hello!
Did you read them that fast???
Yes, no not fast, familiar with Scripture.
I clearly understand the point you are trying to make.....
Tribulation is not the Great Tribulation.....facts...

Be honest......Do you take time out to read what other's posts?

God Bless!

Aug 2, 2021
Hello!

Yes, no not fast, familiar with Scripture.
I clearly understand the point you are trying to make.....
Tribulation is not the Great Tribulation.....facts...

Be honest......Do you take time out to read what other's posts?

God Bless!
After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb!”
11And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. And they fell facedown before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

13Then one of the elders addressed me: “These in white robes,” he asked, “who are they, and where have they come from?”

14“Sir,” I answered, “you know.”

So he replied, “These are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Couldn't be any more CLEAR

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
<<<It's ALL written to the church for the church>>>

Oh I think you definitely need to broaden that self-imposed constraint.

There is no doubt that Revelation is written for OTHER servants as well. Those servants who are YET TO BE elect for duty DURING the 70th. Week. Like for example the 144,000 Israelites....and undoubtedly tribulation saints as well (they have a testimony) to bolster their faith and resolve. In fact I am convinced that this is exactly what this verse intends to convey....

Rev 22:6 - And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
I stand corrected--I was thinking only of the verse of the 144,000 sealed, but I looked it up and see there is another verse that says 144,000 from the Tribe if Israel--my apologies.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
@Laura798 's Post #2060,

I'm not the only one to see it this way...

[from that post I linked]

[quoting Gaebelein - 2Chron21; taken from BibleHub]

"3. Decline and Apostasy under Jehoram, Ahaziah and Athaliah
CHAPTER 21 The Reign of Jehoram
[...]
"The writing which came to Jehoram from the prophet Elijah is interesting and presents some difficulties. Elijah had been translated a number of years before. To solve the difficulty some say that the name Elijah should be Elisha, who was then living and ministering in connection with Samaria. There is no need of doing this. It does not say that Elijah sent that writing, but it says:
“There came a writing from Elijah the prophet.”
Elijah knew Jehoshaphat and he knew his son Jehoram, who was for several years the co-regent of his father. The Lord showed him beforehand the evil course Jehoram would take, and how he would follow the wicked ways of Ahab, Elijah knew so well. Then he received the message exposing the wickedness of Jehoram, “like to the whoredoms of Ahab,” and announcing the judgment to come upon Jehoram. This message was probably intrusted by Elijah to Elisha, and when the proper moment had come this man of God delivered the writing to Jehoram, telling him at the same time that it was from Elijah."

[end quoting Gaebelein]

(... and like I said, Paul refers to a similar thing FOLLOWING "our Rapture"...)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
GotQuestions also shows this same reasoning, where it starts with the words "Another possibility..." :

How did Elijah send a letter to King Jehoram, if Elijah had already been taken to heaven? | GotQuestions.org

[quoting from GotQuestions]

"Another possibility is that Elijah wrote the letter to Jehoram before his departure to heaven and left it for Elisha or someone else to deliver. Elijah was a prophet, after all. God could easily have given him the words to write ahead of time.

"Another possibility is that, before his translation to heaven, Elijah told Elisha what Jehoram would do and what God’s judgment would be. When the time came, Elisha wrote out Elijah’s prophecy and delivered it to King Jehoram."

[end quoting]

Paul does the same kind of thing when he writes about things which will take place FOLLOWING "our Rapture" (our / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY's Rapture)... example: 2Th2:10-12

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul does the same kind of thing when he writes about things which will take place FOLLOWING "our Rapture" (our / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY's Rapture)... one example: 2Th2:10-12 "...God shall SEND TO THEM great delusion, that THEY should BELIEVE the LIE / the FALSE / the PSEUDEI"

(where Paul is CONTRASTING, in these 2 chpts, the TWO distinct "beliefs" ppl WILL BE coming to IN / DURING THAT FUTURE TIME-PERIOD [aka the 7-yr trib--"the DOTL" chpt2 / "IN THAT DAY" chpt 1--same FUTURE time-period])

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
@Laura798 's Post #2060,

I'm not the only one to see it this way...

[from that post I linked]

[quoting Gaebelein - 2Chron21; taken from BibleHub]

"3. Decline and Apostasy under Jehoram, Ahaziah and Athaliah
CHAPTER 21 The Reign of Jehoram
[...]
"The writing which came to Jehoram from the prophet Elijah is interesting and presents some difficulties. Elijah had been translated a number of years before. To solve the difficulty some say that the name Elijah should be Elisha, who was then living and ministering in connection with Samaria. There is no need of doing this. It does not say that Elijah sent that writing, but it says:
“There came a writing from Elijah the prophet.”
Elijah knew Jehoshaphat and he knew his son Jehoram, who was for several years the co-regent of his father. The Lord showed him beforehand the evil course Jehoram would take, and how he would follow the wicked ways of Ahab, Elijah knew so well. Then he received the message exposing the wickedness of Jehoram, “like to the whoredoms of Ahab,” and announcing the judgment to come upon Jehoram. This message was probably intrusted by Elijah to Elisha, and when the proper moment had come this man of God delivered the writing to Jehoram, telling him at the same time that it was from Elijah."

[end quoting Gaebelein]

(... and like I said, Paul refers to a similar thing FOLLOWING "our Rapture"...)
Dear DW, they are twisting what is said to fit their notion that Elijah went directly to heaven--however this poses serious problems, namely again that Jesus said "NO ONE has ascended to heaven. " Also please see my post about Salvation--namely that if a person could go to heaven directly, then there would be no reason for Christ to die.

Recall that they went out to look for him, thinking he was in the nearby local--they did not think the chariot had taken him to heaven. He was dropped off somewhere, but we don't know where--it was some distance as he writes the letter instead of seeing the king face to face.

Aug 2, 2021
Paul does the same kind of thing when he writes about things which will take place FOLLOWING "our Rapture" (our / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY's Rapture)... one example: 2Th2:10-12 "...God shall SEND TO THEM great delusion, that THEY should BELIEVE the LIE / the FALSE / the PSEUDEI"

(where Paul is CONTRASTING, in these 2 chpts, the TWO distinct "beliefs" ppl WILL be coming to IN THAT FUTURE TIME-PERIOD [aka the 7-yr trib])
This is not following the rapture = "adding to and taking away from God's words."

The "falling away" and the "man of sin" occur BEFORE the Coming Christ and our gathering together to Him.

The Apostle Paul said this TWICE = 2 Thess 2:1-4 and 1 Timothy 4:1

i warn you, by the Holy Spirit and the WORD of GOD - stop adding your words on top of God's words

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, 1 Timothy 4:1

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of - 2 Thess 2

Second WITNESS: the Apostle John - 1 John 2:18

Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Third WITNESS: the LORD JESUS CHRIST - John 16:1 and Matt 24:10

"All this I have told you so that you will not fall away."

"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,"

When you twist Scripture for your own desire, you become a false witness

Turn away from this sin, before you stand and are judged for it.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
This is why Harpazo/ snatched / caught up....He (The Christ) calls those who are His to Him,up to Him in the air....
Those who are His have no choice in the matter.......like it or not.....
Agreed! (y)

["pre-tribbers" (like myself) are not saying "Christians / believers / saints [i.e. members of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"]" won't be aware of the "IN SHOUT"... the "IN VOICE OF ARCHANGEL"... "IN TRUMPET OF GOD" at the time we're caught up! - https://biblehub.com/text/1_thessalonians/4-16.htm ;
But for the "great delusion" which He "shall SEND" which takes place FOLLOWING "our Rapture," to come into play and have its effects, I see these items (I underlined) as being heard and understood ONLY by the believers (being "raptured")]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The Apostle Paul said this TWICE = 2 Thess 2:1-4 and 1 Timothy 4:1

i warn you, by the Holy Spirit and the WORD of GOD - stop adding your words on top of God's words

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, 1 Timothy 4:1
Paul wrote the above verse toward the end of his life and ministry... and I have NEVER stated that THIS ^ is what takes place after our Rapture. No.

But note, "DEPART [VERB] from THE faith" (where "THE faith" refers to "that body of truth" recorded in Scripture following His "death / resurrection / ascension / exaltation")... does not mean the person's or persons' own "faith / trust / belief" (as though they've "ceased believing" or something. NO. Not what this text refers to.)

Consider what that ^ means, then. ;)

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of - 2 Thess 2
The time period referred to in the immediately preceding verse (v.2 "the DOTL" time period of JUDGMENTS UNFOLDING) will not be present "unless shall have come THE DEPARTURE [NOUN--like v.1's NOUN] *FIRST*..." (note: ONE THING *FIRST*... not TWO THINGS *FIRST*).

This passage explains itself... when one grasps WHAT "the DOTL" is and when [and IN WHAT MANNER] Paul had stated it "ARRIVES" (1Th5:1-3), because JESUS HIMSELF had already SPOKEN on that VERY ISSUE in His Olivet Discourse, and He did NOT say those "birth PANGS" ARRIVE at the END of the Trib as several of you mistakenly believe to be the case.

Consider also that Paul had NOT YET referred to what he later did in 1Tim4:1... but in nearly EVERY CHAPTER of his letters to the Thessalonians he refers in some way or other (in VARIOUS terms and phrases) TO OUR RAPTURE EVENT!

(the primary Subject he's covering in these two letters is an "eschatological salvation")

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Agreed! (y)

["pre-tribbers" (like myself) are not saying "Christians / believers / saints [i.e. members of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"]" won't be aware of the "IN SHOUT"... the "IN VOICE OF ARCHANGEL"... "IN TRUMPET OF GOD" at the time we're caught up! - https://biblehub.com/text/1_thessalonians/4-16.htm ;
But for the "great delusion" which He "shall SEND" which takes place FOLLOWING "our Rapture," to come into play and have its effects, I see these items (I underlined) as being heard and understood ONLY by the believers (being "raptured")]
I have to say there is a big piece you're missing that is in plain site--once Christ come the door is shut--there is no opportunity for salvation after his Second Coming. and the heavens and earth and the wicked are DESTROYED immediately after His Return.

I have difficulty understanding how the symbols in Revelation can be taken literally. The millenial reign can't happen after Christ returns as there will be no more opporutnity for repentance--it is appointed for man once to die and then the judgemnt--AlL will be raised at his return--those to everlasting life those to everlasting destruction.

Symbolism of the Number 1000

The number one thousand (1,000) symbolizes “immensity,” “fullness of quantity” or “multitude.” The number evokes a very long time according to most Bible passages. It is often used in scripture to specify an indefinite quantity. Many early Church fathers saw in the number 1,000, “the totality of the generations and the perfection of the life.” The number sometimes is used in a reference to paradise and everlasting happiness.

Christ is ruling and reigning now. He is our King and we spiritually are ruling and reigning with him NOW. On his return he hands over the kingdom to God--how can he hand over the kingdom if he is not now currently reigning?
"
The Order of Resurrection
…23But each in his own turn: Christ the firstfruits; then at His coming, those who belong to Him. 24Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.…"--1st Corinithians 23-25

Nov 17, 2017
Hi again!

14“Sir,” I answered, “you know.”
So he replied, “These are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Couldn't be any more CLEAR
You repeat, ill repeat:

1Thess 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Thess 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1Thess 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Couldn't be any more CLEAR....

And I will ask you.....
Do you believe The Father would let His Son's "body" go thorough a
"Great Tribulation", again ?

Yea or nay?

God Bless!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Aug 2, 2021
Paul wrote the above verse toward the end of his life and ministry... and I have NEVER stated that THIS ^ is what takes place after our Rapture. No.

But note, "DEPART [VERB] from THE faith" (where "THE faith" refers to "that body of truth" recorded in Scripture following His "death / resurrection / ascension / exaltation")... does not mean the person's or persons' own "faith / trust / belief" (as though they've "ceased believing" or something. NO. Not what this text refers to.)

Consider what that ^ means, then. ;)

The time period referred to in the immediately preceding verse (v.2 "the DOTL" time period of JUDGMENTS UNFOLDING) will not be present "unless shall have come THE DEPARTURE [NOUN--like v.1's NOUN] *FIRST*..." (note: ONE THING *FIRST*... not TWO THINGS *FIRST*).

This passage explains itself... when one grasps WHAT "the DOTL" is and when [and IN WHAT MANNER] Paul had stated it "ARRIVES" (1Th5:1-3), because JESUS HIMSELF had already SPOKEN on that VERY ISSUE in His Olivet Discourse, and He did NOT say those "birth PANGS" ARRIVE at the END of the Trib as several of you mistakenly believe to be the case.
You have decided, on your own accord, apart from God, to add to His words and take away from them.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 and 1 Timothy 4:1 and 1 John 2:18 and Matthew 24:10 all speak of the SAME and bare WITNESS against you.

If you wish to continue as such you will reap what you have sown.

i and others have born witness to the Truth which you changed for your desire.

Let it be known you have been warned and prayed for, that you may recover from this error.

It is to your advantage you to no longer go down this path of placing your words on top of God's words,
as you proclaim that 2 Thessaolians 2 = "the falling away" is the rapture.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST and the Apostle Paul and the Apostle John correct your error.