How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
AMEN - for that Day will not come until
...and you are thinking "that day" (v.3a refering to v.2b's content of the False Claimants') is speaking of Christ's Second Coming / Return to the earth... that Paul was warning the Thessalonians not to be convinced by anyone telling them "that [what you suggest] IS PRESENT / IS ALREADY HERE [PERFECT indicative]"... which I'm saying I disagree that's what "that Day" speaks of in this text / context (in vv.3a,2b).

[1Th5:1-3 had Paul already acknowledging the Thessalonians "KNOW PERFECTLY" the MANNER of the arrival of "the DOTL"... that it will be "exactly like [G5618]" the initial "birth PANG [singular]" that comes upon a woman... which is precisely what Jesus had spoken of in His Olivet Discourse, referring to a time period that will unfold upon the earth LEADING UP TO His Return... rather than its referring merely to the "singular 24-hr day" of His Return; so I remain unconvinced of *your* viewpoint that suggests "that Day" (v.3a,v.2b) refers to the "singular 24-hr day" of Christ's Return to the earth (Rev19). It doesn't.]

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
WHY? Just check your heart in at the DOOR before you Enter Scripture.

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. = PEACE & UNDERSTANDING & PROTECTION

Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar. = error , misconceptions , religion
That's a great sermon, David! Do you ever pay attention to your own messages?

Aug 2, 2021
...and you are thinking "that day" (v.3 refering to v.2's content of the False Claimants) is speaking of Christ's Second Coming / Return to the earth... that Paul was warning the Thessalonians not to be convinced by anyone telling them "that [what you suggest] IS PRESENT / IS ALREADY HERE [PERFECT indicative]"... which I'm saying I disagree that's what "that Day" speaks of in this text / context.

[1Th5:1-3 had Paul already acknowledging the Thessalonians "KNOW PERFECTLY" the MANNER of the arrival of "the DOTL"... that it will be "exactly like [G5618]" the initial "birth PANG [singular]" that comes upon a woman... which is precisely what Jesus had spoken of in His Olivet Discourse, referring to a time period that will unfold upon the earth LEADING UP TO His Return... rather than its referring merely to the "singular 24-hr day" of His Return; so I remain unconvinced of *your* viewpoint that suggests "that Day" (v.3,v.2b) refers to the "singular 24-hr day" of Christ's Return to the earth (Rev19). It doesn't.]
Whenever you are near my area (North NJ) let me know and let's spend some time together over a bite to eat at Panera Bread = my treat.

Peace and Good Morning Brother

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
Show me the verse you use in the book to point to a postrib rapture.

No evading
No dodge

Just post a verse.
They don't have to, it's what they say, not what they can produce! They have a message from God, that's all you need to know!

Nov 17, 2017
You don't think it's possible that when the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way He takes His own with Him (the Church). Being that He dwells inside those believers.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Looking at a few words....

he may abideG3306
G3306
μένω
menō
Thayer Definition:
1) to remain, abide
1a) in reference to place
1a1) to sojourn, tarry
1a2) not to depart
1a2a) to continue to be present
1a2b) to be held, kept, continually
1b) in reference to time
1b1) to continue to be, not to perish, to last, endure
1b1a) of persons, to survive, live
1c) in reference to state or condition
1c1) to remain as one, not to become another or different
2) to wait for, await one
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a root word

God Bless!

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
They don't have to, it's what they say, not what they can produce! They have a message from God, that's all you need to know!
Read my posts. Are they filled with scripture? Please don’t lie.

Aug 2, 2021
That's a great sermon, David! Do you ever pay attention to your own messages?
I invited some Brethren on here who are not fond of my timely reminder to Deut 4:1-2, Prov 30:5-6 , Rev 22:18-19

to Breakfast at Panera Bread - my treat - you are joyfully welcome

Jul 23, 2018
Read my posts. Are they filled with scripture? Please don’t lie.
Here are your postrib rapture verses
Mk 13:24
2 thes2...1>>>>>>15
Revalation's "innumerable number."
The trumpet verses
Mat 24 " after the trib...."

None are depicting IN MY OPINION ...a postrib rapture.

Pick one and prove me wrong.

No dodge
No evasion.
Pick one that i had to research.

Where are you seeing a postrib rapture.?

But at least now you guys know where you get your beliefs from.

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
Show me the verse you use in the book to point to a postrib rapture.

No evading
No dodge

Just post a verse.
I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

It will take less time than a wink of an eye to transform all of the physical or natural bodies on this planet into spiritual bodies. It is immediate. This transformation will occur "at the last trump," or when there are no more trumps, according to Paul. That trumpet is identified as the seventh trumpet, and we know that this is the exact moment when Jesus Christ returns to earth to establish His Millennium government right here on earth. We're talking about God's trumpets here, and Satan returns to earth in person on the sixth trumpet to deceive the entire world.

So if you're waiting for the rapture, you'll be raptured by someone other than Jesus Christ, because He will be coming to earth to establish His kingdom.

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
Here are your postrib rapture verses
Mk 13:24
2 thes2...1>>>>>>15
Revalation's "innumerable number."
The trumpet verses
Mat 24 " after the trib...."

None are depicting IN MY OPINION ...a postrib rapture.

Pick one and prove me wrong.

No dodge
No evasion.
Pick one that i had to research.

Where are you seeing a postrib rapture.?

But at least now you guys know where you get your beliefs from.
I guess I’m not seeing a rapture of any kind. I’m only seeing a Second Coming of my Lord at the 7th Trump. The word rapture is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Jul 23, 2018
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. -Revelation 3:10-13 (KJV)

Does this imply that the church is about to fly away and vanish? No. It means that those who have the seal of God in their foreheads and have abided in His Word, having unlocked all the Scriptures with the key of David, will not only not be tempted by Satan, but Christ also tells Satan not to touch a single hair on their heads. It is written. We Christian "bruisers" will be right here, with our feet firmly planted on the ground, marching around in full gospel armor and looking forward to the crown that awaits us. And the overcomers of the Philadelphia church will be given a new name because a wedding is about to take place, and the bride is always given a new name (the name of her husband, read verse 12 carefully).
"""Does this imply that the church is about to fly away and vanish? No. It means that those who have the seal of God in their forehead..."
Nope
Only the 144k get sealed in their forehead.

""", but Christ also tells Satan not to touch a single hair on their heads"""
Uh...all but John died violent brutal deaths...were killed by satan.

On top of that the ac is EMPOWERED to kill christians.
The chuch age ends pretrib at the rapture.
That is how the ac martyrs ALL REFUSING THE MARK.

ALL believers die in the trib.

Rev 14 is the last group gathered and they are Jews. That is about mid trib.