How to be close to God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I feel I need to be closer to god but I feel I have to have a lot of pain to do that. Pray I am able to find a way to be close to God.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
How encouraging that you want to draw near. I fully believe He is calling to you. Pain and suffering are a part of life, Christian or not. The difference is with Him we have the mighty healer and comforter to draw near to in times of struggle. He will transform you through them as well. We must, and I put emphasis on this, TRUST HIM. I will pray for you and I am so sorry that you are hurting. I too, like all humans, know deep heartaches, struggle and loss, but by His stripes we are healed. I take great comfort under His wings. Charles Spurgeon has a quote that I have so appreciated...I have learned to kiss the waves that threw me against the Rock of Ages. Screenshot_20190424-102531_Google.jpg FB_IMG_1556057010076.jpg

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
How encouraging that you want to draw near. I fully believe He is calling to you. Pain and suffering are a part of life, Christian or not. The difference is with Him we have the mighty healer and comforter to draw near to in times of struggle. He will transform you through them as well. We must, and I put emphasis on this, TRUST HIM. I will pray for you and I am so sorry that you are hurting. I too, like all humans, know deep heartaches, struggle and loss, but by His stripes we are healed. I take great comfort under His wings. Charles Spurgeon has a quote that I have so appreciated...I have learned to kiss the waves that threw me against the Rock of Ages. View attachment 197779 View attachment 197778
I feel very empty inside even if I listen to Christian music and think about God. I pray for a bit but feel very empty still. Like the empty feeling is fixed for a bit if I have pain.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray keep umzza, close to you so that she feels your grace and love. Lord bless this prayer and umzza, in Jesus precious name, Amen!

Ann10

Oct 18, 2017
You could spend some time listening to worship music and singing. I find that it helps me feel closer to God. I also like to get outside and appreciate God's creation.

Caduceus

Apr 10, 2013
Perhaps you are mistaken about something and making yourself more distant from God. Try praying he show you his will and accept it.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Maybe your dopamine or serotonin isn't being secreted properly, or maybe just a vit D or other deficiencies. I do know that maybe you need to spend more time in the word, or pray while you listen and worship. God is so much more than feelings. I understand wanting to "feel" His presence. I really do. There are seasons when He seems further away. First, you must believe He is living within, trusting with all your heart, regardless if you feel Him or not. Second make sure you are taking precious care of you. Maybe you could go talk to a doctor and your pastor. Hugs and prayers.
Idk I don't want to start taking medicine. I took some stuff for a while but I think it just made me more moody. I don't go to church but I watch stuff online. I tried talking to people but it doesn't work out. Like I don't want to go to church if I can't be successful with making friends and like real relationships with people, not just talking about how life is.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Idk I don't want to start taking medicine. I took some stuff for a while but I think it just made me more moody. I don't go to church but I watch stuff online. I tried talking to people but it doesn't work out. Like I don't want to go to church if I can't be successful with making friends and like real relationships with people, not just talking about how life is.
I am getting more vitamin D though because it's spring so getting more sun

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Perhaps you are mistaken about something and making yourself more distant from God. Try praying he show you his will and accept it.
Idk I'm not really sure.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Whole heart ed ly

During salvation
When we try to pray wholeheartedly and say "wholeheartedly" we also sense a void in ourselves like a bottomless pit, it's so hollow and infinite

Yet, Hebrews 7:25 - save to the utmost

Utmost!

G

GtrPkr

Rest assured umzza, the fact that you're here with such a request is proof that the Spirit is at work in you! God whispers.... Be still and listen :)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
@umzza, can I encourage you to read my testimony and be inspired?

After you read it,
Feel free to ask me whatever questions you may have

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying that God will renew your relationship, draw you closer to Himself and encourage you in a powerful way. Grace and peace to you, Umzza.