How to Break up of a 10 year relationship?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
You want to do what God thinks is right?

This whole time God's been showing you you're not with the person he has planned for you.

Stop wasting your time.

The one God has for you isn't that one that now makes you feel like this.

If you're strong enough to stay, You're strong enough to leave.

Aug 4, 2021
God is Love. If a definition of love goes against God, and His advice and commands, it is not love, for it does not originate from pure selfless love which God alone has. He loves us enough to say NO when what we think we ""love"" isn't good for us.

Love should be to God first and others second. God shows us clearly in scripture, both OT and NT, His will regarding marriage between believers and unbelievers.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

IS MARRIAGE NOT THE ULTIMATE PARTNERSHIP?

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

Deuteronomy 7:3-4
You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.

1 Corinthians 7:39
A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

ONLY IN THE LORD, OR AS OTHER VERSIONS CLEARLY PUT IT ONLY FROM AMONGST THE LORDS PEOPLE.

2 Corinthians 6:15
What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

2 Corinthians 6:14-15
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

James 4:4
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

(IS MARRIAGE NOT THE CLOSEST OF FRIENDSHIPS AND CERTAINLY MORE INTIMATE AND CLOSE A RELATIONSHIP THAN ANY OTHER!)

1 Corinthians 9:5
Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?

(IE. NO RIGHT TO TAKE AN UNBELIEVING SPOUSE.)

There is no call for a believer to leave an unbeliever wondering what to do n a situation where one way goes against the will of God and the other does not. Yes of course it is her decision, but the word of God is her and our judge, this is not a matter of judgement but or making clear when one has asked. for advice, what the best biblical advice is, as this is a biblical site and the question was asked by one wanting to serve and obey God.

Hence telling the op what the word of God says rather than our opinions, for God IS her judge and He said it.
She asked us for our opinion, so we gave her that. I will read corinthians and James in the coming days and see what it says more clearly. I am not changing my opinion just yet.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
All I have learnt in my life is to keep your trajectory, but stick to a very slow pace. Following your heart and being honest is the right thing but such a hard thing. Others will slowly learn to respect your choices. Healing takes time.
It's good fo lean non friends and make plans to keep yourself busy between those times where you just need to sit alone and ache for any loss you've met inside.

Oct 10, 2021
I have been with my current partner for almost 10 years. He has been pretty much first official boyfriend that I've had. It hasn't been an easy relationship at all. I've been wanting to break up with him a few times before but I run back to him. I have plenty of reasons to leave him, but I don't have the strength within me to do it. I don't know why? I'm trying to follow the right path for myself with God, but it's difficult when I am weak to end this relationship with my boyfriend. He makes me do things I don't want to do, and when I don't do it, I feel bad for him and end up doing it in the end. He believes in God and generally he is a "good person" but he is not willing to follow a righteous path with God. We are completely different now, and he wishes for me to return back to how I was. I try to do it to please him, but I can't fool myself anymore.
Move on dear, God wouldn't want you in a unhappy worthless relationship.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
@whitemoth How are you doing? It is not easy to break off. On the otherhand, we are so blinded that we think that sin is pleasurable and that we are free. But that is actually the opposite. When you are connected to God, we become free. The truth set us free. The more understanding we receive and take the power of God which is available for us. The dark veil will be removed from our faces. It is not worthed to lose your soul because you worshipped human and not God. Please connect with God through prayer take the love you need from God. He is the true source of all wisdom and love. Human love cannot satsify the soul. ❤️

inukubo

Jun 27, 2019
True, I've said this to myself. I honestly think he is not the one for me, but it's very difficult to break up with him. I don't want to hurt him because I care for him.
If you really care for him, you will be honest with him about your feelings and break up with him. Maybe if he really loves you, that will wake him up and he will start taking things more seriously. Otherwise, he will just keep acting the way he's been acting.

Kamefur

Mar 23, 2022
I have been with my current partner for almost 10 years. He has been pretty much first official boyfriend that I've had. It hasn't been an easy relationship at all. I've been wanting to break up with him a few times before but I run back to him. I have plenty of reasons to leave him, but I don't have the strength within me to do it. I don't know why? I'm trying to follow the right path for myself with God, but it's difficult when I am weak to end this relationship with my boyfriend. He makes me do things I don't want to do, and when I don't do it, I feel bad for him and end up doing it in the end. He believes in God and generally he is a "good person" but he is not willing to follow a righteous path with God. We are completely different now, and he wishes for me to return back to how I was. I try to do it to please him, but I can't fool myself anymore.
Even if we know that leaving him is right but it is not easy. I had been with my ex-boyfriend for 6 years. We shared bills, we shared good things and bad things that happened in life. I knew it was not right in the third year, but I spent the last 3 years suffering the pain that I knew I must leave him. Things were complicated since we have too many things connected, so you would give up your thoughts the moment you meet a single difficulty. But remember your happiness and the guidance from God. And you shouldn't escape from reality.