Very much so.
Well, we all have our opinion of what Jesus was feeling in the garden, but who do we actually think we are even trying to imagine it? I think He was broken. Anxious? Not so much.
Very much so.
Absolutely not.
I would be afraid if there was an intruder in our home.. and then if I was attacked by said intruder. And I can't say I wouldn't pull my gun on him. I would. So, I guess I'm a hypocrite because at that moment, I would be trusting my ruger.
New International VersionTo be honest, I don’t think anxiety is the best word in that case.
I would know if it was my Lord.![]()
New International Version
I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord.
New Living Translation
I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him.
English Standard Version
I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord.
Berean Study Bible
I want you to be free from concern. The unmarried man is concerned about the work of the Lord, how he can please the Lord.
Berean Literal Bible
And I desire you to be without concern. The unmarried man cares for the things of the Lord, how he should please the Lord;
King James Bible
But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
New King James Version
But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.
New American Standard Bible
But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
NASB 1995
But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
NASB 1977
But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
Amplified Bible
But I want you to be free from concern. The unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
Christian Standard Bible
I want you to be without concerns. The unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
I want you to be without concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.
American Standard Version
But I would have you to be free from cares. He that is unmarried is careful for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Because of this, I want you to be without care, for whoever does not have a wife thinks upon what is of his Lord and how he may please his Lord.
Contemporary English Version
I want all of you to be free from worry. An unmarried man worries about how to please the Lord.
Douay-Rheims Bible
But I would have you to be without solicitude. He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please God.
English Revised Version
But I would have you to be free from cares. He that is unmarried is careful for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
Good News Translation
I would like you to be free from worry. An unmarried man concerns himself with the Lord's work, because he is trying to please the Lord.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
So I don't want you to have any concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, [that is,] about how he can please the Lord.
International Standard Version
I want you to be free from concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, that is, about how he can please the Lord.
Literal Standard Version
And I wish you to be without anxiety; the unmarried is anxious for the things of the LORD, how he will please the LORD;
NET Bible
And I want you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord.
New Heart English Bible
But I desire to have you to be free from cares. He who is unmarried is concerned for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
Weymouth New Testament
And I would have you free from worldly anxiety. An unmarried man concerns himself with the Lord's business--how he shall please the Lord;
World English Bible
But I desire to have you to be free from cares. He who is unmarried is concerned for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
Young's Literal Translation
And I wish you to be without anxiety; the unmarried is anxious for the things of the Lord, how he shall please the Lord;
actually anxiety and fear is a sin, in the Bible its also callled worry
and also...
the fearful, the cowardly and the unbelieving are not going to enter the Kingdom of God. It does say so in Revelation
so...if you dont think its a sin and never repented of it, then...I cant help you. I can pray for you but if you refuse to believe that He can set you free...cos you holding on (again!) then sorry...
um yes it doesRevelation 21:8 doesn’t apply to people who have received Jesus and have faith in Jesus. I have faith in Jesus and have received him.
um yes it does
you cant carry your sin into heaven
if you have received Jesus then he died for your sin but you are not even orepared to admit you were ever sinful
Anxiety and caring about the things of the Lord are two different things in my view.
[Anxiety] Sometimes it has 2 do with how someone defines a sound = of course what that sound mean to them