How to gain weight?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Any ideas on how to gain weight? I am a little underweight and need to gain some.

U

Ugly

Build some muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Not sure if that's cheating or not though. ;)

W

wwjd_kilden

Is the problem that you don't gain despite of eating, or is it that you eat too little because you don't feel hungry?

Most people tend to eat more when in good company, so if the latter is the problem, try gathering some people (or just find one good friend) and meet up on a regular basis for some good food :)

Feb 28, 2016
wirey, lithe, and lean, ALWAYS gets the work done, as long as the
best natural calories are being eaten...take care of your Temple...

D

Depleted

Any ideas on how to gain weight? I am a little underweight and need to gain some.
Drink Ensure. It has mostly good things for your body, but it also has calories. The servings sizes aren't that big, so you can add one or two per day.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
You can gain quality weight or junk weight.
Quality weight means a quality diet.
From my experience most people do not know what that is.
And if they do they either do not believe in it or can not stick to it long term.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
My dear husband has this very problem and I don't know what to do! He HAS to start gaining at least muscle or start to really deteriorate. He eats well but has such a high metabolism it just seems to go right through with little to no effect.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Too bad there is not a fat transfer system... I'd gladly donate as I can't seem to loose weight but it sure finds it's way on me... I think all I have to do is look or sniff food and the weight just jumps on and doesn't let go... I guess you could say there are problems both ways.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Too bad there is not a fat transfer system... I'd gladly donate as I can't seem to loose weight but it sure finds it's way on me... I think all I have to do is look or sniff food and the weight just jumps on and doesn't let go... I guess you could say there are problems both ways.
Oh my goodness YES! I SO wish that I could transfer about 50 lbs to my hubby lol that would work for me.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi cherie,

I am not really one to tell how to gain weight...but this had me thinking. How is your exercise schedule? I am also trying to put some weight into a child who needs more. Personally, i feel we need to exercise more coz it allows us to eat more when tired/hungry after even a walk. Also, this may not sound too nice to talk abt. As kids, we had the usual anthelmintics given regularly to ensure we do not go about w/ those pests inside us=(. They help the underweight kids gain weight again=). I heard a real neat grandma who told surprised, she found she had some of those at some point, and now encourages other older folks to get something for that at least every year. Not only children get germs/worm eggs etc under their fingernails when playing, working on soil or when cleaning, or when we ingest some from fresh veggies, etc.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Hi cherie,

I am not really one to tell how to gain weight...but this had me thinking. How is your exercise schedule? I am also trying to put some weight into a child who needs more. Personally, i feel we need to exercise more coz it allows us to eat more when tired/hungry after even a walk. Also, this may not sound too nice to talk abt. As kids, we had the usual anthelmintics given regularly to ensure we do not go about w/ those pests inside us=(. They help the underweight kids gain weight again=). I heard a real neat grandma who told surprised, she found she had some of those at some point, and now encourages other older folks to get something for that at least every year. Not only children get germs/worm eggs etc under their fingernails when playing, working on soil or when cleaning, or when we ingest some from fresh veggies, etc.
I like to take walks sometimes and I do reshop sometimes at work and clean the windows there. Sometimes I like to take about a 15 min walk to a store from my house.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My dear husband has this very problem and I don't know what to do! He HAS to start gaining at least muscle or start to really deteriorate. He eats well but has such a high metabolism it just seems to go right through with little to no effect.
I have the same problem. The struggle is real.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I am of the belief God has given us things of the earth to help in losing weight naturally, and gaining it in the same manner. So I would suggest things like:

Steaks. They contain a ton of protein and iron. But try to get the ones with marbled meat patterns because that has more fat calories.

There's Natural Organic Peanut Butter. Again, packed with protein and fats, making it a great choice for people trying to gain weight in a healthy way.

One way too is to change your milk intake from non-fat, or 1%, or even 2% and go whole milk. Even adding it to recipes etc. Its higher in Vitamin D and A too. It is only about 60 Calories more than the other milk types, but that adds up fast per glass size.

Here's a great thing, we all have heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but tropical fruit will blow you up like a Macy's day Parade balloon! Smile. No, but seriously it is awesome tasting and adds weight fast. Things like: Mango, Papaya, even Bananas, and pineapple are amazing choices which include natural sugars and give lots of energy.

And don't eat junk food fats but eat good fats, like Avocados, and eat natural granolas too...You got this! Just get to eating and watching a lot of TV. NO! That part I am not suggesting....Smile. The point is stay healthy along the way.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
"One mans curse is another mans blessing," right?! :rolleyes::cool:...

Dec 17, 2013
Maybe you are a hardgainer? Eat lots and lift lots,you have to gain weight and as long as you are putting that weight into your muscles through work,you should be ok.

D

Depleted

I have the same problem. The struggle is real.
Ah, nuts! You just disproved a theory I had. My dad and hubby's buddy both could eat all they wanted but couldn't gain weight. Dad could eat six ears of corn with lots of butter, plus 3 large fried huge frog legs (One frog, two legs is 1 "frog legs" several nights a week, and always was a bit underweight. Hubby's buddy ate a traditional three-course Italian lunch every day and a massive dinner, and still couldn't.

Both solved the problem at about age 45ish. Suddenly they gained weight. I thought the solution was to become middle-aged. You just proved that theory wrong, unless you plan on living to be 140. Then you only have a few more years to go before hitting middle-aged. lol

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Maybe you are a hardgainer? Eat lots and lift lots,you have to gain weight and as long as you are putting that weight into your muscles through work,you should be ok.
Did you ever get "The Hardgainer" weight lifting mag? It was published back in the nineties. May still be today, but I doubt it. It was a great mag. Mini sized. The stuff in it still applies today.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I am of the belief God has given us things of the earth to help in losing weight naturally, and gaining it in the same manner. So I would suggest things like:

Steaks. They contain a ton of protein and iron. But try to get the ones with marbled meat patterns because that has more fat calories.

There's Natural Organic Peanut Butter. Again, packed with protein and fats, making it a great choice for people trying to gain weight in a healthy way.

One way too is to change your milk intake from non-fat, or 1%, or even 2% and go whole milk. Even adding it to recipes etc. Its higher in Vitamin D and A too. It is only about 60 Calories more than the other milk types, but that adds up fast per glass size.

Here's a great thing, we all have heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but tropical fruit will blow you up like a Macy's day Parade balloon! Smile. No, but seriously it is awesome tasting and adds weight fast. Things like: Mango, Papaya, even Bananas, and pineapple are amazing choices which include natural sugars and give lots of energy.

And don't eat junk food fats but eat good fats, like Avocados, and eat natural granolas too...You got this! Just get to eating and watching a lot of TV. NO! That part I am not suggesting....Smile. The point is stay healthy along the way.
Why does he need "a ton of protein"?

M

Miri

I was thin as a drain pipe in my teens and twenties. I was also so body
conscious I wore clothes a size too big, I hated my bosom and did every
thing I could think of to hide it. I never dieted or thought
about calories. :)

Stroll on middle age. I just look at a peanut and put on a elephant. Lol
I'm no where near as body conscious any more. Im currently on a diet
trying to get fit and slim and I can't wait to be able to wear clothes a size
smaller!

Unless you are unhealthy or have been advised medically to put on weight,
I wouldn't worry about it. Instead why not try some weight training to
build muscle.