How to help selffish soul?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oem7110

Nov 9, 2014
Is there any Bible reference on how to heal a selffish soul?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
Well, the soul usually isn't selfish, but the mind and the body are because they were constructed by nature. I'd pray for the soul to become wise to the mind and body's bs!

Now if you are talking about someone who isn't Religiously Minded I'd say that we are called to be Grace for those who are negative to us. Even if that means turning the other cheek.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
See Galatians 3:14, Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 5:5.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Well, the soul usually isn't selfish, but the mind and the body are
The soul is comprised of mind and body; and the unregenerated soul is normally selfish (Romans 3:10-18, Romans 3:23).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Thanks in advance
There is no direct reference on the subject of a "selfish soul". I presume you mean a person who is selfish, rather than distinguishing soul from spirit or flesh.

Selfishness, as distinct from self-care and preservation, is a sin, and as such, is to be repented of as any sin. Repentance involves turning and going in a different direction, which in this case would be generosity. While Jesus said it in reference to the gospel, "Freely you have received; freely give" (Matthew 10:8) applies to this. Paul addresses the subject in 2 Corinthians 9:6 "Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."

You might also consider Jesus' parable of the unmerciful servant in Matthew 18:21-35. The context is debt (and by extension, sin) but it might also be applied to personal interests. One who has received much grace will extend grace to others.

oem7110

Nov 9, 2014
Well, the soul usually isn't selfish, but the mind and the body are because they were constructed by nature. I'd pray for the soul to become wise to the mind and body's bs!

Now if you are talking about someone who isn't Religiously Minded I'd say that we are called to be Grace for those who are negative to us. Even if that means turning the other cheek.
Referring to following video, there is a challenge for Kids within brain.

Dad (God) told kid not to eat candy and wait
Kid understands in mind not to eat, but internal nerve system (Devil) keeps giving positive feedback to eat.

The first kid does not eat (No Sins), but second one eat (Sins), what make them difference in control mindset?

What do God want to us from controlling our mind?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,"—Romans 1:9

oem7110

Nov 9, 2014
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,"—Romans 1:9
Could you please explain further in plain English without any metaphor?

Dec 9, 2011

The soul IS the mind/body.I think you mean the Spirit Is not selfish.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Could you please explain further in plain English without any metaphor?

No, unfortunately I can't. You wanted a scripture that can help heal a selfish soul; there it is. I can't heal a selfish soul but the word of God can. Better you meditate on it for yourself.

Are you a Christian? Do yo believe Jesus is God's Son and that He rose from the dead? Do you read the Bible?

Dec 9, 2011

Thanks in advance
Ephesians 2:10
King James Version

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
+++

John 3:16
King James Version

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
+++

John 6:63
King James Version

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life
+++

Galatians 5:22-23
King James Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Mar 4, 2020

Thanks in advance
I would suggest the remedy for selfishness is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Referring to following video, there is a challenge for Kids within brain.

Dad (God) told kid not to eat candy and wait
Kid understands in mind not to eat, but internal nerve system (Devil) keeps giving positive feedback to eat.

The first kid does not eat (No Sins), but second one eat (Sins), what make them difference in control mindset?

What do God want to us from controlling our mind?

This was cute, but what does it have to do with selfishness? And these little ones certainly were not sinning--Jesus went to the temple at 12 years old so that gives us a bit of a reference point for age of accountability. the executive functioning portion of the brain is nowhere near being fully developed in these little guys--the little girl understood what her dad was asking of her, the baby didn't.

No sinning or selfishness here--just extreme cuteness!:)

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
This was cute, but what does it have to do with selfishness? And these little ones certainly were not sinning--Jesus went to the temple at 12 years old so that gives us a bit of a reference point for age of accountability. the executive functioning portion of the brain is nowhere near being fully developed in these little guys--the little girl understood what her dad was asking of her, the baby didn't.

No sinning or selfishness here--just extreme cuteness!:)
PS This is more about self-control, not selfishness