How to love your family, when God hates the nonelects?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Tell me do you know about the ephrates rivers and what the bible says about it in regards to the end times?
We've been in the "End times for over 2000 years. Right now the "Date-setters" seem fixated on the Euphrates. But I've still got my book the PROVES BIBLICALLY that the rapture WILL OCCUR during the "Feast of Trumpets" in 1988. 88 "proofs" !!! Only one thing about that -

SO you think we've already been through 5 ANGELS, and the 6th one has dried up the Euphrates???

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
We've been in the "End times for over 2000 years. Right now the "Date-setters" seem fixated on the Euphrates. But I've still got my book the PROVES BIBLICALLY that the rapture WILL OCCUR during the "Feast of Trumpets" in 1988. 88 "proofs" !!! Only one thing about that -

SO you think we've already been through 5 ANGELS, and the 6th one has dried up the Euphrates???
Yes we have been been in the end times for about 200 years but Jesus speaks of a generation that will not pass until all these things are fulfilled we are told to keep watch or do you not remember that? Isral is always the center of bible prophecy when they came back to their land as was prophesied that they would this was the start of the last generation this was a historic event that was spoken in the bible and was fulfilled if you don't even understand the importance of that in regards to bible prophecy and the end times then your not looking at it correctly.

The date setting though? the rapture? that isn't what I am getting at, I mentioned the ephrated because that is a major biblical end time event where the kings of the east cross the dried up river to go to war with Israel surely you know this part. Well my pint is that it is already drying up to the point that it has never happened in all of history so if the river is drying up and the bible talks about what happens when it does is this not at least a hint to you that things are about to get real?

We haven't entered into the tribulation or the last seven years yet anyone who thinks otherwise has no idea how bad it is actually going to be and as for your apparent ability to prove the rapture happens on the feast of trumpets did you not just complain about date setters?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The Euphrates is drying up, but the main reason is because of drought. The prophecy about the Euphrates drying up is in Revelation 16:12: "Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared." This happens toward the end of the great tribulation when God pours out His bowls of wrath.

The verse calls it the "great" river Euphrates. So, apparently it's a might river with plenty of water. All God will have to do is send rainfall again and it will fill up. The drying up of the Euphrates will be a supernatural event that everyone will know comes from God.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I know for a fact, that am the only one in my family that is one of God's elects. After the true gospel is told to them, their fruit is revealed that they are nonelects.
How do you know your not deceived into thinking that your one of the elect?

May 10, 2023
How do you know you’re not deceived into thinking that you’re one of the elect?
I fear he’s in a cult. His favorite scripture is:
“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.” 1 John 2:15

When that’s your favorite scripture in the entire Bible that’s a problem.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I know for a fact, that am the only one in my family that is one of God's elects. After the true gospel is told to them, their fruit is revealed that they are nonelects.
Nobody can deny ELECTION without denying the bible. The question is if you are elected, chosen by God, what are you elected to and for what?

To curse your family? to go around damning everybody?

Abraham was elected and it is upon him along with Isaac and Jacob that Paul draws his doctrine. What was Abraham elected to be and to do?

To be the father of faith and the means by which God was and is to BLESS the families of the whole earth. We are elected to be the family of God, the people of God, the church.

ELECTION is not unto salvation or to damnation ... others [I boldly say MANY] can and will be saved.

The church simply MUST get beyond this stupid argument. Don't blame Calvin, he made a mistake, the stupid Arminius made an even stupider mistake because he not only threw out Calvin he threw out the bible. And so do all who follow him.

Let's say "WOW, I been chosen, God chose ME ... who can I help, who can I be a blessing to?"

Calvin was a 17th century European ... let's move on.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Claiming sinners cannot receive the gospel because they are hostile enemies is like saying the foreign leader cannot receive the peace treaty because they are hostile enemies.

A message sent to an enemy for the purpose of peace & reconciliation is sufficient to enable a right response.

(a person on Twitter)

Yup!!!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Didn't read my post at all, did you.
Well I am legally blind so reading is hard for me so if I missed something let me know. But don't avoid the discussion you chose that part out of everything I said did you even consider what I explained or do you believe yourself to be so right you can't be wrong?

I am willing to be proven wrong but lets make one thing clear I am not here to be in arguments and back and forths that just bring fruitless results I am willing to be proven wrong and I am willing to discuss but if your looking for a debate then i'm the wrong person.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Nonelects can't be saved. God only chose God's elects to be saved. No amount of man's efforts can save a person. God will only give the Holy Spirit to his elects.
I don't know what worries me more, the fact that you make these comments and seem to believe them, or that you may be teaching this heresy to other people. The Bible says "WHOSOEVER WILL" may come. God bars NO ONE from heaven, that is our choice alone. Either what I say is true or God is a liar.

2 Pet. "not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

1 Tim "Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

1 Timothy 4:10
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Ezekiel 18:32
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:13
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

John 3:16-17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Isaiah 45:22
“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth!

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Romans 10:9-10
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.
Please, please for the sake of the lost, please don't repeat this nonsense to your family, friends and unsaved. It's no wonder they aren't falling in line. What you think you are "preaching" is so far out in left field you can't be seen. Please read the Bible, find a good church, sit down and listen to someone who knows the Gospel and stop spreading this. And red x on this comment makes you feel better, but you are a long way from the truth. You can know a man's religion is made up when he shows no love for the lost. You're not elected to salvation, God loves the sinners and longs, I said He longs for them to repent. What you are "preaching", proven here by Scripture, is flat out wrong, or God is a liar. You can't both be right. I know I'm going with.[/QUOTE]

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I don't know what worries me more, the fact that you make these comments and seem to believe them, or that you may be teaching this heresy to other people. The Bible says "WHOSOEVER WILL" may come. God bars NO ONE from heaven, that is our choice alone. Either what I say is true or God is a liar.

2 Pet. "not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

1 Tim "Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

1 Timothy 4:10
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Ezekiel 18:32
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:13
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

John 3:16-17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Isaiah 45:22
“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth!

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Romans 10:9-10
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Please, please for the sake of the lost, please don't repeat this nonsense to your family, friends and unsaved. It's no wonder they aren't falling in line. What you think you are "preaching" is so far out in left field you can't be seen. Please read the Bible, find a good church, sit down and listen to someone who knows the Gospel and stop spreading this. And red x on this comment makes you feel better, but you are a long way from the truth. You can know a man's religion is made up when he shows no love for the lost. You're not elected to salvation, God loves the sinners and longs, I said He longs for them to repent. What you are "preaching", proven here by Scripture, is flat out wrong, or God is a liar. You can't both be right. I know I'm going with.
[/QUOTE]

May 6, 2023
Nonelects can't be saved. God only chose God's elects to be saved. No amount of man's efforts can save a person. God will only give the Holy Spirit to his elects.

If you are interested in freedom from sin and how do we receive the Holy Spirit? read below.
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

1 John 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New King James Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it’s only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or any sinful desires. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or sinful desires (Romans 6:6-7 and Galatians 5:24), Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it’s by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don’t have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually and for more information about this sermon, go to spreadthegospel59.wordpress.com then go to
The short version of “To be free from sin (sin deceives and hurts everyone) and how do we receive the Holy Spirit?”

https://www.gotquestions.org/calvinism.html

Total Depravity - As a result of Adam’s fall, the entire human race is affected; all humanity is dead in trespasses and sins. Man is unable to save himself (Genesis 6:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:10-18).

Unconditional Election - Because man is dead in sin, he is unable to initiate a response to God; therefore, in eternity past God elected certain people to salvation. Election and predestination are unconditional; they are not based on man’s response (Romans 8:29-30;9:11; Ephesians 1:4-6, 11-12) because man is unable to respond, nor does he want to.

Limited Atonement - Because God determined that certain ones should be saved as a result of God’s unconditional election, He determined that Christ should die for the elect alone. All whom God has elected and for whom Christ died will be saved (Matthew 1:21; John 10:11; 17:9; Acts 20:28; Romans 8:32; Ephesians 5:25).

Irresistible Grace - Those whom God elected He draws to Himself through irresistible grace. God makes man willing to come to Him. When God calls, man responds (John 6:37, 44; 10:16).

Perseverance of the Saints - The precise ones God has elected and drawn to Himself through the Holy Spirit will persevere in faith. None whom God has elected will be lost; they are eternally secure (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:29-30; Ephesians 1:3-14).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 10:34-39
New King James Version

Christ Brings Division
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set[a] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

That is the most deceptive and harmful teaching ever. Here is the simple understanding:
No man comes to God simply by thier own human horsepower. They are called by God.
God calls ALL to follow him.
Some will accept and some will reject.
In the end, God already knew what that person would do.
The ones that accept Him are the elect.

What makes you so sure that you have the golden ticket?

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
I know for a fact, that am the only one in my family that is one of God's elects.
No, you don't.
After the true gospel is told to them, their fruit is revealed that they are nonelects.
It aint over till it's over. Sometimes people reject the gospel, then later repent and accept it. Ever hear of Saul of Tarsus?

May 6, 2023
That is the most deceptive and harmful teaching ever. Here is the simple understanding:
No man comes to God simply by thier own human horsepower. They are called by God.
God calls ALL to follow him.
Some will accept and some will reject.
In the end, God already knew what that person would do.
The ones that accept Him are the elect.

What makes you so sure that you have the golden ticket?
No, you don't.

It aint over till it's over. Sometimes people reject the gospel, then later repent and accept it. Ever hear of Saul of Tarsus?
That is both arrogant and dangerous. The ONLY thing that makes one an Elect is the blood of Jesus. God Is Judge, and God alone! The Bible warns "Let him who thinks he stands take heed, lest he fall."

May 6, 2023
That is both arrogant and dangerous. The ONLY thing that makes one an Elect is the blood of Jesus. God Is Judge, and God alone! The Bible warns "Let him who thinks he stands take heed, lest he fall."
No, you don't.

Now there ARE non-erects, and I think there is a medication for that.

Jun 12, 2021
Many have weighed in on your thread and I am not sure you are even monitoring your own thread but I too shall weigh in.

FIRST: I find your tag - "HatedForNoReason" - quite interesting. One can be hated for a lot of reasons but if you are indeed one of God's Elect and have come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, then being hated is explained in Scripture:

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
John 15:18 If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you

SECOND: The world and family do not hate because one calls themselves a Christian but because one holds to Doctrinal Truths that are hated by both. The closer to the Truth you get, the more you will be hated by the world and the more you will be loved by Christ and His Saints. The amount of hate dished out upon you will vary with your audience. I have found that nonreligionist will find what you are saying as foolishness and annoying but they usually do not react with outward hatred per say. On the other hand, Religionist (Which does not mean - True Believers), will show outward anger and hatred for what you are saying because they are steeped in their Religious Dogma or their salvation experience does not match what you are saying is the Truth. Just mention any of these: God's Sovereignty in Election - Predestination - Spiritual Depravity - Regeneration before ability to believe - Once saved always saved - for example and the fight is on and the poisonous venom begins to spew from their mouths.

Why? Because you are saying that God is in control of ALL aspects of His Plan of Salvation. The Depraved mind cannot stand being told they have no ability to understand and accomplish this plan. God must do it all or all of creation will be lost because of Adam's FALL.

Having said all that, I must give word of caution about part of your post:

You said:
I know for a fact, that am the only one in my family that is one of God's elects.

That... my dear friend... would be impossible.

Only God knows who was Elected from Eternity Past and only God knows the time of that person's Regeneration. As believers, we can only tell how one is excepting the Gospel, at this particular point in time. They could be one of God's Elect but their Regeneration, by the Holy Spirit, may still be in the future. This is why the Gospel is proclaimed indiscriminately to all because we do not know who the Elect are. Even if the message is rejected, we should try again from time to time because if that person is Regenerated, the change in attitude about Biblical things will occur almost instantly. This is the power of God's Salvation at work.

So do not despair, pray for your family always, perchance God might visit them and bring them Salvation. Remember, that God does not hear the prayers of lost sinners. John 9:31 We know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and do his will, him he heareth. Therefore, true believers must hold our loved ones before God but we must recognize that our petition may not be in the will of God. (In other words, God is not going to make a nonelected person Elect just because we asked.)

Once believers are before the Lord, we will know then who the Elect are.
I see the fruits. After the true gospel is told to them, they try not to do those sins for a day or so. But go back to those sins because God won't give the Holy Spirit to nonelects. It's been at least 10 years and I don't see no signs of God giving the Holy Spirit to them.

Bottom verses must be fulfilled.

Isaiah 55:11
King James Version

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Matthew 10:17-21
King James Version

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 10:36-40
King James Version

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Luke 21:32-33
King James Version

32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.