How to patiently wait for God's timing for the right woman.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nei181

Dec 18, 2018
I've already experienced that in life unfortunately but thank you .

Oct 20, 2018
Brother, I can so relate and empathize with your scenario...
While I too will maintain my lifelong dream and believe that a soul-mate during this life is a means to sharing and earning eternal salvation with your beloved family (to include your life-partner, best-friend and spouse).
While I concede that there is 'NO such thing as a Perfect Marriage' - there ARE only two imperfect people who decide to 'refuse to give-up on each other.' If two people can learn to love each other unconditionally and vow to maintain that conviction in this life-time, by virtue of their persistent willingness to forgive each other thru a lifetime of struggles, imperfections and compromises - they inherently demonstrate the requisite unconditional love for one another (ie soulmates)...
My mother became a widow at the age of 38, has never remarried and at 84 is both anxious to re-join her husband, and nervous if he is still waiting for her... I prefer to give her the hope and reassurance that he will be there to welcome her with open arms...

I believed that I had married my soulmate, only to have our lord open my eyes and show me that I had married a person who was just incapable of 'unconditional-love' (she left both myself and her youngest son). The lord showed me, the error of my decision making for this impending failed marriage. While I have been blessed with 3 amazing kids, at 54 I too have some similar anxiety as you describe. Now praying that the Lord will bless me with the strength to maintain my faith and walk with him in such a way that HE will show me the way that I will grow spiritually and in such a manner that will allow me to get out of my own way.

In my case I've learned that a beautiful soul is more important than a beautiful smile and seamingly beautiful features...

I agree with the recommendations to focus upon becoming the best spiritual version of yourself that is humanly possible. As a math and science minded person - I do believe that coming to a forum such as this CC can only increase your chances of meeting genuine christian women. Have you considered Christian dating sites? Lots of folks here have experience (lesson learned) and advice with those, I suspect that given your experiences that you too have gained better insight as to being able to be able to gauge those personality types that are either not authentic or not what you are looking for.

Good Luck, have faith and hope you enjoy our CC...
God Bless
🌹ok i don't know if yall would like a "woman's" point of view from personal experience but here goes>> 1st of all i was 44 y.o. when i THOUGHT i was "ready" 4 Marriage but proceeded for WRONG Reasons {Companionship & Intimacy} AFTER he was 💋 smitten 💋 w/ me & i 🙏🏻 cuz i was NOT Attracted 2 him at first..... weeellll we have been SEPARATED (3) times in 7 yrs. of Marriage, this one lasting 1 1/2 yrs. and nearly (2) of (7) Yrs. combined, but THIS IS LAST & although i was "mean" by my words & vented alot, he got involved in areas where i am 📖BIBLICALLY📖 Correct in Filing 4 DIVORCE, even after MANY ATTEMPTS 2 💔RECONCILE💔 & he would Agree then renig on PROMISE 2 do so....... BREAKING my 💔💔💔 over & over & messing w/ my mind..... ok, so i MARRIED when i was not "READY" then i HELD ON 2 this TOXIC Relationship cuz i felt i was tooooo ⌛️⏰ OLD, FAT, UNATTRACTIVE, & HEALTH ISSUES 2 have another man "FALL" in 💖 w/ me NOW + hard 2 TRUST & a bit bitter from HURT caused by husband & feeling ABANDONED esp. during period in my life i NEEDED him 4 Emotional & Spiritual SUPPORT (& financial would've been nice too....) but he was NEVER THERE 4 me in 2018 when i REALLY NEEDED him sooooo myyyy Advice is W8 AS LONG AS IT TAKES, ask GOD 4 "CONFIRMATION" if Right Woman after MUCH 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻, then get COUNSEL TOGETHER B4 MARRIAGE & any time you feel NECESSARY from GODLY COUNSEL, MENTOR, Etc. & be CONTENT where HE has you & if HE BLESSES you w/ HELP M8 Remember your VOWS r 2 ABBA GOD, FATHER IN HEAVEN, & you MUST b Willing 2 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 4 & w/ your Wife, and do WHATEVER IT TAKES 2 MAKE MARRIAGE LAST esp. COMMUNICATING in 💙💙💙 & Loving her like CHRIST 💗💗💗HIS BRIDE THE 💒 & then she will DESIRE 2 SUBMIT TO & HONOR/RESPECT you‼️‼️ i can VOUCH 4 the fact getting MARRIED is NOT Answer if u r looking 4 something or some 1 to MAKE you 😊😀😄 cuz TRULY only JESUS Can & HEEEEE IIISSSS a "jealous" GOD‼️‼️💋💋💋💙💙😉😀 Hope this ABRIDGED Version of my Life Testimony HELPS..... WISDOM Bro......

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
🌹ok i don't know if yall would like a "woman's" point of view from personal experience but here goes>> 1st of all i was 44 y.o. when i THOUGHT i was "ready" 4 Marriage but proceeded for WRONG Reasons {Companionship & Intimacy} AFTER he was 💋 smitten 💋 w/ me & i 🙏🏻 cuz i was NOT Attracted 2 him at first..... weeellll we have been SEPARATED (3) times in 7 yrs. of Marriage, this one lasting 1 1/2 yrs. and nearly (2) of (7) Yrs. combined, but THIS IS LAST & although i was "mean" by my words & vented alot, he got involved in areas where i am 📖BIBLICALLY📖 Correct in Filing 4 DIVORCE, even after MANY ATTEMPTS 2 💔RECONCILE💔 & he would Agree then renig on PROMISE 2 do so....... BREAKING my 💔💔💔 over & over & messing w/ my mind..... ok, so i MARRIED when i was not "READY" then i HELD ON 2 this TOXIC Relationship cuz i felt i was tooooo ⌛️⏰ OLD, FAT, UNATTRACTIVE, & HEALTH ISSUES 2 have another man "FALL" in 💖 w/ me NOW + hard 2 TRUST & a bit bitter from HURT caused by husband & feeling ABANDONED esp. during period in my life i NEEDED him 4 Emotional & Spiritual SUPPORT (& financial would've been nice too....) but he was NEVER THERE 4 me in 2018 when i REALLY NEEDED him sooooo myyyy Advice is W8 AS LONG AS IT TAKES, ask GOD 4 "CONFIRMATION" if Right Woman after MUCH 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻, then get COUNSEL TOGETHER B4 MARRIAGE & any time you feel NECESSARY from GODLY COUNSEL, MENTOR, Etc. & be CONTENT where HE has you & if HE BLESSES you w/ HELP M8 Remember your VOWS r 2 ABBA GOD, FATHER IN HEAVEN, & you MUST b Willing 2 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 4 & w/ your Wife, and do WHATEVER IT TAKES 2 MAKE MARRIAGE LAST esp. COMMUNICATING in 💙💙💙 & Loving her like CHRIST 💗💗💗HIS BRIDE THE 💒 & then she will DESIRE 2 SUBMIT TO & HONOR/RESPECT you‼️‼️ i can VOUCH 4 the fact getting MARRIED is NOT Answer if u r looking 4 something or some 1 to MAKE you 😊😀😄 cuz TRULY only JESUS Can & HEEEEE IIISSSS a "jealous" GOD‼️‼️💋💋💋💙💙😉😀 Hope this ABRIDGED Version of my Life Testimony HELPS..... WISDOM Bro......
So visually chaotic and typed out like a 15 year old.

Dec 29, 2018
It's true, it's so chaotic. I gave up after the 3rd line. I'd like to help but honestly it's not easy.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well, for a first post yours was certainly colorful. :) Glad to have you onboard with us and look forward to your future posts. Welcome to CC.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It has been my observation on this site that 'waiting for 'God's perfect timing' for the right woman, is code for either fear of commitment, fear of rejection or unrealistic or naïve expectations. There have been rare exceptions to this but basically, from my perspective, this is what that phrase really means. Then, when they feel the window of opportunity has been closed, some start blaming God or just accept that it was God's will and desire for them to remain alone their entire adult life even though their own eyes were closed to any possible opportunity that arose and were afraid or unwilling to take decisive positive action to establish a relationship that would possibly result in marriage.

Dec 29, 2018
Ooops Sorry, I was doing a search on the forum for dating and came across this....so guess was more than invested in this one post since it was my first...lol

Dec 29, 2018
I have to agree. What the search for love does to our poor mortal souls ? I seem to enjoy this forum quite a bit already.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You were probably ready to get married but simply married a man that was not suitable for you. It is best to allow God to search and find the one of your heart's desire rather than going it alone. My first marriage at the age of 23 was a disaster and mercifully ended after 6 1/2 years of pure physical and mental anguish. There are others on this site that could tell their own personal horror story about failed marriages. You are certainly not alone in this. You wrote and excellent life testimony and enjoyed reading it very much. Hopefully, it may prove helpful to others contemplating marriage in preventing still another marital disaster.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
She may be into unicorns rather than llamacorns. What do I know anyway? I suck at relationships.
Well since her title is "Majestic Llamacorn" I'm going to stick with calling her a hairless llamacorn.

S

selfdissolving

I am 40 and also still single. I might someday find THE ONE FOR ME or I might not. But it's not a critical part of my life. It would be nice, but it's not a make-or-break thing.

Why is alone so bad? Why are you desperate to find a woman?

What if you don't find her? Will you settle for a woman who is only out for what she can squeeze out of you, or will you continue alone? If you continue alone will you consider your life a failure?

A sports car will still run without that turbo upgrade. It won't have as high a top speed, it won't have that growl in the engine, but it will still get you from point A to point B. But some people consider the car incomplete without a turbo. "Sure it's nice, but it's not what it COULD be." But what could be sometimes never is. That doesn't make the car worthless though.

What do you have, what are you doing with it, what are you making of your life? That is what is important. If you find a wife that will add a lot to your life, but if you don't find a wife... is your life nothing without her?
Hey Lynx, I just wanted to chime in and tell you how much I really appreciate this type of advice. You always seem to give pretty solid relationship advice. Keep up the good work Duke. *High five*

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Share donuts???? Says who??
Says....

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”

S

selfdissolving

Says....

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
I see no mention of donuts there.
1.jpg
😂😂😂