How to post a picture in here (a quick tutorial)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Ok, so you want to add a picture to your post but don't know how, well here's how its done..

1. You need to get the URL (web address) of the pic you want. If the pic is already in your albums here then the URL is already provided underneath the pic.
In fact, the URL with the "
" tags are already setup for you to copy and paste directly into a post.

2. Just copy the URL with the 'IMG' tags already added and paste it into your post.
It will look somethng like this in your post...

Note: Those funny looking IMG tags tells CC that there is a picture (image) in between them so it will display it in the post.

Another way to do it is when you are typing in a reply box (or making a new thread) there is a little icon at the top that looks like a yellow box with two mountains in it.

1. Click on that little icon when you are ready to insert a picture in your post.

2. Paste the URL (web address) of the picture into the window that pops up when you clicked on the yellow box. Then click 'OK'. This will put the URL in the post with the "
" added onto it so CC knows that it is a picture.

Have fun! :)

Aug 2, 2009
Easy way to find pics on the internet and get their URL's...

Lets say you are looking for a cute puppy picture..

1. go to Google and type in 'cute puppy' and hit enter.

2. click on "Images" on the left side of the google page. this will show you all the images it can find that relate to your search.

3. when u find that one special picture, click on it.

4. After the picture opens up in google, on the right hand side, click on "FULL-SIZE IMAGE".
NOTE: If there is no white bar on the right with those words on there, then that site is protected from searches. Hit your go-back button and look for another pic.

5. Now you should see the picture by itself against a blank white background. Up top on the address bar is the URL. Copy that whole address (right-click>copy)

6. In your CC post, click on the yellow button with the 2 mountains and paste (right click>paste) that URL in there, then click OK.

And that should do it! :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I don't know how to imbed a video, like Green does all the time. I think I used to know but, not anymore. :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Don't feel bad, neither do I. That's why I just end up posting a link.

Feb 10, 2008
HTML:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD0=+-Gsdf[/video]

S

shininglight

It worked!!

J

Jullianna

put only the part after the first = in the url between the youtube code thingies

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
**Is thoroughly confused

J

Jullianna

step 1, type this: [youtube]

J

Jullianna

step 2, from the youtube link you like, copy only what appears after the = sign:

Jars of Clay - If I Stand - YouTube

which would be this: aRcKs-NvxqQ (if you go to the link I've posted and look at it)

and paste it right next to the code shown in step 1

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

step 3, type this right after the portion of the link you copied and pasted: [/youtube]

Then you should have a line of text that looks like what Lightning posted :) And you're done :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcfqDPAy7zc[/video]

Aug 2, 2009
UPDATE.....EASIER WAY TO GET A PIC'S URL...

I forgot that you can just 'right-click' on almost any pic on the internet and then click on "Copy Image URL" in the menu that pops up.
That will copy the URL for you. :)

NOTE: I'm not sure if ALL browsers support this feature. I know that Google Chrome and Comodo Dragon do.

You can do this on the search results page with all of your pic results in it (so you don't have to click-through to the pic's webpage).

Last edited:
K

kayem77

Easy way to find pics on the internet and get their URL's...

Lets say you are looking for a cute puppy picture..

1. go to Google and type in 'cute puppy' and hit enter.

2. click on "Images" on the left side of the google page. this will show you all the images it can find that relate to your search.

3. when u find that one special picture, click on it.

4. After the picture opens up in google, on the right hand side, click on "FULL-SIZE IMAGE".
NOTE: If there is no white bar on the right with those words on there, then that site is protected from searches. Hit your go-back button and look for another pic.

5. Now you should see the picture by itself against a blank white background. Up top on the address bar is the URL. Copy that whole address (right-click>copy)

6. In your CC post, click on the yellow button with the 2 mountains and paste (right click>paste) that URL in there, then click OK.

And that should do it! :)

Ok got it!
Now, what are the steps if I'm looking for a cute kitty picture?

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Thanks, Gabe, I'll prolly refer to this a whole buncha times :).

S

Siberian_Khatru

Does anyone know how - or if its even possible - to post a youtube video according to the embed code? That way, we can scale the player dimensions in our posts.

I know it's possible (did it on another forum), but not sure what the protocol is here on CC, if it can be done here.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Does anyone know how - or if its even possible - to post a youtube video according to the embed code? That way, we can scale the player dimensions in our posts.

I know it's possible (did it on another forum), but not sure what the protocol is here on CC, if it can be done here.
I think it works if you:

1. Say the magic words

2. Give me five dollars.

:D