How was the Covenant changed between the "Old" and "New" ?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Spanish people can't say the "J" sound in Jesus. They say "Hay" instead of "JE".

So the Lord Jesus' name is different in different languages. It has to be...

Your name is different in different languages...

So would God talk to you in YOUR language, or in Hebrew?
 

Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O YHWH, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is YHWH!"
​

Spoken to a hebrew people in there own language,

Would you expect anything else?
 
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i am not telling you to call Him anything. you can call Him what ever you want. but me, im gonna call Him Dad because thats who He is personally to me. Do you call your earthly father by his name all the time? do you think he would like that? to me the answer to thos questions are no. He wants an intimate relationship with us, not a formal one.

[/FONT]John 10:30 ESV / 6 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful


I and the Father are one.”


Colossians 1:2 ESV / 4 helpful votes


To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.


John 14:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes


Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?


John 14:6 ESV / 4 helpful votes


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


John 10:36 ESV / 4 helpful votes


Do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?


John 1:14 ESV / 4 helpful votes


And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.


Matthew 28:19 ESV / 4 helpful votes


Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,


Revelation 3:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes


“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.


2 John 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love.


1 John 2:1 ESV / 3 helpful votes


My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.


1 Peter 1:17 ESV / 3 helpful votes


And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile,


1 Peter 1:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes


According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.


Hebrews 1:8 ESV / 3 helpful votes


But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.


Titus 1:4 ESV / 3 helpful votes


To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.


2 Thessalonians 1:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


1 Thessalonians 1:1 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.


Colossians 3:17 ESV / 3 helpful votes


And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Colossians 2:9 ESV / 3 helpful votes


For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,


Philippians 4:7 ESV / 3 helpful votes


And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Philippians 1:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Ephesians 6:23 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Ephesians 4:6 ESV / 3 helpful votes


One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.


Ephesians 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,


Ephesians 1:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Galatians 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,


2 Corinthians 4:4 ESV / 3 helpful votes


In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.


1 Corinthians 8:6 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.


1 Corinthians 1:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Romans 6:23 ESV / 3 helpful votes


For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Romans 1:7 ESV / 3 helpful votes


To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


John 20:28 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”


John 20:17 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”


John 14:10 ESV / 3 helpful votes


Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.


John 5:18 ESV / 3 helpful votes


This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.


John 1:1 ESV / 3 helpful votes


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


Mark 13:32 ESV / 3 helpful votes


“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.


Matthew 23:9 ESV / 3 helpful votes


And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.


Matthew 11:27 ESV / 3 helpful votes


All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.


Matthew 7:21 ESV / 3 helpful votes


“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.


Isaiah 9:6 ESV / 3 helpful votes


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Revelation 21:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes


But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”


Revelation 1:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes


“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”


Revelation 1:4 ESV / 2 helpful votes


John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,


Revelation 1:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes


The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,


Jude 1:1-25 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. ...


2 John 1:9 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.


1 John 5:20 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.


1 John 5:7 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For there are three that testify:


1 John 4:14 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.


1 John 3:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes


See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.


1 John 2:14 ESV / 2 helpful votes


I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.


1 John 1:9 ESV / 2 helpful votes


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


1 John 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.


1 John 1:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes


The life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—


2 Peter 3:9 ESV / 2 helpful votes


The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.


1 Peter 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,


James 2:19 ESV / 2 helpful votes


You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!


James 1:17 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.


Hebrews 12:9 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?


Hebrews 12:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes


If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.


Hebrews 11:6 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.


Hebrews 1:6 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”


Hebrews 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,


Philemon 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Titus 2:13 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,


Titus 1:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes


In hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began


2 Timothy 1:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes


To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.


1 Timothy 3:16 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.


1 Timothy 2:4 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.


1 Timothy 2:1-15 ESV / 2 helpful votes


First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, ...


1 Timothy 1:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes


To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.


2 Thessalonians 1:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:


1 Thessalonians 3:13 ESV / 2 helpful votes


So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.


1 Thessalonians 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.


Colossians 1:19 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,


Colossians 1:15 ESV / 2 helpful votes


He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.


Philippians 2:11 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


Ephesians 5:20 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,


Ephesians 2:18 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.


Ephesians 2:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,


Ephesians 1:17 ESV / 2 helpful votes


That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,


Ephesians 1:13 ESV / 2 helpful votes


In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,


Ephesians 1:7 ESV / 2 helpful votes


In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,


Galatians 5:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.


Galatians 4:6 ESV / 2 helpful votes


And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”


Galatians 4:4-7 ESV / 2 helpful votes


But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.


Galatians 1:4 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,


Galatians 1:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—


2 Corinthians 11:31 ESV / 2 helpful votes


The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, he who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.


2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.


2 Corinthians 2:10-11 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.


2 Corinthians 1:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,


2 Corinthians 1:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


1 Corinthians 15:24 ESV / 2 helpful votes


Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.


1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV / 2 helpful votes


For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.


1 Corinthians 11:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes


But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.


1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV /


Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,


Romans 15:6 ESV /


That together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Romans 10:13 ESV /


For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”


Romans 10:9 ESV


Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
 
Amen...we have a good, good, loving Father!

Romans 8:15-16 (NASB)
[SUP]15 [/SUP] For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

[SUP]16 [/SUP] The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Galatians 4:6-7 (NASB)
[SUP]6 [/SUP] Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

[SUP]7 [/SUP] Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
 
Most of those are titles, He has only one name.

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."

Isayah 47:4, "Our Redeemer, YHWH of hosts is His Name, the Holy One of Israyl!"​


Yeremyah 33:2, "This is what YHWH says Who made the earth, YHWH Who formed it to establish it--YHWH is His Name:"

​

1 Kings 18:24, "Then you call on the name of your god, Baal, and I will call on the Name of YHWH. It will be the Mighty One Who answers with fire--He is the Mighty One. All the people responded, and said; What you say is right."​

Yeremyah 12:14-17, "This is what YHWH says against all My evil neighbors who touch the inheritance which I have caused My people Israyl to inherit: Behold, I will pluck them up from off their land, and I will pluck up the house of Yahdah from among them. And it will come to pass, after I have plucked them out, that I will return and have compassion on them, and bring them back; everyone to his heritage and everyone to his land. And it will come to pass,if they will diligently learn the ways of My people, to vow by My Name, saying; As surely as YHWH lives--as they once taught My people to vow by Baal (Lord) then they will be established in the midst of My people. But if they do not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, says YHWH."
​

Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O YHWH, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is YHWH!"



Numbers 6:23-27, "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying; This is how you are to bless the children of Israyl. Say to them; YHWH BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. YHWH MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND BE MERCIFUL TO YOU. YHWH LIFT UP HIS COUNTENANCE UPON YOU, AND GIVE YOU PEACE. So they will put MY NAME on the children of Israyl, and I will bless them."


​

Exodus 3:13 (HCSB)
[SUP]13 [/SUP] Then Moses asked God, “If I go to the Israelites and say to them: The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ what should I tell them?”
Exodus 3:14 (HCSB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.”
 
Exodus 3:13 (HCSB)
[SUP]13 [/SUP] Then Moses asked God, “If I go to the Israelites and say to them: The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ what should I tell them?”
Exodus 3:14 (HCSB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.”

I see you quoted verss 13 and 14, what about verse 15?

Exodus 3:15
Parallel Verses
New Living Translation
God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.

World English Bible
God said moreover to Moses, "You shall tell the children of Israel this, 'Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations.

Exod 3:15 And Ylohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘ יהוה the Mighty One of your fathers, the Mighty One of Aḇraham, the Mighty One of Yitsḥaq, and the the Mighty One of Ya‛aqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’

Oh I get it, verse 15 disproves whatyou are trying to say... I see now. Why can we not just accept what is written?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Psalm 113:1-3, "Praise Yah! Praise, O servants of יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], Praise the Name of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Blessed be the Name of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], Now and forever! From the rising of the sun to its going down, The Name of [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]is praised.”[/FONT]
​
 
i am not telling you to call Him anything. you can call Him what ever you want. but me, im gonna call Him Dad because thats who He is personally to me. Do you call your earthly father by his name all the time? do you think he would like that? to me the answer to thos questions are no. He wants an intimate relationship with us, not a formal one.

As I said before, people re free to call Him what they want, I call Him Father, however, His name is YHWH, that is fact according to Scripture. He says to call His name, I dont see how that is wrong...

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal (Lord)."
​

​
BAAL (DEITY) [Hebrew - baal] . Canaanite storm and fertility god. The name, which means “lord, ” is an epithet of the god Hadad (lit. “thunderer” ). ​


Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of YHWH, and serve Him with one accord."


​
Hosheyah 2:16-17, "And it will be in that day, says YHWH: that you will call Me Ishi; (My Husband), and will no longer call Me Baali; (My Lord). For I will take away the names of Baalim (1168 - Ba'al) out of her mouth, and their names will no longer be called upon!"


Proverbs 30:4, "Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound up the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name? And what is the Name of His Son? Tell me, if you know!"


Exodus 34:5-7, "Then YHWH descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the Name of YHWH. YHWH passed in front of him, and proclaimed: YHWH, YHWH Almighty, merciful and compassionate, longsuffering, and abounding in righteousness and truth. Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity, and transgression, and sin; but by no means leaving unpunished those who are guilty; Who visits the sin of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and fourth generation."





Psalm 116:13, "We will take the cup of salvation, and we will call upon Your Name, O YHWH."
 
Last edited:
As I said before, people re free to call Him what they want, I call Him Father, however, His name is YHWH, that is fact according to Scripture. He says to call His name, I dont see how that is wrong...

​

do you have an NT verse where Jesus, let alone anyone calls to Him as YHWH? or says you have to address Him as YHWH? and there are three uses of the word baal to, each with different meaning.

 
do you have an NT verse where Jesus, let alone anyone calls to Him as YHWH? or says you have to address Him as YHWH? and there are three uses of the word baal to, each with different meaning.

It is IMO, clearly implied, if looked at honestly it cant be denied, again, IMO:

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."​

I have manifested Your Name (John) 17:6

I have come in My Father's Name (John) 5:43

Now this is the big one, if you know that Yahshua/Jesus broke pharisees law (which one was to never say YHWH)

Yahshua/Jesus literally quoted: Psalm 118:26, (Matt 23:39)
"Blessed be He Who comes in the Name of YHWH!.."


I love to call Him Father also! Just trying to provide truth my brother, He did call Him Father, and He also called Him by His name, YHWH:

Yahchanan (John) 17:6, "I have manifested Your Name to the men that You gave Me out of the world. They were yours, and You gave them to Me; and they have kept Your word."

Yahchanan (John) 5:43, "I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow."

Mattithyah 23:39, "For I say to you: From this moment you will not see Me, until you say: Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of YHWH!"

Yahshua/Jesus literally quoted: Psalm 118:26, "Blessed be He Who comes in the Name of YHWH!.."

and He said is as He stormed off the "Temple Mount"
(Bayith YHWY/House of YHWH)

Psalm 118:26 Blessed is He who is coming in the Name of יהוה ! We shall bless you from the House of יהוה.

then they killed Him, He won tho!
 
It is IMO, clearly implied, if looked at honestly it cant be denied, again, IMO:

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."​

I have manifested Your Name (John) 17:6

I have come in My Father's Name (John) 5:43

Now this is the big one, if you know that Yahshua/Jesus broke pharisees law (which one was to never say YHWH)

Yahshua/Jesus literally quoted: Psalm 118:26, (Matt 23:39)
"Blessed be He Who comes in the Name of YHWH!.."

give me three scripture where Jesus calls Him by the name YHWH.... that is not Him quoteing the OT. were HE personally speaks of Him....
 
give me three scripture where Jesus calls Him by the name YHWH.... that is not Him quoteing the OT. were HE personally speaks of Him....

So when Yahshua/Jesus quotes the OT that doesnt count? Really?

If you dont wantto see it, so be it.

But here it is one more time:

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."​

If YHWH is His name, and Yahshua/Jesus said "manifest His name" and "came in His name" What name was it? Bob?

Yahchanan (John) 17:6, "I have manifested Your Name to the men that You gave Me out of the world. They were yours, and You gave them to Me; and they have kept Your word."

Yahchanan (John) 5:43, "I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow."

But it was prophesied:

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal (Lord)."

These are elementary principles... http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...-follow-pharisee-rabbinical-judaism-laws.html

​
 
Lol, I see what you did here...

give me three scripture where Jesus calls Him by the name YHWH.... that is not Him quoteing the OT. were HE personally speaks of Him....



I have manifested Your Name
(John) 17:6

I have come in My Father's Name
(John) 5:43


Yahshua/Jesus literally quoted: Psalm 118:26, (Matt 23:39)
"Blessed be He Who comes in the Name of YHWH!.."

Lol, need 3, and can't be OT quote,...

th.jpg
 
Yahchanan (John) 5:43, "I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow."
 
Yahchanan (John) 5:43, "I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow."

no brother give me three verses where Jesus actually says "YHWH" as the fathers name...
 
So when Yahshua/Jesus quotes the OT that doesnt count? Really?

If you dont wantto see it, so be it.

But here it is one more time:

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."​

If YHWH is His name, and Yahshua/Jesus said "manifest His name" and "came in His name" What name was it? Bob?

Yahchanan (John) 17:6, "I have manifested Your Name to the men that You gave Me out of the world. They were yours, and You gave them to Me; and they have kept Your word."

Yahchanan (John) 5:43, "I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow."

But it was prophesied:


Hizikyah,

Here in the USA, I know there are a number of Congregations, not all of the Same denomination, who prefer to use the OT name for the LORD, Yahweh. Some are very good Churches, some are Psuedo Christian Cults, and a few are just plain old fashioned Religious Con-Artists. My cousin got mixed up with the later one in the Mid-West, USA, and they conned him out of his entire life savings. He can't retire now, as he does not have enough quarters in Social Security to qualify, because he was self employed most of his life. I say all that, so that you will understand, why many are leery of your beliefs.

Please tell us why you KNOW your Church is one of the good Churches and not one of the Cults or Con-games.

I have one more question about your Beliefs. Here in the USA, before the whitemen immigrants came, there were several Native American Indians tribes who were Monotheistic and worshiped
The Great Spirit, the Creator of everything that is. In your personal Beliefs, because they did not know HIM as YHWH, would you personally consider them SAVED or LOST?
 
Last edited:
. . .

I have one more question about your Beliefs. Here in the USA, before the whitemen immigrants came, there were several Native American Indians tribes who were Monotheistic and worshiped
The Great Spirit, the Creator of everything that is. In your personal Beliefs, because they did not know HIM as YHWH, would you personally consider them SAVED or LOST?


[video=youtube;pE4kYCtkKVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4kYCtkKVk[/video]
 
Hizikyah,

Here in the USA, I know there are a number of Congregations, not all of the Same denomination, who prefer to use the OT name for the LORD, Yahweh. Some are very good Churches, some are Psuedo Christian Cults, and a few are just plain old fashioned Religious Con-Artists. My cousin got mixed up with the later one in the Mid-West, USA, and they conned him out of his entire life savings. He can't retire now, as he does not have enough quarters in Social Security to qualify, because he was self employed most of his life. I say all that, so that you will understand, why many are leery of your beliefs.

I want to start by saying this post seems heart felt and not a "pot shot" like I feel many towards me are, so if that is correct, I want to say thank you for being honest and respectful.

I do not belong to any
denomination, church, congregation, etc. I fully consider myself a member of the body of Messiah;

Romans 12:3-5, "For by the unmerited mercy given to me, I say to everyone who is among you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought; but rather, think soberly, in accordance as YHWH has dealt to each one the measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, and all members do not have the same function, So we, being many, are one body in Messiah: and each one members, one belonging to another."

Phillipians 3:20, "But our citizenship is in heaven, out from which we also eagerly wait for our Ruler, Yahshua Messiah the King."


the OT name for the LORD, Yahweh.

There is no such thing as OT name. It is His name forever:

Exodus 3:14-15, "Then YHWH said to Mosheh: I am Who I am. And He said: This is what you are to say to the children of Israyl; the I am has sent me to you. YHWH also said to Mosheh: This also shall you say to the children of Israyl; YHWH, the Heavenly Father of your fathers, the Mighty One of Abraham, the Mighty One of Isaac, and the Mighty One of Yaaqob, has sent me to you. THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER-- and this is MY MEMORIAL: the Name by which I am to be remembered by, from generation to generation, for all generations."
​

Micahyah (Micah) 4:5, "For all people walk each in the name of his god (430 - elohim), but we will walk in the Name of YHWH (3068 - Yhvh) our Father forever and ever."
​

Now He may/Does seem to have a name that no man knows, but as far as what is revealed to us, this is His name. Who cares if I am right, your right, I am talking about seekingthe truth, no matter if it hurts or not. It is plainly stated, and I am not trying to be mean, but those who reject this are not rejecting what I say but rejecting what He says. Fact, no debate, no argument, no ifs, no ands, but it is a Scriptural fact.

Psalm 135:13, "Your Name, O YHWH, endures forever! Your memorial, O YHWH, is for all generations!


​
Please tell us why you KNOW your Church is one of the good Churches and not one of the Cults or Con-games.

Again, as surely as YHWH lives, I am not am not a member of any congregation on earth, and never have been, ever. I have attended a few, I have read their materials, but I read and study, talk to, debate, nearly anyone, on the net or in person. If they are a follower of Messiah Yahshua/Jesus Christ, I consider it fellowship. With that said, I know exactly what you are talking about, I have seen it in "Hebrew roots, "catholic" and "christian". But let us focus on what is said o be classified as "Hebrew roots", I have seen this, my thinking is hat because YHWH is His name, and yet so many reject it, and if you walk in most churches and say YHWH's or Yahshua's real name, you are near instantly disliked and/or cast out. Not to be mean, but it is impossible for His real name to be Jesus, the letter J is only 400 years old, and in the greek it's Iosus, yet I am hated for His name's sake. Now be honest with me, that is wrong, especially since those who do not use their real names say different names for different languages is OK, but all the sudden use the real names and it's so much a problem. People see this and seem to automatically assume that any who walk in the real names are somehow guaranteed to be in full truth, which is not always true in itself. For man is corruptible, but since there is that truth people seem to think they have found "the real congregation". The real congregation is not on earth, but in the heavens, it will ascend to earth as described in Revelation.



I have one more question about your Beliefs. Here in the USA, before the whitemen immigrants came, there were several Native American Indians tribes who were Monotheistic and worshiped
The Great Spirit, the Creator of everything that is. In your personal Beliefs, because they did not know HIM as YHWH, would you personally consider them SAVED or LOST?

One some native American tribes did say Yah, and I have met some personally that believe they are of the 12 tribes, and know the name YHWH. Now lets say they didnt, or anyone who dosent, first we are to judge between right and wrong, not a persons final judgment, as Yahshua/Jesus is the judge, any who try to take that role are in error. So all I can say is what I assume based off the word, not a final say, but what I assume according to the word.

1 – our language is corrupt -

World English Bible
For then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that they may all call on the name of Yahweh, to serve him shoulder to shoulder.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For I will then restore pure speech to the peoples so that all of them may call on the name of Yahweh and serve Him with a single purpose.

BoY
Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of YHWH, and serve Him with one accord."

ISR
Zeph 3:9 “For then I shall turn unto the peoples a clean lip, so that they all call on the Name of יהוה, to serve Him with one shoulder.


2 - The holy/set apart Spirit can translate for us -

Romans 8:26
ESV
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words

ISR
Rom 8:26 And in the same way the Spirit does help in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray, but the Spirit Himself pleads our case for us with groanings unutterable.

3 -Being monotheistic is not the matter at hand -

The Most High must be worshiped in the way He says, do I think IMO that people who never heard the name YHWH are doomed, no. Because one can be monotheistic and go against everything YHWH says, they are not worshiping YHWH, for Yahshua said it the best IMO: John (Yahanan) 14:6, "Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me."

John (Yahanan) 7:16-17, "Yahshua answered, them, and said: My doctrine is not Mine, but His Who sent Me. If any man will do His will, he will know about this teaching--whether it comes from YHWH, or whether I am speaking of My own authority." But do all saved people that will enter the kingdom have to somehow, someway do the will of YHWH, IMO YES! For I fully believe, Yahshua is the only way, and I believe YHWH's mercy is beyond our understanding. I also believe that His name is important, because HE SAYS IT IS over and over and over. Again I do not think this will bar one from entering, because when my life changed from worldly to the path of Yah, I had heard His name, but didn't use it, I literally prayed for Him to change me, "Father change me" and He did, it was about 6-7 years after I heard His name that I finally accepted it, but it was about 2-3 years after that prayer when I looked into it. I, IMO, see it as a puzzle piece of truth along the path that is His.

This is one of my most heart felt posts, and I ask that any that disagree with me take the time to read it.
​

 
I want to start by saying this post seems heart felt and not a "pot shot" like I feel many towards me are, so if that is correct, I want to say thank you for being honest and respectful.

I do not belong to any
denomination, church, congregation, etc. I fully consider myself a member of the body of Messiah;. . .

I am not sure I understood what all you said about the monotheistic tribes prior to being told about Jesus. Here is what I believe and WHY.


Romans 1:18-22 (HCSB)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth,
[SUP]19 [/SUP] since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP] For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse.
[SUP]21 [/SUP] For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened.
[SUP]22 [/SUP] Claiming to be wise, they became fools


Because HIS glory is written in everything He created, understanding HIS invisible attributes, HIS eternal power, and HIS divine nature, is way more important than knowing HIS correct name; therefore there had to be a remnant of true worshipers, who worshiped HIM because they LOVED HIM, even though they only knew Him as the Great Spirit the Creator.

As for your not being associated, with a Church, I want to encourage you to seek out a Congregation of like-minded believers; because in not doing so, you are cheating others out of being blessed by your spirit gifts. Our spiritual gifts are not for SELF, they are to be used to bless and encourage others. Likewise, you rob others of the Joy of not being able to bless you, by exercising their spirit gifts for you. That is why I think the "one another" verses were written. They show us how to use our spiritual gifts to bless and encourage others. Do a search for all verses that contain the phrase "one another", you may be surprised at how they apply to using our spiritual gifts.

Hebrews 10:23-25 (HCSB)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
[SUP]24 [/SUP] And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works,
[SUP]25 [/SUP] not staying away from our ⌊worship⌋ meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
 
I am not sure I understood what all you said about the monotheistic tribes prior to being told about Jesus. Here is what I believe and WHY.


Romans 1:18-22 (HCSB)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth,
[SUP]19 [/SUP] since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP] For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse.
[SUP]21 [/SUP] For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened.
[SUP]22 [/SUP] Claiming to be wise, they became fools


Because HIS glory is written in everything He created, understanding HIS invisible attributes, HIS eternal power, and HIS divine nature, is way more important than knowing HIS correct name; therefore there had to be a remnant of true worshipers, who worshiped HIM because they LOVED HIM, even though they only knew Him as the Great Spirit the Creator.

As for your not being associated, with a Church, I want to encourage you to seek out a Congregation of like-minded believers; because in not doing so, you are cheating others out of being blessed by your spirit gifts. Our spiritual gifts are not for SELF, they are to be used to bless and encourage others. Likewise, you rob others of the Joy of not being able to bless you, by exercising their spirit gifts for you. That is why I think the "one another" verses were written. They show us how to use our spiritual gifts to bless and encourage others. Do a search for all verses that contain the phrase "one another", you may be surprised at how they apply to using our spiritual gifts.

Hebrews 10:23-25 (HCSB)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
[SUP]24 [/SUP] And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works,
[SUP]25 [/SUP] not staying away from our ⌊worship⌋ meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Thank you brother. Just to quickly clarify, some native American tribes did and do use Yah/YHWH, also I was trying to say just because a religion is monotheistic does not make it of Yah, His path, His will, His way is what makes it of Him IMO. Just like people can make a religion "based" of the bible, but in reality is man made and thus not of Yah. I guess that goes without saying. Also I do seek to build others up upon the Rock, that is Messiah anytime I get a chance, anytime anyplace, believer or non-believer. I am not looking for a physical congregation as in a brick and mortar place to worship or fellowship. If I find one that is truly Yah based and Yah guides me there may it be so, otherwise it is not on my agenda. I truly do believe in the body of Messiah as followers of the Messiah here and there, scattered, I have met some in my travels, know some that I occasionally talk to, some I talk to frequently, but I see the entire earth as my "brick and mortar" congregation, some vessels for honor some for dishonor, some wheat some chaff. Im in full agreement with Hebrews 10:23-25, but again, the one another are; people here and there, people coming and going, people high and low, people strong and weak, etc.


Acts 20:28, "Therefore, be on guard for yourselves and the whole flock over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the called out ones of YHWH, which Yahshua has purchased with His own blood."
​


Colossians 3:14-16, "And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of YHWH rule in your hearts, to which you also were called into one body, and be thankful. Let the word of the Messiah; His teachings richly dwell in you, in all wisdom: teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with love in your hearts to YHWH."
​