How was the Covenant changed between the "Old" and "New" ?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The Father's name is Jesus.

Isa 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

The Father said He would reveal a new name to the Jews,and speak to them.

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

The Father and Son would share the same name.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Jesus came in His Father's name,which is Jesus.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

The Son inherited the name from the Father.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Ghost comes in the name of Jesus.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

If you have seen Jesus,you have seen the Father,and the Father spoke unto us in these last days by His Son,fulfilling Isaiah 52:5-6,therefore My people shall know My name,in that day they shall know that it is Me that does speak,behold it is I.

Jesus is the name of the Father,the new name He said He would reveal to the Jews,when He would also speak to them,and it is the Father in Jesus,He does the works.


Ummmmmmmmmmm, No. :rolleyes:
 
I respectfully honor you for what I see as you honoring His name by what you said. Not trying to debate it, but Yahshua does mention His Fathers name. Moving on... He is definitly more than a name, the most common way I address Him is Father Yah, then, YHWH, then YHWH Almighty, then the Most High. Earthly father usually dad, but if He saaid to call him by his name I would, YHWH say to use His name, so I see this as a false example. WIth that said YHWH also says to cal Him Father. I have never asked anyone to refrain from calling Him what they choose, I have been asked a number of times by people to not call Him by His real name. I have to say that, for it is fact.

much love brother, i respect the reverence you hold for Him as well and can for sure honor that. i see how you see it, i will still call on Him as Father but i see your ways, and in your heart it is a law.
 
The Father's name is Jesus.

Isa 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

The Father said He would reveal a new name to the Jews,and speak to them.

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

The Father and Son would share the same name.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Jesus came in His Father's name,which is Jesus.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

The Son inherited the name from the Father.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Ghost comes in the name of Jesus.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

If you have seen Jesus,you have seen the Father,and the Father spoke unto us in these last days by His Son,fulfilling Isaiah 52:5-6,therefore My people shall know My name,in that day they shall know that it is Me that does speak,behold it is I.

Jesus is the name of the Father,the new name He said He would reveal to the Jews,when He would also speak to them,and it is the Father in Jesus,He does the works.

3091. Yehoshua ►
Strong's Concordance
Yehoshua: "the LORD is salvation," Moses' successor, also the name of a number of Isr.
Original Word: יְהוֹשׁ֫וּעַ
Part of Speech: proper name, masculine; proper name, of a location; proper name
Transliteration: Yehoshua
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah)
Short Definition: Joshua
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from Yhvh and yasha

3068. Yhvh ►
Strong's Concordance
Yhvh: the proper name of the God of Israel
Original Word: יְהֹוָה
Part of Speech: Proper Name
Transliteration: Yhvh
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-vaw')
Short Definition: LORD

3467. yasha ►
Strong's Concordance
yasha: to deliver
Original Word: יָשַׁע
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: yasha
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-shah')
Short Definition: save

Definition
"the LORD is salvation," Moses' successor, also the name of a number of Isr.

Jesus's name is actually YHYW+the word for save so its still the same name technically...


[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]

​
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]


 
much love brother, i respect the reverence you hold for Him as well and can for sure honor that. i see how you see it, i will still call on Him as Father but i see your ways, and in your heart it is a law.

May Yah guide us in Yahshua/His Salvation!

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law (Torah) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."[/FONT]
 
May Yah guide us in Yahshua/His Salvation!

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law (Torah) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

That's right. Under the Old God said, "if you will". Under the New God says, "I will, I will, I will".
 
That's right. Under the Old God said, "if you will". Under the New God says, "I will, I will, I will".

Numbers 23:19-20, “YHWH is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should repent. What He has said, will He not do it? Or what He has spoken, will He not make it come to pass? Behold, I am commanded to bless; and when He has blessed, I cannot change it.”



Malakyah 3:6, “For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore you sons of Yaaqob are not consumed.”


Psalm 33:11 YHWH's counsel stands forever! The thoughts of His heart stand for all generations! Praise You, YHWH!”


Isayah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am YHWH, and there is none else; I am YHWH, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My a counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan.”


Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what that has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."
​
 
Numbers 23:19-20, “YHWH is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should repent. What He has said, will He not do it? Or what He has spoken, will He not make it come to pass? Behold, I am commanded to bless; and when He has blessed, I cannot change it.”



Malakyah 3:6, “For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore you sons of Yaaqob are not consumed.”


Psalm 33:11 YHWH's counsel stands forever! The thoughts of His heart stand for all generations! Praise You, YHWH!”


Isayah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am YHWH, and there is none else; I am YHWH, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My a counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan.”


Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what that has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."
​

Right. God does not change in who He is, He is perfect, He has no need to change. But He certainly can change what He does and how He does it. He is not limited to only acting as He has always acted in the past....as if He can never do a new thing.
 
Right. God does not change in who He is, He is perfect, He has no need to change. But He certainly can change what He does and how He does it. He is not limited to only acting as He has always acted in the past....as if He can never do a new thing.

No I think your missing the point of the Scriputures and my reason for posting them in this topic...

He knows the end from the neginning... Therefore He had it all planned from teh beginning, He knew Yahshua whas the Passover Lamb when/before He created earth.... That is whay Psalm 89 is so powerful IMO....
 
He was chosen before the creation of the world,
but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
 
1 Peter 1:20

He was chosen before the creation of the world,
but was revealed in these last times for your sake.


Eph 1:4 even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be set-apart and blameless before Him in love,
 
1 Peter 1:20

Eph 1:4 even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be set-apart and blameless before Him in love,
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [/FONT]Romans 8::1
 
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8::1

Not as gentle but of upmost importance when looking into truth:

1 Yahanan (John) 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."

We need abide in Him, and all is well:

John (Yahanan) 15:5-16, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, produces much fruit; but without Me, you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and letting My words; abide in you, you will ask what you will, and it will be done for you. In this is My Father glorified: when you produce much fruit; and in this way you become My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; continue in My love. If you keep My Commands, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's Commands, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be complete. This is My Command: Love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that one would lay down his life on behalf of his brothers.You are My brothers, if you do whatever I command you."
​

 
No I think your missing the point of the Scriputures and my reason for posting them in this topic...

He knows the end from the neginning... Therefore He had it all planned from teh beginning, He knew Yahshua whas the Passover Lamb when/before He created earth.... That is whay Psalm 89 is so powerful IMO....

And how does that "point" relate to my post that you were responding to??
 
Right. God does not change in who He is, He is perfect, He has no need to change. But He certainly can change what He does and how He does it. He is not limited to only acting as He has always acted in the past....as if He can never do a new thing.

No I think your missing the point of the Scriputures and my reason for posting them in this topic...

He knows the end from the neginning... Therefore He had it all planned from teh beginning, He knew Yahshua whas the Passover Lamb when/before He created earth.... That is whay Psalm 89 is so powerful IMO....

And how does that "point" relate to my post that you were responding to??

This part:

as if He can never do a new thing.

Just because the Jewish people, roamn people, whatever people didnt see it coming, does not mean He one day made a new plan, it is His plan from the beginning....

Numbers 23:19-20, “YHWH is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should repent. What He has said, will He not do it? Or what He has spoken, will He not make it come to pass? Behold, I am commanded to bless; and when He has blessed, I cannot change it.”



Malakyah 3:6, “For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore you sons of Yaaqob are not consumed.”


Psalm 33:11 YHWH's counsel stands forever! The thoughts of His heart stand for all generations! Praise You, YHWH!”


Isayah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am YHWH, and there is none else; I am YHWH, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My a counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan.”


Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what that has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."
 
And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the
Holy Spirit to them, just as He did to us.
He made no distinction
between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith.

Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the
disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able
to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus
that we are saved, just as they are."
Acts 15:8-11
 
Last edited:
This part:



Just because the Jewish people, roamn people, whatever people didnt see it coming, does not mean He one day made a new plan, it is His plan from the beginning....

Numbers 23:19-20, “YHWH is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should repent. What He has said, will He not do it? Or what He has spoken, will He not make it come to pass? Behold, I am commanded to bless; and when He has blessed, I cannot change it.”



Malakyah 3:6, “For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore you sons of Yaaqob are not consumed.”


Psalm 33:11 YHWH's counsel stands forever! The thoughts of His heart stand for all generations! Praise You, YHWH!”


Isayah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am YHWH, and there is none else; I am YHWH, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My a counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan.”


Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what that has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."

Of course. Is anything "new" to God? But His providing of the “New and Living Way" (Heb. 10:20) in the “New Covenant" (Heb. 9:15) was something new that He did. That it was always part of His plan does not negate its being a "new thing" done by Him.
 
Of course. Is anything "new" to God? But His providing of the “New and Living Way" (Heb. 10:20) in the “New Covenant" (Heb. 9:15) was something new that He did. That it was always part of His plan does not negate its being a "new thing" done by Him.


in the “New Covenant" (Heb. 9:15) was something new that He did.

Again, as Psalm 89 states, My covenant will stand fast with Him

Hebrews 9

11But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come,e then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.


15Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant 16For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive. 18Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. 19For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.” 21And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. 22Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. 23Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.


Again, as Psalm 89 states, My covenant will stand fast with Him

“New and Living Way" (Heb. 10:20)

Hebrews 10
19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 26For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 28Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Is the "Spirit of grace" insulted by repentance or by iniquity?

 
And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the
Holy Spirit to them, just as He did to us.
He made no distinction
between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith.

Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the
disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able
to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus
that we are saved, just as they are."
Acts 15:8-11

acts 15 is about gentiles entering a congegation, the beginning of repentance, not a lifewalk, the example of Yahshua/Jesus is our example of a life walk. For Paul says women should not speak in church, yet this is not called a yoke unbearable... and some manuscripts of Acts 15 have had words added to them.... very interesting indeed

John (Yahanan) 14:6, "Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me."​

Luke 6:46, "And why call Me; Ruler! Ruler! and do not the things which I say?"​
 




Again, as Psalm 89 states, My covenant will stand fast with Him

Hebrews 9

11But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come,e then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.


15Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant 16For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive. 18Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. 19For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.” 21And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. 22Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. 23Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.


Again, as Psalm 89 states, My covenant will stand fast with Him



Hebrews 10
19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 26For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 28Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Is the "Spirit of grace" insulted by repentance or by iniquity?



Hebrews 8:9 - "It will not be like the covenant, I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord."

Hebrews 8:13 - "By calling this covenant “new,” He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."
 
Hebrews 8:9 - "It will not be like the covenant, I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord."

Hebrews 8:13 - "By calling this covenant “new,” He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

And that is the point of this thread...

So what has changed?

Is do not murder obselete?

Is a physical priesthood obselete?

Is do not steal obeselte?