How We Can Tell If We Possess The Agape of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 3, 2019
In Matthew 24:12-13 KJV, Jesus contrasts two groups: (1) those that "shall endure to the end" and are "saved", and (2) the "many" who allow their love to grow cold because of widespread iniquity.
STOP!!!
At this time, please take a moment to acknowledge what you
and everyone else believes about these "many":
that they are the wicked who were never saved
and will end up lost

Except, that these "many" are indeed saints!

How do we know?

Jesus said their "love" (Greek: "AGAPE") would grow cold and only the saints can partake of "agape"!

How do we know?

John says the agape of God is demonstrated by the keeping of His commandments (1 John 5:3 KJV) while Paul says the wicked absolutely cannot keep God's commandments even if they wanted to (Romans 8:7 KJV)!!!

Now, at this time, you are reconsidering what you acknowledged a few seconds ago:
that the "many" whose agape grows cold and dead are going to be lost.

When you thought the "many" were the wicked, you had no problem understanding they would be lost
in contrast to those who will endure to the end and are saved,
but now that I've proven these "many" can't possibly be the "wicked" - but are saints who will end up lost -
you're now stumbling over yourself to find a way to make them "saved"
because of your preconceived belief in OSAS.

Shame on you. You know full well that we are never to approach the Bible with preconceived notions and search for texts that prop up our doctrine, but we are to pray for the Holy Spirit to "guide you into all truth", come what may. Well, what has come is the death of OSAS. What are you going to do about it?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well, what has come is the death of OSAS. What are you going to do about it?
Except that when Jesus cuts out and puts to death the evil Sin Nature from our Hearts, it is gone forever. And more, the Holy Spirit is given as a Promise, a Guarantee (a Guardian, like the Old Law) to ensure Holy Salvation.

Colossians 2:11 KJV - "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ . . ."

Colossians 2:15 KJV - 15 "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

Ephesians 1:13-14 ESV - "In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

I love what the Bible has to say about these things. I have been Circumcised by Christ and in that process, the Devil has been defeated. And what is more . . . I have been given the Indwelling Holy Spirit to ensure that I will never possess evil thinking that would cause me to ever turn or rebel. I have been Transformed.

Romans 12:2 ESV - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
In Matthew 24:12-13 KJV, Jesus contrasts two groups: (1) those that "shall endure to the end" and are "saved", and (2) the "many" who allow their love to grow cold because of widespread iniquity.
STOP!!!
and will end up lost

How do we know?

Jesus said their "love" (Greek: "AGAPE") would grow cold and only the saints can partake of "agape"!

How do we know?

John says the agape of God is demonstrated by the keeping of His commandments (1 John 5:3 KJV) while Paul says the wicked absolutely cannot keep God's commandments even if they wanted to (Romans 8:7 KJV)!!!

Now, at this time, you are reconsidering what you acknowledged a few seconds ago:

When you thought the "many" were the wicked, you had no problem understanding they would be lost
but now that I've proven these "many" can't possibly be the "wicked" - but are saints who will end up lost -

Shame on you. You know full well that we are never to approach the Bible with preconceived notions and search for texts that prop up our doctrine, but we are to pray for the Holy Spirit to "guide you into all truth", come what may. Well, what has come is the death of OSAS. What are you going to do about it?
so, does your church ( which you have said that does not tolerate sinners) do ANYTHING other than bash osas??

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Dear @2ndTimothyGroup ,
I am both sorrowful and happy for you bc of the journey you are about to undertake!
I have saved loved one that have passed before me and I look forward to my time of peace,of reunion and of laying down the battle to stand before the God who loved me and gave himself in my stead!

Be sure your house is in order,make peace and forgiveness with all as you enter you last phase,enduring to the end!

May he bring comfort and peace to you and yours,
Love Gardenias

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
We know we possess the agape love if we can show a sick dying world the agape love of the Father.
Greater love hath no man except a man lay down his life for another!
We must surrender our ALL unto him,let him love through us.

There will be many saints whom didn't surrender their all but clung to this temporal house of clay and it's makings! Those who will not endure unto the end,their last breath will not be saved.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
because of your preconceived belief in OSAS.​
What is OSAS? is it "Once saved always saved"?

So You have Philippians 1:6:
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

How can you have confidence in salvation if it is in your own hands?

But then you have a verse like this 1 Timothy 4:1
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

How can one abandon the faith if they were never in it to begin with?

And finally you have a verse like this 1 Timothy 3:9
They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.

So here is the conclusion: The faith we have is a mystery. How it works we do not understand, at least not fully.

Now some have different opinions and takes on how the faith works based on their incomplete understanding.
And so whatever one holds, hold it with a clear conscience.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Dear @2ndTimothyGroup ,
I am both sorrowful and happy for you bc of the journey you are about to undertake!
I have saved loved one that have passed before me and I look forward to my time of peace,of reunion and of laying down the battle to stand before the God who loved me and gave himself in my stead!

Be sure your house is in order,make peace and forgiveness with all as you enter you last phase,enduring to the end!

May he bring comfort and peace to you and yours,
Love Gardenias
Aww . . . thank you so much! I am absolutely ready to meet Christ face to face! I have felt the Lord's Raw, Almighty Power already, and I know that He Knows me. The Lord sees me and filled me with His Holy Peace and Love . . . wow, I wish I could feel that again! The Peace and Love that IS God, was so strong that if the Lord had shown me more of it, it would have altered my physical being somehow. Truly, I can testify that no human can stand before God and live. I know that my flesh cannot endure the Pure Presence of the Lord. So . . . I know that regardless of what happens to me . . . I am going to be fine, even if I am chopped from the toes up one inch at a time until I bleed out, I will be just fine!

The ability to forgive has been granted and understood. It is the most simple concept; I can't believe how simple it is. All humans are welcome to talk to me about past things that I have done; my doors are closed to no one. My heart is always open. Thanks again!

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Aww . . . thank you so much! I am absolutely ready to meet Christ face to face! I have felt the Lord's Raw, Almighty Power already, and I know that He Knows me. The Lord sees me and filled me with His Holy Peace and Love . . . wow, I wish I could feel that again! The Peace and Love that IS God, was so strong that if the Lord had shown me more of it, it would have altered my physical being somehow. Truly, I can testify that no human can stand before God and live. I know that my flesh cannot endure the Pure Presence of the Lord. So . . . I know that regardless of what happens to me . . . I am going to be fine, even if I am chopped from the toes up one inch at a time until I bleed out, I will be just fine!

The ability to forgive has been granted and understood. It is the most simple concept; I can't believe how simple it is. All humans are welcome to talk to me about past things that I have done; my doors are closed to no one. My heart is always open. Thanks again!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
STOP!!!
and will end up lost

How do we know?

How do we know?

I strain my eyes looking for a little love in any of your posts, God's people [alas] are famous for falling back from their first love, God is forever wooing them back. He draws His backslidden children to Himself with cords of love.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.

I'm sorry that wasn't what I wanted to send.

How totally awesome for you!
Your place will remain vacant.
Enjoy your sleep until we meet again,when he calls us all!💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I'm sorry that wasn't what I wanted to send.

How totally awesome for you!
Your place will remain vacant.
Enjoy your sleep until we meet again when he calls us all!💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
My friend . . . I'm pretty sure that I'm going to live. :D But if I should die . . . great! :)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

My face was lit up radiant for days when I got saved, people used to stagger back and blurt out their innermost thoughts like "I know I've done enough to get into the pearly gates" ...."but have you been born again?" I used to reply. yass those were the days ..... the Lord is still my constant Companion.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
My face was lit up radiant for days when I got saved, people used to stagger back and blurt out their innermost thoughts like "I know I've done enough to get into the pearly gates" ...."but have you been born again?" I used to reply. yass those were the days ..... the Lord is still my constant Companion.
I am most proud to know you, Billy.

Aug 3, 2019
so, does your church ( which you have said that does not tolerate sinners) do ANYTHING other than bash osas??
This post is about how we can tell we have the agape of God (1 John 5:3 KJV), which the "many" saints of Matthew 24:12 KJV absolutely once had warm and alive within them before it turned cold and dead and they wound up lost. How about we discuss that?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
This post is about how we can tell we have the agape of God (1 John 5:3 KJV), which the "many" saints of Matthew 24:12 KJV absolutely once had warm and alive within them before it turned cold and dead and they wound up lost. How about we discuss that?

i honestly do not think it is possible for you to have Bible discussion without bashing osas.

but, this is your thread, so i am out....

Aug 3, 2019
I strain my eyes looking for a little love in any of your posts, God's people [alas] are famous for falling back from their first love, God is forever wooing them back. He draws His backslidden children to Himself with cords of love.
Read Leviticus 19:17 KJV and you'll see how much love my posts contain.

What you OSAS folks do is promote the worst kind of hate there is: the kind that leads others to trust in a false doctrine dressed up in the splendid apparel of Christ's love.

Aug 3, 2019
i honestly do not think it is possible for you to have Bible discussion without bashing osas.

but, this is your thread, so i am out....
You're out because you can't disprove the OP, which is the death of OSAS. If you could, you'd do it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
STOP!!!
and will end up lost

How do we know?

How do we know?

1 John 5:3 does not say that only the saints can partake of agape. Rather, it says that it is the agape of God that we keep His commandments.

Romans 8:7 does not say "the wicked absolutely cannot keep God's commandments even if they wanted to". Rather, it says that the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God.

Matthew 24:13 does not say anything about those who allow their love to grow cold. Rather, it says that "because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold".

You have no case, because you are making an argument not on what Scripture actually says, but on your reinterpreted version thereof. Next time, start by tossing your preconceived notions in the trash, read and consider the actual text of Scripture, and rethink your position in light of it.