How's your day been?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

G'day guys, how's your day been?

Mine's been pretty laid back...gym in the morning, cafe for coffee, a wee bit of shopping, put up a solar security light on the shed, more shopping, more coffee, now winding down. Cat needs to be fed soon, then to cook up something for myself for dinner. All the while grateful for God's blessing, and hoping I can pay Him back in some way by doing good.

I hope you have had a good one. Feel free to describe yours please, for other than the times I get to chat with the Father, mine can be a bit mundane. Shalom, Tony 🙂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So far today has been good. I always get up early, check the forum, Skype groups and a few select comics, eat breakfast, play a video game and generally enjoy the day.

In a few minutes though, I'm going to my job. From there on I expect the day to go downhill. :cautious:

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
I've ate breakfast, read, read some more, drank more coffee, caught up with the news, pondered a few things, etc...

C

ChristianTonyB

So far today has been good. I always get up early, check the forum, Skype groups and a few select comics, eat breakfast, play a video game and generally enjoy the day.

In a few minutes though, I'm going to my job. From there on I expect the day to go downhill. :cautious:
Thanks for sharing Lynx. Sounds like you are an early bird, I envy you. What's your job?

C

ChristianTonyB

I've ate breakfast, read, read some more, drank more coffee, caught up with the news, pondered a few things, etc...
Cheers Rod, thanks for sharing. What are you reading?

What are the main topics in the news in the US at the mo?

We have a Federal/National election coming up in Oz, so there will be a lot of political argy bargy going on between the polies and their supporting media outlets over the next month which I find a tad debilitating.

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
Cheers Rod, thanks for sharing. What are you reading?

What are the main topics in the news in the US at the mo?

We have a Federal/National election coming up in Oz, so there will be a lot of political argy bargy going on between the polies and their supporting media outlets over the next month which I find a tad debilitating.
What am I reading?.. I've been reading a lot about what was going on behind the scenes in Jerusalem and Rome during the early history of the church (66-70AD). Most of that is from Josephus writings. It was a hard time for the believers of that time period. My Bible reading is in the Psalms.

News?.. Ukraine, inflation, political parties pointing fingers at each other. They both are at fault.

I'll put on my tin foil hat for a moment...
Personally, I'm expecting even higher prices and food shortages in the stores. I've been buying a little extra each time I go grocery shopping. Hopefully, it's just nothing and passes by.
...Removes ton foil hat

J

JAPOV

Well, hey there Tony! Tin Can Bay sounds fun! Doesn't sound like you're in "lock down" lol.
Nothing but the rent, taxes, and political banter going on here as well lol. Same old Same old everywhere I guess. Do they have good oysters and shrimp in Oz? :cool:

C

ChristianTonyB

Well, hey there Tony! Tin Can Bay sounds fun! Doesn't sound like you're in "lock down" lol.
Nothing but the rent, taxes, and political banter going on here as well lol. Same old Same old everywhere I guess. Do they have good oysters and shrimp in Oz? :cool:
Hi Japov. It's a pretty laid back scene here. Fairly small community, mostly older demographic but more young families moving in to escape the push and shove of cities to the south.

Can pick up the odd oyster, great mud crabs, heaps of shrimp (called prawns in Oz), great fishing here too. I bought myself a little second hand tinny (small aluminium boat) a while ago so I can get out onto the Bay and get stuck into the bigguns (that's my theory 🙄).

Yes, I think politics is the same no matter where you tread in the wider west.

How about in the 'Sweet Home' territory, how are the chicken and wings going? 😎

C

ChristianTonyB

What am I reading?.. I've been reading a lot about what was going on behind the scenes in Jerusalem and Rome during the early history of the church (66-70AD). Most of that is from Josephus writings. It was a hard time for the believers of that time period. My Bible reading is in the Psalms.

News?.. Ukraine, inflation, political parties pointing fingers at each other. They both are at fault.

I'll put on my tin foil hat for a moment...
Personally, I'm expecting even higher prices and food shortages in the stores. I've been buying a little extra each time I go grocery shopping. Hopefully, it's just nothing and passes by.
...Removes ton foil hat
Prices have shot up here too, across the board. Cost of housing has jumped dramatically to obscene levels IMO, and grocery and vehicle prices seem to have jumped up anywhere between 10-30%. Fuel has dropped a bit from its $2.20 aud per litre (about $13 US per gal) about a fortnight ago, to about a $1.90, but is expected to jump up again.

I realise there are imposts from the applications of the law of supply and demand involved here, but it's also hard not to believe that there is a fair amount of price gouging going on, the greedy grubs!

I keep my pantry well stocked up by buying specials when they come up, and have a power generator on standby for any longish supply or power outages so I can at least provide food and lighting to the household (me and the cat).

I'm reading Jeremiah and Matthew at the moment. I can't help but compare some of the happenings in my life to the prophecies God made through Jeremiah about Israel and Jacob, and those that oppressed them. He seems to allow me to come under oppression, expecting me to 'Jesus up' (I mean that respectfully) and take the trial on the chin, but IMO I tend to react a bit like a spoilt child that has had his toys taken away from Him. I find it hard to measure His graciousness towards me, and that He still persists with this spoilt child. Anyway, I've seen Him over and over again eventually punish in some shape or form those that have oppressed me....just like He did, in a way, to Babylon.

J

JAPOV

It may get worse before it gets better, but God keeps His promises.
At least we have something to look forward to :cool:

J

JAPOV

I'm on the Tennessee river, those are Bama Bluecats! And yes, that's my size 10 ;)
Every now and then I hook into a mess of crappi!

C

ChristianTonyB

It may get worse before it gets better, but God keeps His promises.
At least we have something to look forward to :cool:
Yes mate, I'm just happy to make Heaven, please Lord 🙏

C

ChristianTonyB

I'm on the Tennessee river, those are Bama Bluecats! And yes, that's my size 10 ;)
Those 'cats can grow up to awful big sizes... I suspect the smaller ones are the best eating of course. Our fresh water catfish are OK to eat providing they're fished out of flowing streams... gotta watch the spine on their backs though, get jabbed by one of those and it's off to hospital.

I've got this theory that the local fish have their scouts out and when they see me coming they bribe their junky brothers to jump to the front of the queue 😕

J

JAPOV

Those 'cats can grow up to awful big sizes... I suspect the smaller ones are the best eating of course. Our fresh water catfish are OK to eat providing they're fished out of flowing streams... gotta watch the spine on their backs though, get jabbed by one of those and it's off to hospital.

I've got this theory that the local fish have their scouts out and when they see me coming they bribe their junky brothers to jump to the front of the queue 😕
Well... I've certainty caught more fish with patience than skill lol :)
I'm a seafood nut! I could probably eat my weight in prawns :p

C

ChristianTonyB

My wee boat. Paid $2400 aud for it, spent a few hundred more on it since. I can't get her up onto the plane unless I was going down a waterfall, so I either had to lose a heap of weight or sit further forward. Decided that sitting further forward is the easier option. I found an old mop handle with a flexible head so I've fixed it to the tiller handle for extra length that will help me get the centre of gravity happening better. I've replaced the zip ties with three stainless ubolts for strength. Looks a bit crass, but should help. 😎

Tinny Tiller Extension.png