Humming birds

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jamie1970

Jul 11, 2018
I have had them come to my door and now they are landing on my head. What does it mean? I have look all over the web and don’t want to ask anyone at church in case it turns out to be a bird protecting some thing of his. Is there anyone who understands this humming bird’s interest in me.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have had them come to my door and now they are landing on my head. What does it mean? I have look all over the web and don’t want to ask anyone at church in case it turns out to be a bird protecting some thing of his. Is there anyone who understands this humming bird’s interest in me.
They like you, and the landing is their way of saying thank you. I had a humming bird in the Rockies that would come up to my nose and over about a 162 inch away. At first I thought it was an enormous bumble bee, but it came back every morning abut the same time and went around my campsite to various wild flowers, but it always came up to my nose to say good morning

They are quite incredible in their own right......Praise God..

PS..are you fair haired?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Humming birds do NOT land on people's heads..

Jamie1970

Jul 11, 2018
They like you, and the landing is their way of saying thank you. I had a humming bird in the Rockies that would come up to my nose and over about a 162 inch away. At first I thought it was an enormous bumble bee, but it came back every morning abut the same time and went around my campsite to various wild flowers, but it always came up to my nose to say good morning

They are quite incredible in their own right......Praise God..

PS..are you fair haired?
No I have brown hair.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have had similar experiences with birds here, and just this year I have hummingbirds visiting my yard regularly.
I know, and have seen and discussed this with spiritual Christians I know, how G-d responds to us as we respond to and fellowship with Him.
This year, just got home from church one Sunday and had filled the bird feeders, something buzzed by and landed on the clothesline, a ruby throated hummingbird, he looked at the 4 feeders I had just filled for the other birds, then he turned and looked at me, then took off, I got the message and got a feeder, made the nectar and put it out for him, didn't
see it being used at first, was watching the feeders once and asked the Lord to bring them around, quite quickly one showed up and now I have several for which I give thanks.
I would take your experience as His love and pleasure toward you.
Ephesians 3-5
But to him who is more than almighty to do for us and is greater than what we ask or imagine, according to his power that is active in us,

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
oops! Ephesians 3-20

Feb 28, 2016
yes, humming-birds are very special - hub and I have had them visit us on a regular basis
for many years - they are seasonal and come back every year, often extremely close to
where we are sitting when out side - they are extremely fond of 'shrimp plants' and
many other nectar filled trees around our home...we would never put out processed sugar
or dye in a feeder...

also, the chickidees will often have no problem landing on a person's head-arm-hand
if you feed them close to where you sit on a regular basis...

we're always amazed at how many lovely things our Heavenly Father thinks of in order
to bring us simple pleasures...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
yes indeed, He is willing to do far beyond what we ask.

Jamie1970

Jul 11, 2018
I have had similar experiences with birds here, and just this year I have hummingbirds visiting my yard regularly.
I know, and have seen and discussed this with spiritual Christians I know, how G-d responds to us as we respond to and fellowship with Him.
This year, just got home from church one Sunday and had filled the bird feeders, something buzzed by and landed on the clothesline, a ruby throated hummingbird, he looked at the 4 feeders I had just filled for the other birds, then he turned and looked at me, then took off, I got the message and got a feeder, made the nectar and put it out for him, didn't
see it being used at first, was watching the feeders once and asked the Lord to bring them around, quite quickly one showed up and now I have several for which I give thanks.
I would take your experience as His love and pleasure toward you.
Ephesians 3-5
But to him who is more than almighty to do for us and is greater than what we ask or imagine, according to his power that is active in us,
Yeah well I nothing special but I will take the love from God. I will let you know if anything comes of it.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You are special enough that Jesus would have come to earth, lived His sinless life, and gone to the cross for only you.
The adversary would have us all believe we are not special to our Creator.
Bless you, in Jesus Name

7seasrekeyed

Humming birds do NOT land on people's heads..

well actually they land pretty much anywhere

and there are many vids on youtube and fb that show hummers landing on people's hands etc

we've had hummers do all kinds of things

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yep, and what a blessing and gift it is! If we don't move, they don't know what we are, go out and sit still for about 20 minutes and some critter will come and try to figure out what you are.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Humming birds are the only bird that can fly backward.
Why all the attention? They like you. :) Or, maybe if there's no feeders in your area or blooming flowers they're flirting so that you'll put in hummingbird feeders. Get the food that doesn't have dye. It looks like plain water. It's healthier for them. If you chose to feed them that is.

Blessings.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
No way that little dude was evolved from a primordial soup.
Thank you for the post.
I think mine have headed south, they were really tanking up over the last few days, no I don't see any.
Midwest here

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
oops, they are still here