Hung Up?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

88

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2016
3,517
77
48
If your hung up---too focused on certain "doctrines"---this is probably a sign you are preaching ideas verses Christ...Riding a horse that's going nowhere is foolish... Grace and Peace
 
Your message would be more effective if you limited it to one or two threads instead of creating a new thread for each of your topics. They're all similar. You can call it your proverbial thoughts or something like that.
 
[video=youtube;pz1q50Q91I4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1q50Q91I4[/video]
 
If your hung up---too focused on certain "doctrines"---this is probably a sign you are preaching ideas verses Christ...Riding a horse that's going nowhere is foolish... Grace and Peace

I don't even have a horse.

This is all so confusing.
 
Keep the doctrines---just get rid of the hang ups...
 
DEU. 32: 1-2-3-4.

Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of My mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, My speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain
upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Because I will publish The Name of The LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
He is The Rock, His Work is perfect: for all His ways are Judgment: a God of Truth and without iniquity, J
Just and Right is He.
 
Over focus on a doctrine---strife---dividing over non essentials---over emphasizing a doctrine to the exclusion of doctrines which balance it---displaying a superior spirit---false doctrine--ect. Grace and Peace
 
Over focus on a doctrine---strife---dividing over non essentials---over emphasizing a doctrine to the exclusion of doctrines which balance it---displaying a superior spirit---false doctrine--ect. Grace and Peace

I think you need to be more specific, which doctrines do you believe are false? Which ones are nonessentials? Which ones are overemphasized? Which ones display a superior spirit? I think the telegram type of posting is not communicating exactly what you wish to communicate.
 
My first though on this:

1 Timothy 1:3-4 New King James Version (NKJV)


No Other Doctrine
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.

Really, it is shocking how petty some of the stuff Christians tend to argue about is. Reading in this bible study forum, it baffles me on the trivial things that are argued about to the point where it is, basically, unreadable. If I was a non-Christian and read some of the posts here I would run the other way.

Good example is the rapture. Whether the rapture exists or doesn't has no baring on salvation. As a result, it seems like a waste of energy to dwell and argue about its existence/non-existence. I personally couldn't care less either way -- if I get to avoid tribulation great if not I will be steadfast -- either way glory to God.
 
If your hung up---too focused on certain "doctrines"---this is probably a sign you are preaching ideas verses Christ...Riding a horse that's going nowhere is foolish... Grace and Peace

Hi 88,

Actually being focused on 'true' doctrines is preaching Christ.

Here's what Paul told Timothy under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

1 Timothy 4:16

Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.