Hunger Composed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Sometimes, I get the urge to write, in such a way that can be described as inward hunger, a calling; When I follow through doing so, my soul is fed, taking my senses to heightened places.

Do I want to be read, to reach the inner dwellings of a reader, to connect with the essence of another? Of course I do. Otherwise, I suppose the practice of my words trickled would be for my eyes only. I confess that I think that the itch for a release of thoughts in this manner is so satisfying. I think, though, that the connection experienced is not just a union established with the eyes of another person. Sincerely, it is surreal. I take no credit for it, none whatsoever, for it isn't my doing, but His. I feel a divine connection, a tapping into heavenly places. I am brought to tears as I reflect on this gift He gives so generously. The tangible quenching embarks on a meeting of greater places, both known and unknown.

I take great pleasure exploring the minds of others. I also derive much joy traveling through the thoughts He seems to brings me. His delivery is so eloquent and tickles my drive to continue, to partake in the banquet of words that seem to dance before me..

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16 NASB

How fulfilling is the abundance of Him.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
The creative force behind all great art, all great drama, all great music, all great architecture, all great writing is passion. Nothing great is ever accomplished in life without passion. Nothing great is ever sustained in life without passion. Passion is what energizes life. Passion makes the impossible possible. Passion gives you a reason to get up in the morning and go, "I’m going to do something with my life today." Without passion life becomes boring. It becomes monotonous. It becomes routine. It becomes dull. God created you with the emotions to have passion in your life and He wants you to live a passionate life. Passion is what mobilizes armies into action. Passion is what causes explorers to boldly go where no man’s gone before. Passion is what causes scientists to spend late night hours trying to find the cure to a dreaded disease. Passion is what takes a good athlete and turns him or her into a great athlete where they’re breaking records. You’ve got to have passion in your life.

One day a man walks up to Jesus and he says, "Lord, what’s the most important thing in the Bible?" And you know what the Great Commandment is. We’ve talked about it many times. Jesus said, "I want you to love God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. Nothing matters more than that. That’s the number one thing in life. I want you to love Me passionately." Nothing else matters in life if you don’t love God passionately. God doesn’t want you to love Him half-heartedly. He wants you to love Him with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind and all your strength.

"Jesus said, ’Love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy." Circle the word "passion". (Mark 11:30) - That word, in Greek, is the word "heart." God is saying I want you to put some muscle into it, put some energy, put some emotion into your relationship with Me. Don’t be a wimp about your relationship with Me. Don’t be namby-pamby. Don’t be half-hearted. Give it all you’ve got. Jesus is saying, "If you’re going to follow Me, you’ve got to go it with passion. You’ve got to give it some oomph, some spark, some zip, some enthusiasm, some zest. I want you to live passionately - fully abandoned."

In fact, this truth is all through the Bible. The Bible tells us that we’re to seek God passionately. We’re to love God passionately. The Bible says that we’re to serve and obey God passionately. We’re to trust God passionately. Then as if you didn’t get the message, in (Colossians 3:23) He says "Whatever you do, do it with all of your heart as unto the Lord and not unto men." He says I want you to do everything passionately when it comes to loving Me, serving Me, living for Me.

There is His passion found in us and yet we must also watch and guard our hearts from egocentric self-righteousness from our words written and spoken as well. This God also talks about in His Word. But that is for another post to endeavor. Suffice it to say - passion is what we need to gain in character for it is the passion of Christ that compels me as well - whether by the written word, or by voice, or by my behavior, or by any means of testimony of the hope I have in Christ..

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The creative force behind all great art, all great drama, all great music, all great architecture, all great writing is passion. Nothing great is ever accomplished in life without passion. Nothing great is ever sustained in life without passion. Passion is what energizes life. Passion makes the impossible possible. Passion gives you a reason to get up in the morning and go, "I’m going to do something with my life today." Without passion life becomes boring. It becomes monotonous. It becomes routine. It becomes dull. God created you with the emotions to have passion in your life and He wants you to live a passionate life. Passion is what mobilizes armies into action. Passion is what causes explorers to boldly go where no man’s gone before. Passion is what causes scientists to spend late night hours trying to find the cure to a dreaded disease. Passion is what takes a good athlete and turns him or her into a great athlete where they’re breaking records. You’ve got to have passion in your life.

One day a man walks up to Jesus and he says, "Lord, what’s the most important thing in the Bible?" And you know what the Great Commandment is. We’ve talked about it many times. Jesus said, "I want you to love God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. Nothing matters more than that. That’s the number one thing in life. I want you to love Me passionately." Nothing else matters in life if you don’t love God passionately. God doesn’t want you to love Him half-heartedly. He wants you to love Him with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind and all your strength.

"Jesus said, ’Love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy." Circle the word "passion". (Mark 11:30) - That word, in Greek, is the word "heart." God is saying I want you to put some muscle into it, put some energy, put some emotion into your relationship with Me. Don’t be a wimp about your relationship with Me. Don’t be namby-pamby. Don’t be half-hearted. Give it all you’ve got. Jesus is saying, "If you’re going to follow Me, you’ve got to go it with passion. You’ve got to give it some oomph, some spark, some zip, some enthusiasm, some zest. I want you to live passionately - fully abandoned."

In fact, this truth is all through the Bible. The Bible tells us that we’re to seek God passionately. We’re to love God passionately. The Bible says that we’re to serve and obey God passionately. We’re to trust God passionately. Then as if you didn’t get the message, in (Colossians 3:23) He says "Whatever you do, do it with all of your heart as unto the Lord and not unto men." He says I want you to do everything passionately when it comes to loving Me, serving Me, living for Me.

There is His passion found in us and yet we must also watch and guard our hearts from egocentric self-righteousness from our words written and spoken as well. This God also talks about in His Word. But that is for another post to endeavor. Suffice it to say - passion is what we need to gain in character for it is the passion of Christ that compels me as well - whether by the written word, or by voice, or by my behavior, or by any means of testimony of the hope I have in Christ..
I'm with you, except with regards to the word Passion. Maybe u could help me understand...

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Galatians 5:24 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/gal.5.24.NASB

No, my response is not confrontational just curious what u think as to what u expressed and that scripture. I am thinking the word and concept of passion becomes corrupt without Him or holy with Him.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I'm with you, except with regards to the word Passion. Maybe u could help me understand...

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Galatians 5:24 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/gal.5.24.NASB

No, my response is not confrontational just curious what u think as to what u expressed and that scripture. I am thinking the word and concept of passion becomes corrupt without Him or holy with Him.

Passion by definition is simply involvement fully invested in by our emotions. The passage you quoted is involved in two things: desires (which involve lustfulness) and the emotional acclamations which trail them in association to sinful desires. It is not the passion alone which is sinful but the passion for the wrongful desires.

(1 Corinthians 10:31): ... The Voice (VOICE)
31 Whatever you do—whether you eat or drink or not—do it all to the glory of God!

This is also passion. Yet we are passionate and emotionally involved in the goodness of Christ here.

I hope this helps you understand the difference between passion set apart for goodness in Christ; and wrongful passions set apart from God resulting in evil and death. Hence, passion as I place it to mean simply refers to enthusiasm for the things God has enthusiasm for and has placed in me by heart and mind via the Holy Spirit and my obedience to Him thru Righteousness.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Passion by definition is simply involvement fully invested in by our emotions. The passage you quoted is involved in two things: desires (which involve lustfulness) and the emotional acclamations which trail them in association to sinful desires. It is not the passion alone which is sinful but the passion for the wrongful desires.

(1 Corinthians 10:31): ... The Voice (VOICE)
31 Whatever you do—whether you eat or drink or not—do it all to the glory of God!

This is also passion. Yet we are passionate and emotionally involved in the goodness of Christ here.

I hope this helps you understand the difference between passion set apart for goodness in Christ; and wrongful passions set apart from God resulting in evil and death. Hence, passion as I place it to mean simply refers to enthusiasm for the things God has enthusiasm for and has placed in me by heart and mind via the Holy Spirit and my obedience to Him thru Righteousness.
Yes, I see the difference. Thanks oh so very much for taking the time to show me the difference. U r gifted with communication and words.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Yes, I see the difference. Thanks oh so very much for taking the time to show me the difference. U r gifted with communication and words.

I am gifted with Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, as He gifts so shall I place it at His feet in passionate love for His purposes and intentions to be served. May He receive the glory from all His Children.

Amen!! - let us sing His praises! (I'm singing if you can't hear me - LOL).

slave

Mar 20, 2015
CharliRenee - If I might ask: "What has God given you to write lately?" What passion and compassion burns within you - moving your spirit by His Spirit?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
CharliRenee - If I might ask: "What has God given you to write lately?" What passion and compassion burns within you - moving your spirit by His Spirit?
I was thinking, it has been a few days since I partook in the passion to pursue my Lord, in this manner. I am pondering, lol. I appreciate your asking.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I was thinking, it has been a few days since I partook in the passion to pursue my Lord, in this manner. I am pondering, lol. I appreciate your asking.

Pray and ponder for your gift is waiting to be used by Him. What would He have you use it for - I too ponder and pray for you! Exciting isn't it? He has a plan for you - His plan in accordance with His will - talk about a WOW FACTOR! LOL :).

slave

Mar 20, 2015
God has made obedience to Him - to feed our soul. When God develops our senses and feelings in Spiritual Truth - Oh, there is much to write about in that - yes?!. I look forward to your future proclivities in His writings thru you. May God richly bless you inasmuch as our death gives way to His life found in us as His Children. May He receive the glory. Amen.

Now you have me excited about what it is you will write next - for we all need to be encouraged and edified and felt refreshed and renewed by a good oracle of passion based on the good news of hope based on the reality of His Word....(y):) May God move your inner hunger to inner holiness giving way to you letting go and letting God. May you bear much fruit as He places in your heart the things that will move us all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
God has made obedience to Him - to feed our soul. When God develops our senses and feelings in Spiritual Truth - Oh, there is much to write about in that - yes?!. I look forward to your future proclivities in His writings thru you. May God richly bless you inasmuch as our death gives way to His life found in us as His Children. May He receive the glory. Amen.

Now you have me excited about what it is you will write next - for we all need to be encouraged and edified and felt refreshed and renewed by a good oracle of passion based on the good news of hope based on the reality of His Word....(y):) May God move your inner hunger to inner holiness giving way to you letting go and letting God. May you bear much fruit as He places in your heart the things that will move us all.
You are a pleasure to read, tyou for honoring me with ur time and words. To God I thank for u.