Husband lied about his religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
I am having a hard time with my marriage
My husband lied to me about his religion
He is a muslim and my heart is filled with anger and I feel that I have been betrayed. I don't know how to handle this. I explained to him when we met how I felt about Islam, and that we can not have 2 religions in one house. This will effect our marriage and future. I don't see I can have children with him. How do you have a child when the parents believe different things?
Does someone have advise because I am so angry and hurt I don't know how to live with him when we are separate in God.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
What did he lead you to believe that his religion was? Or whether he was even religious at all?

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
he was a muslim- from day one I told him I could not marry a muslim and told him all that I felt about islam and God and family. For 2 years no physical contact- I talked to him and explained islam to him ( he does not even know about islam just to fast and pray. he one night said he sees islam is bad and my God answers my prayers. he promised to read the bible and learn. now married he is muslim and I have that in my house and I have hate towards him, he decieved me.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Ok, let me see if I can figure this out (and my fellow CC'ers can jump in at any time):

You said that he was a Muslim from day one. That begs the question; how were you deceived then? If you already knew about his background, what was he hiding from you?

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset about your situation, but i'm having a hard time understanding how you were deceived about him being a Muslim if you say you knew it from the beginning.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
he was- but later he said he see islam is bad and my God answers my prayers and he would get to know jesus and read the bible and learn, one night he even said he believes in Jesus and will follow my God and read the bible study and learn and go to church.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You need to get counseling with the pastor at your church.

U

Ugly

So you're surprised that a man faked a conversion to get married? Common sense would say don't marry someone that agrees to switch beliefs when an ultimatum about marriage is on the line.
Though I have to wonder why you were dating him to begin with. He clearly wasn't a Christian from the start.

This relationship sounds like one giant red flag from beginning to end And you chose to ignore the warning signs. This is your consequence.

Either you can live with it or you can't. So pick one and act. No one can tell you what to do.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You must have known you were not marrying a practicing Christian, therefore being unequally yoked regardless of his religious affiliation. Deceiving others is also an accepted practice within Islam, in order to advance the spread of Islam, which, as you may know, is a pretty important goal of Islam. If you really believe he deliberately deceived you, you may want to look into getting the marriage annulled on the grounds of fraud.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
well you must not understandMarriage was not on the line. and we didn't date- we talked no physical contact what so ever not even a touch on the hand. - all conversions are not false.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
well you must not understandMarriage was not on the line. and we didn't date- we talked no physical contact what so ever not even a touch on the hand. - all conversions are not false.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Well you need to consider what else he might be less than truthful about. What is his trustworthiness about finances and children?

There is no easy solution to your situation. I see no solution that does not involve pain and hardship. If you want to compound the problems then stay in the marriage. If not it may be wise to cut your losses.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You made another thread on this subject 8 months ago, and the OP is almost word-for-word identical to this one. So you stayed with him for the last 9 months and are STILL having problems with his religion? Seriously???

So WHY are you STILL married to him nearly a year later?

The solution is simple: get an annulment.

Oct 14, 2017
I am an out of the box thinker... but this is what I believe.. a marriage is a contract between two people and God.

Contracts require that all parties involved act in good faith... or the contract never was from the beginning.

Bottom line.. to me.. you are not married in God's eyes. And if you pray about it... and feel you should get divorced... then go for it.

Many here will say "God says to stick it out." But that means God has also been locked into a lie.. and your kids (if you have any) will be as well.

I hope this gives you some peace.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Karchani, how long have you been a Christian?

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
He is a muslim and my heart is filled with anger and I feel that I have been betrayed. I don't know how to handle this. I explained to him when we met how I felt about Islam, and that we can not have 2 religions in one house. This will effect our marriage and future. I don't see I can have children with him. How do you have a child when the parents believe different things?
Does someone have advise because I am so angry and hurt I don't know how to live with him when we are separate in God.
Islam is a terroristic cult practice. You have every right to be angry, you have also the capacity to forgive. However, you do not have an obligation under God to remain married to a liar. What you encountered was a Muslim in the practice of Taqiyya. It is the same obfuscation that Barack Obama invoked all his political life.

With regard to your "husband", the main question is, why? If he was happy to be Muslim why would he lie to a Christian woman he was dating?
Since he's a liar, don't expect a straight answer to that. Just get out! Seriously. I would have been gone the moment he told me he was a liar and a Muslim. Well, I'd be gone as soon as he left the house so I could escape safely.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

God be with you. I will pray for your safety.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
My advice to you is what God says in the Bible and that is so long as he is willing to live with you, you are to remain in that marriage and hope to win him over with your love and good behavior. So you should spend lots of time praying that the Lord may help you to that end but that is not reason enough to get a divorce. As far as children are concerned you CAN have children together if you want to,the Bible says they are covered because of you being a believer.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
My advice to you is what God says in the Bible and that is so long as he is willing to live with you, you are to remain in that marriage and hope to win him over with your love and good behavior. So you should spend lots of time praying that the Lord may help you to that end but that is not reason enough to get a divorce. As far as children are concerned you CAN have children together if you want to,the Bible says they are covered because of you being a believer.
That isn't Biblical at all.

The man lied! From the beginning of the relationship about being a Christian. He's a Muslim. Which means he's not only up to no good when he commits Taqiya , but he blasphemed the name of Christ claiming to be a Christian when he is a Muslim who's faith does not respect nor recognize Jesus as the son of God nor the Messiah, nor savior of the world.

Furthermore, her husband is an unbeliever. And the scriptures say we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. In the case of Islam, which is an adversary of Christianity, it is right to recall that scripture that asks, what does light have in common with darkness? Light being Christianity and darkness in this case being Islam.
Answer? NOTHING!

And lastly, we're not old testament Jews. Nor are we first century people of the book. If Karchani wants to divorce her lying Muslim husband, when asking herself, if he'd lie about his faith what else is a lie in his life and can she trust him to be faithful sexually to her, she can!

God forgives! Being married to a man that lies from the beginning in order to get with a Christian woman bodes a bad future. And please Lord, don't yoke yourself to him by having kids! Because in Islam, his rules rule the rearing of the kids. And controls the wife too!

Get out! That's my advice. While you're a single woman without kids. Get out! You're not actually married in the eyes of God because the man in your life did not actually enter a Christian marriage covenant when he was a liar standing at the altar as a Muslim.
Beware a man that would hide the faith he's given his heart and life to just to get with a female who he knows has given her heart and life to Christ!

This is what your man did:

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Gman, you're welcome to disagree. Can you provide the scriptures wherein God tells a Christian woman to be unequally yoked with a man who is member of a religion that is adverse to the Fathers?

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
That isn't Biblical at all.

The man lied! From the beginning of the relationship about being a Christian. He's a Muslim. Which means he's not only up to no good when he commits Taqiya , but he blasphemed the name of Christ claiming to be a Christian when he is a Muslim who's faith does not respect nor recognize Jesus as the son of God nor the Messiah, nor savior of the world.

Furthermore, her husband is an unbeliever. And the scriptures say we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. In the case of Islam, which is an adversary of Christianity, it is right to recall that scripture that asks, what does light have in common with darkness? Light being Christianity and darkness in this case being Islam.
Answer? NOTHING!

And lastly, we're not old testament Jews. Nor are we first century people of the book. If Karchani wants to divorce her lying Muslim husband, when asking herself, if he'd lie about his faith what else is a lie in his life and can she trust him to be faithful sexually to her, she can!

God forgives! Being married to a man that lies from the beginning in order to get with a Christian woman bodes a bad future. And please Lord, don't yoke yourself to him by having kids! Because in Islam, his rules rule the rearing of the kids. And controls the wife too!

Get out! That's my advice. While you're a single woman without kids. Get out! You're not actually married in the eyes of God because the man in your life did not actually enter a Christian marriage covenant when he was a liar standing at the altar as a Muslim.
Beware a man that would hide the faith he's given his heart and life to just to get with a female who he knows has given her heart and life to Christ!

This is what your man did:
Angelfrog, with all due respect you are picking and choosing which scripture to accept and believe according to you now there's a different God for the Old Testament people and a different God for the first century people and a different God for us today I'm not even going to go there. To my sister who initially posted, I gave you sound advice based on scripture I'm not saying it's going to be easy or fun but this is God's Word and God will never go back on his Word; what you will do is up to you but I shared with you the truth.