Husbands drinking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 24, 2019
So, my husband has a habit of getting hard alcohol every so often when he is out by himself running errands or whatever.... he did that today (and was driving around while doing it). I can clearly smell it on him and can tell by the way he acts and talks, but he consistently lies to me and says he has done nothing. Side note* he already has 2 DUI’s. So, I took my girls and went to a hotel for the night.
I dont want to do the arguing, I am sick of being lied to, and I am tired of hearing all the insults he spews at me when he’s been drinking. This is the first time I have left for the night. I don't want a divorce, but I don't know how to continue this.... it gets old hearing “I swear I will never do that again”.
I guess please, if you read this, pray for him and me and of course our kiddos. I know the Lord loves him more than I do and wants the best for him.
Thanks for hearing me and God bless you!❤️

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
So, my husband has a habit of getting hard alcohol every so often when he is out by himself running errands or whatever.... he did that today (and was driving around while doing it). I can clearly smell it on him and can tell by the way he acts and talks, but he consistently lies to me and says he has done nothing. Side note* he already has 2 DUI’s. So, I took my girls and went to a hotel for the night.
I dont want to do the arguing, I am sick of being lied to, and I am tired of hearing all the insults he spews at me when he’s been drinking. This is the first time I have left for the night. I don't want a divorce, but I don't know how to continue this.... it gets old hearing “I swear I will never do that again”.
I guess please, if you read this, pray for him and me and of course our kiddos. I know the Lord loves him more than I do and wants the best for him.
"Thanks for sharing. Your words have been HEARD. This being prayer request forum...I pray to God
that your family stays strong. I pray your husband finds HELP. I pray you find your way within CC..
to the thread of CRA...we are here to share our experiences, strengths and hopes, you are welcome.
I pray perhaps you will find encouragement, and help all involved within your family."........ Friendly.png
'I pray of this 'to be'...'Amen'.........:)
'Praise God'

Attachments

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

I'm so sorry this is going on. I think you took the right course of action if that means anything.

Now that he knows how serious you are, telling him each time he does it the duration away from him will increase by a day might help. What is his spiritual status, and that of the household?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"I pray we all fully understand prayer. I pray each shall have a spiritual 'awareness' in prayers.
Prayers, I pray are of spiritual encouragement in which to help those with life difficulties."
'I pray of this...'to be'....'Amen'........:) Friendly.png
'Praise God'

Attachments

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, let you work in Sarabeth09's hisbands life. Let him know you , and worship you. Lord also help him to stop drinking. Lord let this drinking habbit leave him. Lord bless him and his wife and children. Let you be glorified in this man's life and family. In Jesus glorious name, Amen!

Apr 24, 2019
I'm so sorry this is going on. I think you took the right course of action if that means anything.

Now that he knows how serious you are, telling him each time he does it the duration away from him will increase by a day might help. What is his spiritual status, and that of the household?

Thank you all so much for your prayers ❤️
PennEd, he grew up Catholic and he and I often discuss Jesus and the Bible..... I know he believes, but I feel like the relationship with Christ just isn’t there or isn’t authentic. I know we can’t judge another’s heart, but I always thought the actions should start to line up if the Holy Spirit is truly real in your life...
Again, I really appreciate the prayers and encouragement. I am so glad I found this site.

J

Jen1167

I don't think the Lord would want you to have to suffer with this situation. You don't have to get a divorce but you could separate until he gets the help he needs. Think of how it's affecting your children. Praying for you all!

Princesa

Feb 7, 2019
You sound worried ill sister.
I pray for your husbands serenity, your strength & your childrens welfare.

But test everything; hold fast what is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

You aren't alone if you don't want to be & a community of support from others facing the scenario that you currently are may help bring you comfort/direction: https://al-anon.org/

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing in your marriage. I’m praying, asking our Heavenly Father to comfort you and your husband daily with evidences of His great love and compassion (Lamentations 3:22-23). May He be the center of your marriage, provide strength and wisdom to overcome your issues as you trust in Him.

Also, do you think it might be helpful to get in touch with a counselor? I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. Additionally, you might be interested to do some reading: bit.ly/2AfPX3j. Grace and peace to you and your family.

KimmyO

Sep 15, 2017
I'm so sorry you are going thru this, it is so hard! Praying for you and your children and your husband! It is good that you left to a safe place. Have you heard of a book called Love Must Be Tough? it is about helping someone overcome by tough love and it gives great guidance! He will treat you how you allow him to. For your sake and your kid's sake, don't put up with it or it will continue to get worse. Choose what you will live with. Praying with you for a good outcome! <3 Stay strong! Rest in the knowledge that God's got your back Isaiah 52:12 and He has a plan for your good Jer. 29:11 but you might have to go thru the valley to get thru it. don't stay on the wrong side and never get thru. <3 Almonds and lavendar are great to keep you all calm thru it too. Focus on the Family has great insightful articles in this too!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't think the Lord would want you to have to suffer with this situation. You don't have to get a divorce but you could separate until he gets the help he needs. Think of how it's affecting your children. Praying for you all!
I agree with your counsel Living with an alcoholic is usually a losing proposition.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Alcoholism is a cunning, baffling disease of both the mind and body. Most often the spouse either leaves or get's sick along with the irresponsible partner. There are support groups for people like you AL anon is specifically for people in your situation And Celebrate Recovery at a local christian church does too.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'll post a bit of al anon on the miscellaneous forum... CRA tonight before bed or first thing in the morning, feel free to drop in. Anytime. We never close! Thanks for asking for help.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Sarabeth, praying for strength for you and your family. I pray that the Lord open your husbands eyes to the truth of your husbands problem and that the lord give him the desire to change. <3