Hypocrisy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OK

That is true Jonathanbchristian.

O

OK

And Giantone and Elizabeth thank you for your input.
NeedmesomeJesus - I noticed you were 18 years old and admire any 18 year old who follows Jesus and speaks on forums about it, was what I meant.
Ok, I have to go, things to do. :)

N

needmesomejesus

well thanks OK :)

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Amen VW.
When the Spirit is in you, do you (all) find that you feel huge ammounts of empathy and compassion for the world? Your tears no longer become tears of self, but tears for others. Your concern is not for just the people you know as in friends and family but more so for strangers? Do you find your anger becomes more directed toward believers who preach on, but dont give a damn about others? You know what they are like inside, and cannot believe that others cannot see it. Like they are blinded. You know the Spirit and you know where it is and where it is not. I can imagine how Jesus felt. I can imagine his anger and also his compassion for those who were sinners or sick in need of healing.
It is when I do not allow the love of God to move me for these that I know condemnation in my heart.

God condemns the selfish heart, the closed heart, the cold heart.

God rewards the open heart, the soft and contrite heart, with rivers of living water to share with all who are near.

If we ever find those waters, they will never go dry.

O

OK

I agree VW.
But how do we let go of the anger felt, toward a person or people, who harp on about God and Jesus, yet have hurt us?
Answer is to avoid them. God's joy fixes it. So long as we stay away.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I agree VW.
But how do we let go of the anger felt, toward a person or people, who harp on about God and Jesus, yet have hurt us?
Answer is to avoid them. God's joy fixes it. So long as we stay away.

You ask Jesus to show you His forgivness, His compassion.
You spoke to how others judge and hurt one, but simply by failing to forgive, one does the same.
One simply must remeber that moment, where one knew their own weakness and the great love and grace of the sacrifice Jesus did for one self, then consider that this same sacrifice is given to every single one of us.
Seeing this compassion for oneself, as for another.
Realising that none of us is better, or worse, we all fail.
Wether it be in walk, or judgement.
Jesus suffered every moment of the cross for you and them.
That grace, is given to all a share, of grace following upon grace.

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

O

OK

Pickles, Anything could happen to me and I would turn to God and God would see me through. But Spiritual Battles against thing's like Jezebels are POWERFULL. They take over everything you do. They drain you of spirituality and diminish all of your strengths and gifts.

And untill the past year I had never known anything about this, honestly. It takes a lot out of you. Mind you, it's a lesson learnt. Good training.

I have forgiven. But I had to leave.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles, Anything could happen to me and I would turn to God and God would see me through. But Spiritual Battles against thing's like Jezebels are POWERFULL. They take over everything you do. They drain you of spirituality and diminish all of your strengths and gifts.

And untill the past year I had never known anything about this, honestly. It takes a lot out of you. Mind you, it's a lesson learnt. Good training.

I have forgiven. But I had to leave.
I understand, its been almost five years for me, and I cannot shut this person out of my life.
Circomstances are that where, the person will always be in my life.
It is one of the hardest trials Ive ever faced , and only in Jesus have I known peace.
Even though this person continues in their actions and maniplulations.
This has broken my heart in ways I never new possible, and it continues still.
I believed that I had every right to avoid and have nothing to do with this person, as any word or action would be manipulated and used to harm me and my family.
But , this lesson in the love and forgivness of Jesus has been the greatest blessing and gift in Jesus.
I agree, one sometimes must leave one like this, I have with another in the past.
But the situation nows till is and I cannot walk away.
I only know that in this, Jesus has revieled the love of His sacrifice, His perfect love through this
How great is His forgivness.
I believe that it is in faith this love, that will sustain all in the last days, because anything else will fail.
It is a blessin you were able to walk away, but Jesus's love is as great for you, as for the other person.
It was hard for me to see this at first, but I praise Jesus for showing this, as it removes all the filth and injury done by this kind of person.
It is in learning to love the least, that one knows how great is the love of Jesus.

I sorry for what you have had to go through, the sorrow and missery are beyond mesure and one never feels they can trust any again.
But it is in the love of Jesus for the person, that one recieves the forgivness, streangth and confidence of Jesus to love all as He loves us. :)

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I always remember that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to bear. And then I remember that it is not God who tempts us.

The religious spirit in a person is the most stubborn spirit of all. There is no place where one can reconcile with this spirit. There can be no agreement with this spirit. This is why the most severe judgment is reserved for those who harbor this spirit.

The heart of one such as this has been hardened into stone. Many times there is a deep sense of being betrayed by one who was in spiritual authority, or by a parent or other person over their life. This causes them to seek a inviolable system of beliefs with which they can surround themselves and insulate themselves from any chance of further betrayal. They maintain this system of belief with tenacious ferocity.

The trouble comes from the fact that their system is self contained. There is no need for outside contact, even with and most especially with God. The religiously spiritual person sets up barriers that are impenetrable by anyone or anything. They do this to avoid further betrayal.

They know what they have done, but their vision of themselves and the world and the church makes this the only possible way to have any measure of happiness at all. The misery that they cause others does not enter into the equation. But there is no happiness in this system, this world view, this religion. There is only more loneliness and division and anger and hatred. And the only way to justify this stance is to judge everyone else that does not agree with everything they say completely.

The strength of this spirit will grow in the church, not decline. And it is because close contact with Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit is not believed or taught that it will increase. Jesus breaks these barriers down when He gains a place in the heart. He always breaks down these barriers in the heart that belongs to Him.

As for what we can do with such a one? Not much. Even prayer is difficult. And to have to associate with one such as this on a regular basis is a trial of the most severe sort. But God is in us, Jesus lives in is by the Holy Spirit. We know peace and love and joy by this inner abiding. We can let all of the hurt and anger and pain go to Him, and He will see us through.

In Christ and in His love,

O

OK

Amen Pickles. Thankyou. Youve helped me just in what you said. Sorry to hear you have to endure something so long. I know what it's like to endure difficult people. I lived with someone who had a condition, and I tell you, it was a long 20 years for me. God set me free from it and brought healing to my heart straight after. The person wasn't a believer and I forgive and have understanding and empathy still but we hardly see each other. It was strange how I was suddenly set free though.

Always something aye. God bless you Pickles Hugs. Keep going :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I always remember that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to bear. And then I remember that it is not God who tempts us.

The religious spirit in a person is the most stubborn spirit of all. There is no place where one can reconcile with this spirit. There can be no agreement with this spirit. This is why the most severe judgment is reserved for those who harbor this spirit.

The heart of one such as this has been hardened into stone. Many times there is a deep sense of being betrayed by one who was in spiritual authority, or by a parent or other person over their life. This causes them to seek a inviolable system of beliefs with which they can surround themselves and insulate themselves from any chance of further betrayal. They maintain this system of belief with tenacious ferocity.

The trouble comes from the fact that their system is self contained. There is no need for outside contact, even with and most especially with God. The religiously spiritual person sets up barriers that are impenetrable by anyone or anything. They do this to avoid further betrayal.

They know what they have done, but their vision of themselves and the world and the church makes this the only possible way to have any measure of happiness at all. The misery that they cause others does not enter into the equation. But there is no happiness in this system, this world view, this religion. There is only more loneliness and division and anger and hatred. And the only way to justify this stance is to judge everyone else that does not agree with everything they say completely.

The strength of this spirit will grow in the church, not decline. And it is because close contact with Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit is not believed or taught that it will increase. Jesus breaks these barriers down when He gains a place in the heart. He always breaks down these barriers in the heart that belongs to Him.

As for what we can do with such a one? Not much. Even prayer is difficult. And to have to associate with one such as this on a regular basis is a trial of the most severe sort. But God is in us, Jesus lives in is by the Holy Spirit. We know peace and love and joy by this inner abiding. We can let all of the hurt and anger and pain go to Him, and He will see us through.

In Christ and in His love,
VW, you described well the personality spoken to, it is in Jesus, I saw all that is this ones actions as born of fear and hurt.
Not to excuse, but to know how great is the love of Jesus.
God bless you vw.
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Amen Pickles. Thankyou. Youve helped me just in what you said. Sorry to hear you have to endure something so long. I know what it's like to endure difficult people. I lived with someone who had a condition, and I tell you, it was a long 20 years for me. God set me free from it and brought healing to my heart straight after. The person wasn't a believer and I forgive and have understanding and empathy still but we hardly see each other. It was strange how I was suddenly set free though.

Always something aye. God bless you Pickles Hugs. Keep going :)
Jesus is good that way!
One never knows how they touch another's life in witness, hopefully yours given to that person, shall glorify God. :)
The one I know has accepted Jesus, in faith I hope and believe this one will be healed soon.

God bless
pickles

O

OK

That's good Pickles God bless you.

O

OK

I realise now I started this thread, but there was only a few people I was upset at, and that was three/four on another forum. I guess I just needed to let it out. Yes, hypocrites are out there, Jezebels, all sorts. I feel better now that I'm staying away. I'v found, whenever I go to the site and I read they're posts I feel bad. So I have to stop reading. I like people there too, love them. But they've all gone.

I guess this thread is closed :D I'll leave it for anyone else who may want to vent as well. But I have no further comments :)