T
TheGrungeDiva
Guest
I NEVER used the word LITERAL. I said that people don't believe the Bible is all True, which is very different and sad.
No, what you said is that a lot of "Christians" don't believe the Bible is all True. And if you don't mean literally true, then I have to take issue. I know some very liberal Christians who hold some very radical beliefs, but they all believe the Bible is "true" at least figuratively, if not literally. I don't know why someone would even call him- or herself a Christian if they didn't accept the Bible on at least some level.
Sure, a lot of non-Christian people don't believe the Bible is true. If that's what you meant, then I'll except that you just made a typo and move on.
Yes, that is very different, and I don't know so much that it's "sad," it's just the way it is. God instructed us to evangelize. If everyone already believed, to whom would we evangelize? Seems to me that we need unbelievers in this world if we're going to carry out God's command to preach the Gospel. I have an inkling that when, and not 1 second before, the whole world believes, then the Kingdom of God will be fully realized.