I’m a Christian ✝️ who has no morality issues with having my walls covered with posters of beautiful semi naked women-am i wrong?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
I am told that is wrong but i fail to see the wrong doing in looking at one of gods creations-the female form

Bugs

Aug 12, 2020
You have read the Gospels, recall that in Matthew 5.27-28 Christ says "You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Do not take down your posters because someone told you it is wrong. You will miss these someday and put them back up. Is Christ more important to you than your own desire? If so then follow His every word. If not then by all means carry on.

You can be a Christian and devote your life to God obeying him enthusiastically for His gift of eternal life. Or live as the natural man does, doing what is right in your own eyes. Either way is up to you, but do not try to go down the middle. You will be miserable trying to follow God only half heartedly.

I am a guy, I know about temptations and lust all too well. I also know about the great joy that comes from finally surrendering your entire will to God.

May 19, 2020
I am told that is wrong but i fail to see the wrong doing in looking at one of gods creations-the female form

Well,if you don’t know the answer to that question,I can’t answer it for you.

But,I can answer it for myself.....are you truly looking at God’s creation,come on be honest?

I’m not judging you by the way.

May 19, 2020

On reading your post again.

If you didn’t have some doubt,you wouldn’t be asking the question,...imo..trust me I’ve been there......but not by having half naked men on my wall,

I asked far to many questions to humans and got even more confused....the Holy Spirit wants me to solely rely on Him,which I now do.

I test everything that comes out of a believers mouth....including my own.

All the best in your walk with God Bro........just look to Him....He is your helper....and I can see by your posts,that he is communicating with you.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Yes.

And I'm sure that when you look at them, you'realways imagining all of these women reading the Bible.

Hmm... We had another poster here not too long ago who was always preaching that images of scantily-clad women were to be seen as "artistic," and that he spent much of his time perusing them on the internet.

I'm just curious -- if you were dating a woman who had her walls covered with pictures of good-looking, semi-naked men, would it be a problem for you, or would you encourage her in doing so, as you seem to be looking for?

After all, she could argue the same thing -- that she was simply admiring the male form.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
The thing is..

Where is the measure of morality coming from?

Can you honestly look at the bible and its teachings on purity and then say this is fine?

I've often had struggles with the same sort of thing.. but when I do think it won't hurt or a little is okay.. it's my own judgment, not Gods standard through the scripture.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Could you explain to me how someone becomes a Christian? I asked on your other post . I think this will help .

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit (Romans 8:5).

Aug 10, 2019
He is trying to justify his sin, or he's a troll trying to start an argument. Either way we don't want him in Singles Forum any more than you want him here. :p
I am new here and wasn’t sure where to post this subject. I do not think it is wrong but the gentlemen who disciples me says it is-but could not state a solid valid reason. I’m a struggling Christian who avoids churches because they riddled with middle class snobbery-so i was looking for an answer here. Sorry if my quest offends you.

Aug 10, 2019
Are you wanting attention??
Yes-in the form of an answer. The gentleman who has discipled me on/off for 6-7 years says they are wrong as a Christian-but gives no solid valid answer. He does however enjoy a good boxing 🥊 match where two semi naked men try to beat the 💩 out of each other-and he can’t see the hypocrisy.

Aug 10, 2019

If you didn’t have some doubt,you wouldn’t be asking the question,...imo..trust me I’ve been there......but not by having half naked men on my wall,

I asked far to many questions to humans and got even more confused....the Holy Spirit wants me to solely rely on Him,which I now do.

All the best in your walk with God Bro........just look to Him....He is your helper....and I can see by your posts,that he is communicating with you.
Thank you 🙏 a lovely honest sincere reply 💕

Aug 10, 2019
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit (Romans 8:5).
But my posters do not effect my spiritual way whatsoever-it is only Christians with their obsession with sexual immorality that have a problem.

Aug 10, 2019
You have read the Gospels, recall that in Matthew 5.27-28 Christ says "You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Do not take down your posters because someone told you it is wrong. You will miss these someday and put them back up. Is Christ more important to you than your own desire? If so then follow His every word. If not then by all means carry on.

You can be a Christian and devote your life to God obeying him enthusiastically for His gift of eternal life. Or live as the natural man does, doing what is right in your own eyes. Either way is up to you, but do not try to go down the middle. You will be miserable trying to follow God only half heartedly.

I am a guy, I know about temptations and lust all too well. I also know about the great joy that comes from finally surrendering your entire will to God.
I am not married,they to my knowledge are not married. They are beautiful women-didn’t Adam look at eve in the way i do. Christians seem to be obsessed with the ‘evil of the flesh’ or to put it another way nature.

Mar 4, 2020
I am not going to sit here and pretend like there is nothing I've never struggled with or that there are sins I haven't committed.

That being said, I think we need to recognize a few things:

1. God's good design for men is for us to have a wife. The Bible elaborates on this by explaining to people not to covet their neighbor's wife, commit adultery, or fornication. Jesus raises the bar and says we cannot even look at a woman with lust in our hearts unless that woman is our wife. There's only one woman you are allowed to look at and admire the body thereof and it's your wife. If you aren't married then look away and don't hang posters up of other women up.

2. There are demonic influences in the world. The enemy often tries to get us to justify to ourselves the sins we want to keep. If you keep looking for validation you might find it and miss the truth. Hopefully we have prevented that.

3. we are only human and God knows that men love attractive women, the other side of that same coin is women know men like it, too, and they spend a lot of time trying to achieve a certain look.

We shouldn't go out of our way to make it harder for each other or put things in our path that make us stumble (like lusty images of half naked women on the wall).

Simply litmus test: what would Jesus do?

Aug 10, 2019
Well,if you don’t know the answer to that question,I can’t answer it for you.

But,I can answer it for myself.....are you truly looking at God’s creation,come on be honest?

I’m not judging you by the way.
I know the answer to that question-it’s harmless and brightens up my 🏠 there is no idolatry involved,there is no obsessive lust involved,they are not a distraction from my other activities,they are Gods creation-just like my parents have pictures of 🌲 and country side in their home. I have no issues with it-but my Christian ✝️ friend does-but has no problem watching a 🥊 match with two men beating the 💩 out of each other. He doesn’t see the hypocrisy: beautiful women standing harmlessly in front of a camera as apposed to two humans trying to knock each other unconscious 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

May 19, 2020
I know the answer to that question-it’s harmless and brightens up my 🏠 there is no idolatry involved,there is no obsessive lust involved,they are not a distraction from my other activities,they are Gods creation-just like my parents have pictures of 🌲 and country side in their home. I have no issues with it-but my Christian ✝️ friend does-but has no problem watching a 🥊 match with two men beating the 💩 out of each other. He doesn’t see the hypocrisy: beautiful women standing harmlessly in front of a camera as apposed to two humans trying to knock each other unconscious 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I understand what you are saying.....I watch horror movies.....so I guess that makes me a hypocrite......I must admit though,the gore is starting to get to me.

Hand it to God Bro......same as my swearing,I pray for God to make it less and he has.......none of us are perfect,I admire your honesty.

Aug 10, 2019
I am not going to sit here and pretend like there is nothing I've never struggled with or that there are sins I haven't committed.

That being said, I think we need to recognize a few things:

1. God's good design for men is for us to have a wife. The Bible elaborates on this by explaining to people not to covet their neighbor's wife, commit adultery, or fornication. Jesus raises the bar and says we cannot even look at a woman with lust in our hearts unless that woman is our wife. There's only one woman you are allowed to look at and admire the body thereof and it's your wife. If you aren't married then look away and don't hang posters up of other women up.

2. There are demonic influences in the world. The enemy often tries to get us to justify to ourselves the sins we want to keep. If you keep looking for validation you might find it and miss the truth. Hopefully we have prevented that.

3. we are only human and God knows that men love attractive women, the other side of that same coin is women know men like it, too, and they spend a lot of time trying to achieve a certain look.

We shouldn't go out of our way to make it harder for each other or put things in our path that make us stumble (like lusty images of half naked women on the wall).

Simply litmus test: what would Jesus do?

That is the best piece of advice from anyone I’ve heard on here-I shall set about deleting my account and concentrate on asking the Holy Spirit (on which I’ve just read a whole book of bible quotes on) thank you 😊 ✝️💕