I’m single and not really digging it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” —Elizabeth Appell

There was a time when marriage was a focus and I wondered when it would occur. But as the years passed I realized my conception was earthbound and I needed to ascend to His realm. I glimpsed my womanliness as a beauteous pie. Custom knit through holy hands. Wife and mother were intricate pieces but they weren’t the whole.

That is probably true for most. We diminish our capacity when we limit ourselves to this or that. God’s scope is greater. Embracing my purpose was the turning point. Pouring myself in His work recalibrated my heart. Guarding my thoughts is foremost. I can’t entertain every wayward notion or allow emotions to hinder me. I prune a lot.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

~princesse
You write very familar - perhaps a former member of this site? Oh well, that was a very captivating read 😃

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” —Elizabeth Appell

There was a time when marriage was a focus and I wondered when it would occur. But as the years passed I realized my conception was earthbound and I needed to ascend to His realm. I glimpsed my womanliness as a beauteous pie. Custom knit through holy hands. Wife and mother were intricate pieces but they weren’t the whole.

That is probably true for most. We diminish our capacity when we limit ourselves to this or that. God’s scope is greater. Embracing my purpose was the turning point. Pouring myself in His work recalibrated my heart. Guarding my thoughts is foremost. I can’t entertain every wayward notion or allow emotions to hinder me. I prune a lot.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

~princesse

Didn't understand what you wrote 😅

But I keep on rereading your comment 😅 because it is written beautifully 😍 the words you chose not found in my limited vocabulary 😂

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
You write very familar - perhaps a former member of this site? Oh well, that was a very captivating read 😃
Thank you for the compliment. No, I haven’t been on the site. I just stumbled across it. :)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019

Pouring myself in His work recalibrated my heart. Guarding my thoughts is foremost. I can’t entertain every wayward notion or allow emotions to hinder me. I prune a lot.

~princesse
"I prune a lot". Don't you mean to say as the vinedresser he prunes you? Certainly we can "weed" and practice good stewardship but there are limits I have found. That's the child-like element that sort of imposes humility by default.

Right now I'm imagining falling a mud puddle and cleaning off with a garden hose. Depending on the sincere care and not flippant disregard for the parental command to "wash off" there are still limits to how well a child can wash themselves. Knowledge is part of it, as well as the system not being fully designed that way.

If it were just being alone with the Lord in the garden it would make sense that he would clean what we could not, but we also have the body and I think that is a resource as well that can't be neglected.

I'm not 100% on how I feel about C.S Lewis (and fantastical analogies are iffy) but there was a section of Voyage of the Dawn Treader where Eustace was told to undress (dragon skin) he accomplished something once he understood, but it required deep tears that hurt by the allegorical Christ character to fully "undress". He was unable to do it himself.

So while I do think we can do a bit of pruning "in a way", our efforts are mere maintenance (stewardship) with the natural byproduct of maturation but serious work we can't do on our own. I'm only saying this because I appreciated your post and it got me to thinking about our own efforts. I know there are some churches I've heard that only speak about the Lord doing the work in you and that it's all him. Tis true, but we aren't infants needing someone to change us. As we mature there is a sort of "self-maintenance" that goes on and should be understood, it's just rarely talked about. Part of the reason I typed all this is because there are times where I have been so wrapped up in Christian living that my eyes leave the Lord at times. Not "leaving" him if you understand me, but even going through a similar journey that you seem to have gone through it helps me to remember that.

I can't shake the feeling that as believers we can fall into "our" will for the kingdom and exalt ourselves a bit and go astray. Perhaps that's better than being asleep, but sometimes it's hard for me to tell. Constant guarding is crucial I agree.

Thanks for sharing :)

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
"I prune a lot". Don't you mean to say as the vinedresser he prunes you? Certainly we can "weed" and practice good stewardship but there are limits I have found. That's the child-like element that sort of imposes humility by default.
The expression is apropos. By pruning, I’m referencing thoughts, feelings, behaviors, etc. which compromise my purpose, mindset or heart. If I’m consciously aware of impediments or potential harm it’s my responsibility to address them.

It’s one thing to require assistance or lack the knowledge to handle the problem. And another to bury my head in the sand and close my eyes. Lying to myself is unacceptable (for me) and facing my shortcomings is liberating. Change requires acknowledgment and action. Growth is an ongoing process. God fashioned me with an earnest desire for each.

Part of the reason I typed all this is because there are times where I have been so wrapped up in Christian living that my eyes leave the Lord at times. Not "leaving" him if you understand me, but even going through a similar journey that you seem to have gone through it helps me to remember that.
For me, Christian living is fulfilling my kingdom mission. I know my place in the body. Its intentional and purposeful with a goal in sight. That draws me nearer to Him.

I can't shake the feeling that as believers we can fall into "our" will for the kingdom and exalt ourselves a bit and go astray.
I address this through two positions: being and becoming. The first begins with accepting who He says I am (earthly and spiritually). For example, if He called me to music, I’m a musician for His glory. My responsibility is yes and working in the capacity (gifts and talents) He’s provided. The how is His domain.

The second is the metamorphosis. This is His will made manifest in my person. Here you’ll find the scrutiny and pruning I mentioned in my post. I could echo Paul’s words, “I buffet my body and make it my slave” or use a descriptor more appropriate for myself.

My verbiage is intentional. I address my faith through language that’s understandable for the hearer. Irrespective of belief. I can’t fish with jargon. :)

~princesse

C

I have been single for about 4 months now and I don’t really care for it. Some people seem to rally enjoy it, but not I. When I go out I see couples holding hands, laughing, even arguing, and I just feel a deep sadness for not having that anymore. Sitting by myself in Church is even awkward.

Maybe this is just part of the process I say to myself, but I know that’s not the truth for me. I really yearn for engagement, bonding, and friendship. All praise to the Lord for sustaining me through all of this. I know where I would be if not for His intervention.

God knows that I am person not meant to be alone. It’s not good for me. I pray that one day I met someone I can share my faith, love, laughter, joy, sorrow, hurt, and tears with. I know it will come because I trust Jesus. He will bring me a companion. I just need to be patient, although it’s hard to do.

It is OK to want someone beside you and there is nothing wrong about admitting you are not fine and not ok being alone just take care 😊

It is nice to share the ups and downs with someone and it is a wonderful feeling when you know that someone is there for you no matter what 😊

We never know... maybe one day suddenly things will take a sudden turn and boom! She is there standing in front of you. The person you've been waiting, the one you want to share all of you the one who will hold you for the rest of your life 😊 God is full of surprises! Keep trusting God. His timing is perfect 😇

God bless you ❤

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
It is OK to want someone beside you and there is nothing wrong about admitting you are not fine and not ok being alone just take care 😊

It is nice to share the ups and downs with someone and it is a wonderful feeling when you know that someone is there for you no matter what 😊

We never know... maybe one day suddenly things will take a sudden turn and boom! She is there standing in front of you. The person you've been waiting, the one you want to share all of you the one who will hold you for the rest of your life 😊 God is full of surprises! Keep trusting God. His timing is perfect 😇

God bless you ❤
Thank you for your kind words. The Lord has definitely held me together. His love supersedes everything. I guess from a human perspective I just miss my wife.

C

Thank you for your kind words. The Lord has definitely held me together. His love supersedes everything. I guess from a human perspective I just miss my wife.
I don't know what to say bro. Aerial...I said a prayer for you may the love of God sorround you and bring you comfort in times like this... I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers ❤

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Much apper
I don't know what to say bro. Aerial...I said a prayer for you may the love of God sorround you and bring you comfort in times like this... I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers ❤[/QUOTE
God
I don't know what to say bro. Aerial...I said a prayer for you may the love of God sorround you and bring you comfort in times like this... I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers ❤
God can bring about good from something that has gone bad. My eyes and heart need to come back to Him.

C

Much apper

God

God can bring about good from something that has gone bad. My eyes and heart need to come back to Him.

Yes! I agree 😊 it will be painful and hard ...it may take long but you will always get through this and wherever you are at today know that God is with you 😇

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
you got more than 12 people answering this thread so, you got some friends already. :)

am sorry we cant bring your wife back to you and you stuck with us random lot of christians instead....but being single is actually not that bad.
You might find it can actually be a lot more fun and free.

I was thinking how its funny that me being an introvert should mean marrried life would be better for me as I would only really need to focus exclusively on ONE person for all my needs
whereas being extrovert would mean married life could be stifling and if I was extrovert I would need a lot more people around me, like a large family, though you cant just keep having heaps of children all the time lol.

so I just wonder if thats got anything to do with your situation...that you cant cope well without having someone around you all the time? I do cherish my time alone cos if I was married I really wouldn have that I would think Id just be constantly thinking of my other half I suppose if I did end up by myself, but would I have that chance? no because married life entails that that person is always within reach cos they are one flesh.

sorry just my thoughts on this, it kind sounds like you had a leg amputated and you think its still there.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
sorry just my thoughts on this, it kind sounds like you had a leg amputated and you think its still there.
This is exactly what divorce feels like.

And it's 100 times worse when you learn that the "leg"you lost left because it found another body to attach itself to.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
whoa, this thread is dangoues and leaves promptly, I'm a single male but it reminds me Jesus himself pulled me out of the miry clay of hell, so I'm contentment with who I am and who God has planned for me.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
This is exactly what divorce feels like.

And it's 100 times worse when you learn that the "leg"you lost left because it found another body to attach itself to.
*commitment phobia intensifies*

Sorry, I had to lighten up the mood with a dumb joke, lol.
(I may or may not be entirely joking.)

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Married life isn’t easier or better for introverts. Being introverted doesn’t mean the individual is service-driven or a joy to live with. There’s a difference from being comfortable in an environment with less stimulation and meeting your companion’s needs through selflessness and anticipatory service.

There is 50 degrees of separation between the two. And it takes a man to articulate the difference. Doing what you feel is best is not the same as pleasing him.

Jun 12, 2020
I have been single for about 4 months now and I don’t really care for it. Some people seem to rally enjoy it, but not I. When I go out I see couples holding hands, laughing, even arguing, and I just feel a deep sadness for not having that anymore. Sitting by myself in Church is even awkward.

Maybe this is just part of the process I say to myself, but I know that’s not the truth for me. I really yearn for engagement, bonding, and friendship. All praise to the Lord for sustaining me through all of this. I know where I would be if not for His intervention.

God knows that I am person not meant to be alone. It’s not good for me. I pray that one day I met someone I can share my faith, love, laughter, joy, sorrow, hurt, and tears with. I know it will come because I trust Jesus. He will bring me a companion. I just need to be patient, although it’s hard to do.
I got married at 53 after a long 30-year drought of a relationship. No, it wasn't from a prison sentence. I knew I could't handle singleness. What does the Bible tell you to do? That's the voice you need to listen to. I know what you're going through. If you need to get married you need to get married.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
You know what to do, your a man, women expect men to make the first move. Do not just limit yourself to christian women, but date agnostics too because the foundation is there. Do some digging on that.