I Almost Paid For My Own Date.....

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
shineyourlight;bt16793 said:
Haha, thanks, I suppose :p

It was by far one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had. I feel like he impacted me more than I did him.


Proverbs 19:17 - He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
 
shineyourlight;bt16976 said:
Hey, Roh_Chris. I have been there as well. The thing is: Learning from it and making a difference now. I'm glad this story touched you. I still regret not getting any of his information, honestly.


The thing that breaks my heart the most about homeless people is that they just want to be acknowledged & that they're still seen as human and not a burden. Lord knows I will give every penny I have in my pocket to a homeless person...Never never ignore the urge of the Holy Spirit when he pushes you to give! Your heavenly treasure is something unfathomable and knowing that the money in our pocket is Gods anyways then why resist or question! do you really think God will ever leave you hanging? Nope! He knows what you need before you even ask him! Your kindness gave that man hope in God again and the tears they shed when such kindness is shown is so priceless it makes me want to seek out the homeless everyday and do something! Pray that God allows you to make an extra $100 a week so that you can help the homeless. Buy water, food gift cards etc. Tell them God wanted you to give them whatever you give them! Heaven will rejoice as you lead those souls to Christ! I usually put some money in a gospel tract and give it to them and let them know that what's being said in that tract is worth more than all the money in the world. Also if you go to the (Pocket Testament League) online you can order up to 30 free New Testaments a month paid for by a sponsor to give out. They are very pretty New Testaments and many cover designs to choose from.
 
Ascent;bt18091 said:
The thing that breaks my heart the most about homeless people is that they just want to be acknowledged & that they're still seen as human and not a burden. Lord knows I will give every penny I have in my pocket to a homeless person...Never never ignore the urge of the Holy Spirit when he pushes you to give! Your heavenly treasure is something unfathomable and knowing that the money in our pocket is Gods anyways then why resist or question! do you really think God will ever leave you hanging? Nope! He knows what you need before you even ask him! Your kindness gave that man hope in God again and the tears they shed when such kindness is shown is so priceless it makes me want to seek out the homeless everyday and do something! Pray that God allows you to make an extra $100 a week so that you can help the homeless. Buy water, food gift cards etc. Tell them God wanted you to give them whatever you give them! Heaven will rejoice as you lead those souls to Christ! I usually put some money in a gospel tract and give it to them and let them know that what's being said in that tract is worth more than all the money in the world. Also if you go to the (Pocket Testament League) online you can order up to 30 free New Testaments a month paid for by a sponsor to give out. They are very pretty New Testaments and many cover designs to choose from.
Hello, new friend :D

I think that's a wonderful idea. My heart breaks so much for the homeless and how they are treated.
 
Um, wow! You are a true blessing. And bless you for listening to that familiar voice.

God Bless
 
Hi shineyourlight,

This is the most inspiring testimony, I have read so far in any BLOG from my CC friends! The Holy Spirit is really strong in you! Praise the Lord. You have acted, like Jesus, our Lord and Savior, towards this homeless man! I am truly, honored to be your friend here on CC! You are truly, a godly woman!

GBU, my sister in the Lord