I am a Seventh Day Adventist, Ask Me.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 22, 2018
I am a Seventh day adventist still ... Are there still some Question left unspoken? if you have Questions.. then let us begin again in Love and respect.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Many of the brethren are not yet aware that the SDA has embraced the teaching of Jesus-Yeshua as God.

Are you in this group who have? Thank you and God bless you.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Wow, this thread is from 2017. Talk about resurrecting the dead. Lol.
My mother inlaw and her husband read that book "The Great Controversy", by Ellen G. White. Now they claim to be sabbatarian, and follow her teaching. They try to impose that crap on us, and it has caused a riff in the relationship between my wife and her mother. I read several false prophecied, and some writings that interpret her words as one thing and she endorsed those writings particularly one book by Uriah Smith. Now the web page for the White family deny those interpretations. Particularly the amalgamation of men and beasts, and the resulting races. She herself distributed mr. Smith's book at conferences, thereby endorsing his interpretation of her ludicrous statements.
From people alive in 1858 being alive and translated at the coming of Jesus, England declaring war on the Union army and reducing the US to dust, to tall beautiful sinless jupiter folk, and saturn folk too. This woman was the most prominent historical figure of the seventh day adventists, and she was a rank false prophet and false teacher, claiming to have direct revelation from God, angels of God, and also from Satan.

Mar 25, 2021
Hi Muskokaman, thanx for the questions.
You asked about the Sabbath. I celebrate the 7th day Sabbath as found in the 4th commandment.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Views on the nature and relationship of God?

Well that is a topic that I believe is beyond our ability to understand or grasp. That being said, the Bible does reveal some things. We know that God is one yet there are three. How and why we do not know. But I believe that Jesus is God the Father is God and the Holy Spirit it God. So I believe in a Trinity. If you desire scripture for my view let me know and I will provide it as soon as I am able.

Are you a cessationist or continuationist?

I believe that the Gifts are still in action today. When the Day of Pentecost came, Peter addressed the crowed about the things they were hearing and seeing. Then he quoted Joel and said this:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Notice the gifts that come from the Spirit are for all who the Lord calls. I believe the Gift is to last till Jesus comes back. Jesus promised it for the spreading of the Gospel.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The Gospel is still being preached. And as long as it is so will the Gifts of the Spirit continue.

Do you believe in Dispensationalism?

This one is a big topic so I will give bible evidence if you request it. But for now I will simply answer the question. It depends on what you mean by this term. While it is clear that God has revealed more and more of who he is throughout history. It is not true that salvation has changed. Salvation has always been by the grace of God through Faith.

2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

And so on and so on.
Throughout history there has only been one way of salvation, Faith in the savior. We look back they looked forward.

What are your views on premillenialism?

I don’t have a view. But I’ll tell you what the bible says in short. Again if you require more scripture more depth to my answer then just ask. It would be easier if it were one question at a time.
Jesus will come back in person.
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Every eye will see

Rev 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

We shall be resurrected and reign with Jesus for 1000 years.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Everyone else will stay dead until the end of the 1000 years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

That is a really brief look at it. There is much more to back it up. But that is enough to give you an Idea of my view I hope

What particular Doctrine or Bible do you preach from?
There is only one Doctrine and it is in the Bible. I preach from the KJV or NKJV. I personally prefer the KJV.

Hope these answers help a little. May God bless you. If there is more detail needed feel free to ask. But maybe one question at a time please.j

God bless you.
Hello gottime.. The Peace of Jesus "The Jewish Christ" who is the Holy Spirit, The Eternal Father, Son of God and Son of man, The God of Abraham and the Living God in His human nature be with you....YOU SAY:<<So I believe in a Trinity. <<

I studied 4 years for the catholic priesthood and spent 25 year with them, I'd learn through their teaching and the Catholic Encyclopedia that the trinity was coined by the catolic priest Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullianus in the year 170..Are they lying? Before he come up with his own trinity, there has always been "TRIAS" by pagans starting in babilon...

Mar 25, 2021
Hi, as I said I am a Seventh Day Adventist. The only reason this question answer post is here is because I have seen many people throw things at my Faith without really knowing what we believe.

So I will be answering any Bible questions you have if I can. Repeat BIBLE questions. Everything I believe and that my Church teaches is firmly based in Scripture and no where else.

Now I have a lot on my plate so please be patient with me. This post is not designed to argue but rather help those who wish to better understand our position. You do not have to agree with me in any way. I will however be using the bible to answer any questions. so if you need to discuss anything with me about a topic that you think I am wrong in then feel free. but use your Bible. I will not pay any heed to those who come in here and rant on their soap box without scripture to back them up.

In other words, lets be Christian about this. I have no need nor want to put others down. and will not respond to put downs and unchristian behaviour.

One other thing. I am a Seventh Day Adventist Pastor, and one thing I have learnt is that most Professed Seventh Day Adventists do not know what we actually believe. Why do I say this? Because While you may have read things about us and done some study. chances are, you don't understand half as much about our teaching as you think you do.

I do not pretend to know everything about how other faiths believe even though I used to be a pentecostal. I am not ignorant enough to think that I know them because I once was one. so please afford me the same respect.

That being said, May God bless us all as we draw closer to Him in truth and in Spirit.
Hello got time...The peace of Jesus "The Jewish Christ" who is the Holy Spirit, The Eternal Father, Son of God and Son of man, The God of Abraham and the Living God in His human nature be with you..You say:<<I am a trinitarian">> I spent 25 years with the catholic church and I spent 4 years in the seminar studying for the priesthood and I'd learn that the doctrine of the trinity was coined by the catholic priest Quintus Septims Florens Tertullianus against Praxeas in the year 170..Are they lying? none of the patriachs none of the prophets none of the apostles etc. etc.. was trinitarian..Not even the Son of the God of Abraham was trinitarian, then I spent 1 year with a sda congregation and they worship the name jehovah, a named coined by the catolic monk Raymond martini in the yea 1278.. Can you answer to those two questions please.....Brother James...

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That being said, May God bless us all as we draw closer to Him in truth and in Spirit.
Amen. God bless you also, my much beloved brother in Christ. My question:

Is it ok for me to just consider myself "a Christian" and forego any denominational labels?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Holy smokers! This thread is older than the Hills. He is probably dead by now.:rolleyes:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I'm a 70AD ventist....:p
You too will become one with the Borg, there's no dark side of the moon really, but you can "always look on the bright side of death"
This is weird! What have we gotten ourselves into???:alien:

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, as I said I am a Seventh Day Adventist. The only reason this question answer post is here is because I have seen many people throw things at my Faith without really knowing what we believe.

So I will be answering any Bible questions you have if I can. Repeat BIBLE questions. Everything I believe and that my Church teaches is firmly based in Scripture and no where else.

Now I have a lot on my plate so please be patient with me. This post is not designed to argue but rather help those who wish to better understand our position. You do not have to agree with me in any way. I will however be using the bible to answer any questions. so if you need to discuss anything with me about a topic that you think I am wrong in then feel free. but use your Bible. I will not pay any heed to those who come in here and rant on their soap box without scripture to back them up.

In other words, lets be Christian about this. I have no need nor want to put others down. and will not respond to put downs and unchristian behaviour.

One other thing. I am a Seventh Day Adventist Pastor, and one thing I have learnt is that most Professed Seventh Day Adventists do not know what we actually believe. Why do I say this? Because While you may have read things about us and done some study. chances are, you don't understand half as much about our teaching as you think you do.

I do not pretend to know everything about how other faiths believe even though I used to be a pentecostal. I am not ignorant enough to think that I know them because I once was one. so please afford me the same respect.

Is Jesus Christ present in the bread and wine of the Lord's Supper?

CS1

May 23, 2012

If I go to church on Sunday is that sin and if I don't go to church on Saturday is that a sin?

Jan 21, 2021
Can the finished testimony of the two Witnesses (Revelation 11:7) be the completion of the Bible Canon?

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Wouldn't this imply it already happened and give us a date when satan got authority of the RCC?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The SDA is no different from any other denomination to which Yeshua does not pertain in full.

Its members have embraced the deity of Yeshua-Jesus, at least in one large section of the SDA, so it is no different from other denominations which have a bone to pick regarding doctrine.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
If I go to church on Sunday is that sin and if I don't go to church on Saturday is that a sin?
SDA people must answer for themselves. As for me, non-SDA, I've long ago dropped this "Saturday vs Sunday" or vice versa debate. The focus is the fourth commandment, which, yes, we are to mind. Arthur W. Pink wrote an excellent treatise on "The Holy Sabbath".

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Wouldn't you know it was an SDA who pulled up this ancient and dead post? (By dead, I am not saying the topic is dead, but rather, 10 year old posts should be closed!)

It starts in 2011. Just after I first joined! That's a long time ago. Someone pulled it up in 2015, 2016, and 2017, too! And again in 2021!

I think if you want to discuss the SDA or any other topic, start your own thread, rather than pulling up a 10 year old post.

The fact is, even if the people who wrote years ago still have an active status, most are not on CC any more. They are not here to defend themselves. All the "guests" and banned people are definitely not here to defend themselves. So addressing anything these three groups wrote is wrong. It is only fair that you address active members, so they can respond.

As for the few of us who are still around, I've read this post 3 or 4 times. I don't want to deal with it again.

So, please, I ask everyone to comment on current topics, not ones from 2011! Thanks in advance! Put a limit of going back one year, at most to pull up posts. Unless it is being continually posted in, like "Speak Your Mind!" That is a different kind of thread!

CS1

May 23, 2012
SDA people must answer for themselves. As for me, non-SDA, I've long ago dropped this "Saturday vs Sunday" or vice versa debate. The focus is the fourth commandment, which, yes, we are to mind. Arthur W. Pink wrote an excellent treatise on "The Holy Sabbath".

Ok,

Not to be rude but your post thread

"I am a Seventh Day Adventist, Ask Me."

are you NON-SDA or are you SDA? And it is core to the SDA so if you are no longer SDA then my question to you was illrelevent. And the thread unclear.

unelie

Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone ! I am new here and I did not start this thread but I liked how it started and I can see there is some interest. I will try to help answer any question you have, as long as they are said respectfully.
I will NOT try to defend my faith or convince you, the Holy Spirit is there for that. I will simply testify of my belief, with the bible, since this is the only support for our faith.
Many seventhday adventists do not know what we teach. In order to inform properly my explanations I will personnally check some official texts but they will NOT be given here (since they have no authority), this is only in order to be sure that my answers are sound with the actual belief of my church. If there are controversial topics, that are not, to my knowledge, clearly decided by official teachings, I will also tell you 'this is just my view' or something like that.
So please, have fun asking questions ! I will start by the questions that were posted since May 26 as it seems they received no answer since then :)

(I am a preacher in my local church, I am about to become a full-time employed missionary of the SDA church, but I am not a pastor, neither a theologian, and yes I can be wrong ^^)

unelie

Nov 28, 2021
Many of the brethren are not yet aware that the SDA has embraced the teaching of Jesus-Yeshua as God.

Are you in this group who have? Thank you and God bless you.
I am not completely sure what the question is ... but I think the answer is yes ;)

We believe Jesus (Yeshua) is God, there are many text to support that.
I personnaly love John 1.1 :

Joh 1:1
1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.