I am tempted by a coworker

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
I work as a chef,and one of the waitresses appears to have a crush on me, and she is not being subtle. Ie. Flirting, asking if I'm single,my age, other things that go past a professional relationship.

From what I understand, she is currently in a relationship with another man. I am currently happily single, but have always felt a bit insecure about my overall attractiveness to the other gender. I am also worried that I may never find that special someone, when the time comes.

How do I maintain a friendly professional relationship with this woman, and still be godly and polite?

PS. I am in no way considering taking it up with HR, as I think she's basically a good person, but just on the wrong track a little?

Z

Zi

Be honest and say you don't appreciate it because she is in a relationship.

You shouldn't want that type anyway.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I work as a chef,and one of the waitresses appears to have a crush on me, and she is not being subtle. Ie. Flirting, asking if I'm single,my age, other things that go past a professional relationship.

From what I understand, she is currently in a relationship with another man. I am currently happily single, but have always felt a bit insecure about my overall attractiveness to the other gender. I am also worried that I may never find that special someone, when the time comes.

How do I maintain a friendly professional relationship with this woman, and still be godly and polite?

PS. I am in no way considering taking it up with HR, as I think she's basically a good person, but just on the wrong track a little?
Why is she on the wrong track? Is there something wrong with you? She isn't obligated to the other guy if they aren't married.

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
I know she's not legally obligated, but it does seem to be a serious relationship, and I don't want to be a cause to the end of a relationship

Z

Zi

But if she's in a relationship why would you be flattered that she's flirting?

Do you think you'll invest time in her and she'll respect or honor it?
I know she's not legally obligated, but it does seem to be a serious relationship, and I don't want to be a cause to the end of a relationship

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
I only found out she was in a relationship an hour ago, up until then I was okay with her flirting.

Z

Zi

OK so since then how do you feel about her character?
I only found out she was in a relationship an hour ago, up until then I was okay with her flirting.

Z

Zi

If you're comfortable then enjoy..

:)

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
A bit put off, but I still consider her as a friend,and a relatively good person.

Z

Zi

No doubt she might be.

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
She has no problem asking you personal questions. Ask her if she has a boyfriend. Then watch how she responds.

N

NoNameMcgee

she does not seem like wife material to be flirting while involved...

i would suggest to be honest with her

lay everything out on the table after you ask her personally if she is taken

and if she is offended or suggests leaving her boyfriend for you... that shows her level of maturity and loyalty

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Tell her to be a respectable girlfriend, and stop flirting with other guys. OR, ask her how many relationships broke up because of her flirting.. lol

R

renewed_hope

Well, there are people that tend to flirt naturally even when in a relationship and they honestly don't see it. I would ignore it, it is her personality and treat her like you would anyone else you work with....now, if she touches your behind or kisses you then by all means tell her it's inappropriate...other than that she is being nice and trying to make conversation :)

Feb 5, 2017
Maybe she isn't flirting but being overly friendly. The 2 get mixed up quite often, especially when someone is hopeful that someone is attracted to them.

manofmen

Dec 15, 2017
I think maybe she has no qualms what so ever about having more than one relationships.A lot of people think quantity over rides quality.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Wow! A chef :) that's wonderful :) please post some of your dishes here :D

I guess just be honest with her and tell her that you are not interest with her :)

I guess you can handle it well you seem like a considerate and a respectful person :)

God bless you ❤

Feb 7, 2015
Then, don't be. Is she stronger than you, and is going to beat you up, or something if you don't go out with her? It's really that simple........... unless your real intent is just to let us know how irresistible you are.