I am terrible at this xD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Heart_Melody

Hi there fellow brothers and sisters,
My Name is Angelika and I am really 29 - I somehow entered the wrong year on my birthday. But hey! It's all good... Who's worried about leaving behind the twenties....?! Not I... hm... Nope ;)

It all started really with me wanting to find some ladies to go through a book together via SKYPE called "Growing Up" by Robbie Gallaty, on how to be and how to make disciples.
Since I am terrified of driving I haven't gotten my DL yet which makes regular meetings kind of hard. Especially since I live in a really nice rural village/town and it takes more than 20 minutes to get anywhere.

So I went to look for Christian Chatrooms and Forums to find such ladies and here I am! :)

I have been a born again believer since 2008 and I gotten to do missionary work for over 4 years and I have seen miracles and experienced many things - of which I would love to tell you if you would like to be friends!

I would also absolutely love to hear how you found Jesus - or He found you... And what you are up to!
God bless you!

Nov 14, 2016
Share some miracles...

H

Heart_Melody

one time I was in Honduras, Roatan.
We were there on a Humanitarian Aid Mission.

I was the Head Chef (and only chef just then) for the crew that was protecting the Ship at the dock from being loitered.
So I was making a left over dinner of chicken-salad sandwiches, green bean salad and some other small left over things.

But the Hondurans have a sort of cool way of just showing up right around dinner time :D

So a bunch of Honduran Pastors and some of our other crew memebers showed up unannounced.
Instead of freaking out though - I looked at my superior Miss Debbie and we said a prayer together for God to multiply our food.

I did not look at the little bowl of chicken-salad which would have fed the 8 crew members while serving. I didn't look at the 2 loafs of bread either. We just served and served and served..... And the 30 visitors and 8 crew Members ate.... and they came up for seconds too.... And by the end of it - the bowl of chicken salad and green bean salad was still filled.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Glad to have you join us. God bless you as well. Welcome to CC.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
one time I was in Honduras, Roatan.
We were there on a Humanitarian Aid Mission.

I was the Head Chef (and only chef just then) for the crew that was protecting the Ship at the dock from being loitered.
So I was making a left over dinner of chicken-salad sandwiches, green bean salad and some other small left over things.

But the Hondurans have a sort of cool way of just showing up right around dinner time :D

So a bunch of Honduran Pastors and some of our other crew memebers showed up unannounced.
Instead of freaking out though - I looked at my superior Miss Debbie and we said a prayer together for God to multiply our food.

I did not look at the little bowl of chicken-salad which would have fed the 8 crew members while serving. I didn't look at the 2 loafs of bread either. We just served and served and served..... And the 30 visitors and 8 crew Members ate.... and they came up for seconds too.... And by the end of it - the bowl of chicken salad and green bean salad was still filled.
Chicken salad is acceptable is real mayo is used. Best when served in a sandwich that is toasted. Not to sure about the green bean salad though.

H

Heart_Melody

or in the beginning times of being a missionary without any support (like I did not need people to send me money since my room and board was provided for the work I was doing), I had no pocket money for little nick naks.

Being an artist though, I really missed drawing and painting and I had left all my supplies to my cousin Randi before heading out on the Grey hound with my suitcase.

I had just heard a sermon about prayer and trusting God to be my Provider... So I prayed to God for some pencils and paper. This was in November 2010. On Sundays after church our little van of missionaries would stop at Walmart to get little snacks or get a 1$ burger or something like that - but I would walk to the very back where the school supplies were and look at the pencil sets for 9.98$. I would grab it after long pondering - thinking about the 15$ I had hoarded for the last two months waiting for a good opportunity to spend it and then I would go to the registers in the front, wait in line but right before it was my time to pay - I would remember my prayer and hope and so I would hang my shoulders and walk all the way back.... Hang up the pencils and walk out empty handed.

This happened for 2 months. Every. Sunday. I kept praying and I told nobody of my desire.

Finally someone left the ministry... A girl I had gotten close to but she had to leave on short notice and when she gave me a hug she whispered in my ear: "I left some things on your bed for you"...
I watched the van leave to bring her to the airport and I went to my little cabin on the ship. I thought that Amanda had left me some clothes she could not bring with her - since we were the same size...

But instead my bed was covered in art supplies of every nature. A huge wooden little art box with 20 pencils, char coal, pastels and water colors and acrylic colors and every kind of paper to do art with. Also a set of 200 colored pencils.
My fellow missionary friends told me later that those supplies amounted to over 500$.

I still cry when I remember how God rewarded my faith ;)

H

Heart_Melody

haha true. But when you are a missionary you use what you have, when you have it and mayo is a quiet expensive commodity actually :)

And you should try green bean salad one day - it's great! With vinegar, oil and onions! Yumm!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
haha true. But when you are a missionary you use what you have, when you have it and mayo is a quiet expensive commodity actually :)

And you should try green bean salad one day - it's great! With vinegar, oil and onions! Yumm!
The way you prepare it is probably a good dish.

W

Wild

Nice to have you here with us Angelika, and that must have been truly awesome to experience those miracles! Wow. Roatan is not a bad place to go either....safe travels !

H

Heart_Melody

Maybe the vacation spot is nice. The rest of the island is ridden with drugs. Thugs and poverty... You can just walk up from the docks five minutes to get to the slums. We have found bodies of murdered people and such fun things upon exploring the backside of roatan.

And thank you for your welcome

W

Wild

Maybe the vacation spot is nice. The rest of the island is ridden with drugs. Thugs and poverty... You can just walk up from the docks five minutes to get to the slums. We have found bodies of murdered people and such fun things upon exploring the backside of roatan.

And thank you for your welcome
Sorry you had to see that, I guess there is an ugly side to everything it seems

Oct 29, 2018
Hi there fellow brothers and sisters,
My Name is Angelika and I am really 29 - I somehow entered the wrong year on my birthday. But hey! It's all good... Who's worried about leaving behind the twenties....?! Not I... hm... Nope ;)

It all started really with me wanting to find some ladies to go through a book together via SKYPE called "Growing Up" by Robbie Gallaty, on how to be and how to make disciples.
Since I am terrified of driving I haven't gotten my DL yet which makes regular meetings kind of hard. Especially since I live in a really nice rural village/town and it takes more than 20 minutes to get anywhere.

So I went to look for Christian Chatrooms and Forums to find such ladies and here I am! :)

I have been a born again believer since 2008 and I gotten to do missionary work for over 4 years and I have seen miracles and experienced many things - of which I would love to tell you if you would like to be friends!

I would also absolutely love to hear how you found Jesus - or He found you... And what you are up to!
God bless you!
Hi, do you still use skype? If so, and want to chat there, let me know and we can add eachother. :)

S

Sherril

God bless you Melody praise God for all He is and does...ty for sharing awesome testimonies of Gods provision and that He sure is able to do great and mighty things in our lives....glad your here in Christian Chat.....glory to God now and forever...love in Christ Sherril...:)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hi, do you still use skype? If so, and want to chat there, let me know and we can add eachother. :)
For the most part, people here won't accept requests to go off-site onto skype with someone they don't know...