I am very interested in this site and Jesus can anyone help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jayking94

May 10, 2019
Hi I am trying to find some reason to life and what it means . Help

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hang around and join in on the various discussions in the forums or feel free to create your own thread on a topic of interest. A reason to life and what it means is really a basic question that we each must answer for ourselves. The answer to this inquiry can be found in the pages of the bible. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Oct 12, 2012
Hey jayking! Welcome aboard?! Come on in and hang out, go to family forum and state your case, let everyone know a little more about what you're saying or looking for. Welcome to the CC! 🤠

Mar 16, 2015
Are you saved? I have so tried so hard before I knew the Lord to fill my life with things that only the the indwelling of the Holy Spirit can fulfill looking for peace and meaning. I have tried so many routes of spirituality and "works," until I sincerely let the world and all it had to offer just weary me out, when all I wanted was to find something that was true and sure. After I got saved, the Holy Spirit showed me that all those things that I had surrounded myself with was just idle "clatter" that I used to fill that void.

I suppose that sometimes the biggest challenge is to take things a day at a time. You never know what God has in plan for you if you trust in Him.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.​
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Pro 3:5-6).​

You never really know where God will lead you if you have sought refuge in Him (Ru 2:12). I am amazed of what He is doing in my life now, and it may not be so great according to the world's standards, but He in His omniscience, He really surprises me the way He has given me the desires of my heart (Ps37:4) because His plans are so much greater than I would have ever imagined (Je 29:11). After all He, is the one that made me (Je 1:5). The greatest blessing is the joy of knowing Him and being free from everything that I was bound to in the world.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Ro 8:1)​

Knowing that, it helps me lay hold of promises such as Ro 8:28, even when everything around me seems to be falling apart:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.​

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you. Take a look at the other forums and make yourself at home. One reason for life is that God wanted children and we are loved by Him. When we accept His son, Jesus, we will live for eternity in His Heavenly kingdom. In the meantime, we all need to become familiar with His Word and strive to do His will on earth. God bless and hope to see you around the forums!

danja

Nov 28, 2014
hello Jayking ,welcome and i hope we can help you if you have any specific questions .God bless <3

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Jesus. He is the only reason. The only pupose in life is to seek a personal relationship with Him. He wants you to find Him. That is why He made you. He is waiting for you to just come as you are. Right now is a perfect time to do so.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

There is nothing we could do about that, so He did it for us...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Come to Him now. Let Him in. Let Him be your King and your best Friend. That is what you were made for. That is what you are supposed to do...

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Do it now.

Jayking94

May 10, 2019
Wow, really appreciate all of the replys so quickly. I am a little lost at the moment and genuinely find it very difficult to find faith with everything that goes on in this world. From other religions to aliens and various other ideas people have. The teachings from a lot of faiths which I have read are similar in meaning but still unfortunately fall for me into ancient ideas and books that were written in those times and if you ask yourself logically have no bearing on today. I’m not necessarily trying become a Christian per say as I was baptized so in life I am but I’ve no way been a good Christian if any sort of one (sorry guys). But I do believe in a higher power and just need some help, if not in a Christian manner but just to find peace and meaning. Hope this makes sense

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The teachings from a lot of faiths which I have read are similar
If we spend time investigating religions in depth / detail we soon come to a different conclusion.. Christianity is all about What God did for us out of Love.. It is about Us being saved by God.. It is about us simply accepting the gift of salvation and believing God..

In every other religion i have investigated it is about a transaction between men and God.. That being if you do, do ,do for God, God will do do do for you.. In other religions it is about working hard striving to receive a reward from God as a payment for reaching some kind of level of goodness..

In other religions it's like being a high jumper in training.. If you want to qualify you need to train and strain and sweat to reach a certain height..

In Christianity it is about embracing God and enjoying Him as He lifts you up over that bar..

G

Godsgirl83

Hello Jay. You said:
but I’ve no way been a good Christian if any sort of one
Well I have some news for you! NONE of us are either! You see in our Holy Bible Romans 3:22-24 it tells us:

22 And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

And in James 4:8 it says:
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

When you open yourself up and seek the Lord, He will make Himself known unto you.

I just remembered an old bumper sticker I saw as a kid. It always stuck out in my mind because of the funny play on words, but I think there is truth behind the silliness. It read:
NO Jesus= No peace
KNOW Jesus= Know peace