I Corinthians 6_19, 20 YE ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (I Corinthians 6:19-20).

We have being bought. Like a slave being bought. You were under one master when you got saved--Jesus redeemed you with His blood--you no longer have that old master. But you have another Master--and that is God--and God owns you body, soul and spirit. And so, when we don't think that anymore, and we go out like in the me-generation--I'm going to do this, and I'm going to do that because I'm ME--have fun, Christian. Because that means that you told God to go take a hike. You don't really want what God has for you.

Maybe you think you won't have any fun any more, I won't be able to do anything. How do you know? That's why you give things to God. When you give them to God you'll be amazed what God allows you to do for His glory. But when you don't do things for His glory, you have a problem. And you will have a problem.

You have these laws going on. And me know that the Spirit works in the yielded believer and we know that from what we read in Romans 8:2-4. But what I find amazing is the whole Book of Romans--well, from Romans all the way up to chapter eight--did you know that the Holy Spirit has only been mentioned ONE TIME.

And that is here . . .

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5).

We could go through chapter seven and read about the members, talking about the spirit?--we're talking about the Holy Spirit. The real love of God is God through you. And because iniquity waxed, the love of God is not found. So, the more we give to the flesh--the more we give to the old person--that love of God is less and less and less. We get more self-centered.

And so, we see the Holy Ghost there, but what you need to understand though, is, in chapter eight ... in this one chapter alone . . . He is mentioned 19 times.

So from Romans 3:21 all the way to chapter 5:11 the Bible speaks of the redemptive PRICE--and when you get to chapter eight, you are encouraged because it speaks about the redemptive POWER.

Everything is about power--and it is not your power--it is the power you have, and you can make yourself available to, and that is the power of the Holy Ghost. So we are back to IF you understand that you were lost, and you got saved--and when you got saved, the presence of God moved in--and you know it. So, from that day on as your mind and body starts to mature--more and more of that body starts to mature--the more you are going to notice that it is harder and harder to do good to where you almost can't do it any more. And when that happens, what do you do? You start to learn about the presence of God. You ask God for help. And Lord have mercy, when you get power to go the whole day thinking about God, thinking about people lost on their way to hell, thinking about doing a good job at work or at school, Wow!

I mean, you went the whole day--at the end of the day, even though evil was present, do you know Who won out? God won out. Why? Because God is working His life through you. Can you get that? This is so deep and complex. Do you know why? Because it is so simple.

Well, yes. Sometimes it takes some of us thirty years to figure all this stuff out, so stubborn we are and full of pride. But that is it in a nutshell. When you got saved--when you got converted--you got a connection. Oh man, you are connected now. And being connected, you can't do evil and like it. You can get as high as you want to and try to forget it--but you know what?--as soon as you come down off your high you feel guilty. And you got to keep getting high over and over again, to keep doing wrong, it is no more the pleasure of the high--you want to do wrong now--you've been consumed with the old person.

And yet you are saved--and you can't figure it out. And the devil will keep giving you wrong information because you are open to it.

When the Bible says you left your first love, you need to return to it. You need to remember, maybe you were young, but you need to remember that time--it had to be that time, and you should remember, because you were there. And how good everything seemed to be, like a honeymoon. Well, you have to mature. You have to stop being a carnal Christian, a baby Christian. You have to start to mature. You need to understand that this flesh is not supposed to rule over you, but you are to rule over it by the power of the Holy Ghost of God. That has to happen.

You do a study of Romans seven. Do a study of chapter six--getting saved and walking in newness of life--and then you come to seven, wow, what a mess! And then you come to eight, that's your river crossing--that's your Canaan--all of sudden you come to eight (new beginnings) and you say, "Oh my goodness! Now therefore there is no condemnation!"

Because in seven you went through it--thinking you are condemned--why? Because you keep sinning. You don't know why? You're saved--and you keep giving in--and God says because there is a law ... that stinking flesh!

So, once you figure it out you can't just say, "Okay, I'm just not going to do good any more, therefore evil is not present." No, dummy. If you don't do good any more you ain't gonna no nothing--because evil has taken you over. Already took you over.

But if you are saved, you got that Spirit of God, you need to start learning how to communicate and get the presence of God in your life in that area. And then you can branch out. Right now, you know yourself and you know what you are going through. And I'm telling you--it don't get easier. The older you get, the faculties aren't working as quick, you start getting into legacy-type things, mind-sets and the devil knows how to keep messing you up. He keeps messing you up. And you forget that it is a law. I'm not dead yet. I'm still wrapped in this prison of flesh--it's still there.

So, the inside requires an increase in diet of the Word of God and prayer. That's what has to take place. Don't lay back and give in and give over. Don't stop doing good. You start learning how to communicate with God so He gives you power to do good in the presence of evil. That's what you have to do. Amen!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So, basically, because someone once prayed to God, and asked for forgiveness.......

Now they are free to do whatever.......live in complete disobedience to God, and .......... that's cool, 'cuz dey b saved?

Wow..........

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
So, basically, because someone once prayed to God, and asked for forgiveness.......

Now they are free to do whatever.......live in complete disobedience to God, and .......... that's cool, 'cuz dey b saved?

Wow..........

(Brother, I understand what you have said, and that with reason.)

Once we repent we are free (of the curse of the law) to do our best to liive in God's will according to the Teacher, and His Light on what and how to obey……...knowing we will never be perfect in this garment called flesh.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
(Brother, I understand what you have said, and that with reason.)

Once we repent we are free (of the curse of the law) to do our best to liive in God's will according to the Teacher, and His Light on what and how to obey……...knowing we will never be perfect in this garment called flesh.
Here is some interesting info'

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrE...sas.html/RK=2/RS=OdqhEXZp9xDNIyqAdfs2kNV2HUY-

(excerpt)

The Fathers will is also that all men be saved, but most people won't be saved right (Matt 7:14)?
Yep, Jesus's work is finished, and as long as you REMAIN in him, that is "in Christ" you can rest as well. What does the bible say "remain in me and I will remain in you?" What does "remain" mean? Go look it up. That word, like every othe word in the bible were used FOR A REASON.

Dec 12, 2013

Wow..........
Another idiotic comment and nothing that he has every implied.....for being a worker for you sure like to do things that are not biblical....mainly accuse people of saying or implying things they have not said nor implied....apply Proverbs 6 to your ROSE dogma

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018

Wow..........
Thats the modern day salvation stimulus package.

Get yer heaven insurance today, just say this quick prayer on the commercial break of the ballgame. Paul Washer did a good sermon on that. He said that he had seen some baptist preachers in the funeral of criminals and they said that they "were in heaven". Why did those preachers say that? Because those criminals had said the sinner's prayer way back then, so that carries on, despite the lack of repentance, and sometimes even if they become atheists later on in life, they are still considered saved by some of these guys.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

Get yer heaven insurance today, just say this quick prayer on the commercial break of the ballgame. Paul Washer did a good sermon on that. He said that he had seen some baptist preachers in the funeral of criminals and they said that they "were in heaven". Why did those preachers say that? Because those criminals had said the sinner's prayer way back then, so that carries on, despite the lack of repentance, and sometimes even if they become atheists later on in life, they are still considered saved by some of these guys.
Quit with the anecdotes and show me biblically where I am in error. I'm not talking about you throwing out some proof texts. Give me their sense and context.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

Wow..........
It must be awesome to be where you are . . . sinless perfection and all that stuff. You know, some people just aren't as good as you are. They are carnal, that is, they are still babes. Retarded babes that are not growing like they should. Yea, some Christians remain babes throughout their entire Christian life and all they are good for is wood, hay and stubble, yet they will be saved, so as by fire. Hey, go argue with Paul. He wrote it, and he only wrote what God told him to write.

In you case, "Remaining Obedient Scures Eternity" . . . well, that don't cut it. Your obedience must be a perfect obedience. You have to be perfect--'cept, you already lost it. You can't even spell secures right. That's not perfection.

So, I'll take my imperfect life prone to failure along the way to your alternate path to God based upon your own human merit. I'll take the Blood of Jesus Christ and I John 1:9 applied liberally throughout my day to your belief that some how God is thrilled just to be in the same room as you as you humble Him with your glow.

m'kay?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

Great point, this is why I don't go to funerals. The preacher, no matter what denomination, sends the deceased to heaven. My dad went to church when he got sick. I asked him why, after spending his entire life mocking the Bible, did he decide to go to a Baptist church after he got sick? He owned a bar in a small town for 40 years. He was convinced the Bible was a fraud because so many of the "Christian" folks who harped on him and spoke badly of him would sneak out Sat. night and fool around with some one else's wife or husband. He had forty years of business dealings and run in's with those in his town who faithfully went to church every Sunday morning. He said he had gone to many funerals here and the church sent everyone of them to heaven. He figured if it worked for some of his outlaw friends, why not give it a try. I loved my dad, and grieved his life choice. I could never get him to just consider God's Words and not judge God by the hypocrisy and actions of those who call Him "Lord, Lord. But his heart just wasn't there. I think about the Words of Paul to the Mainstream Preachers of his day.

Rom. 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Isaiah 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.

Just more evidence that "there is no new thing under the sun".

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Great point, this is why I don't go to funerals. The preacher, no matter what denomination, sends the deceased to heaven. My dad went to church when he got sick. I asked him why, after spending his entire life mocking the Bible, did he decide to go to a Baptist church after he got sick? He owned a bar in a small town for 40 years. He was convinced the Bible was a fraud because so many of the "Christian" folks who harped on him and spoke badly of him would sneak out Sat. night and fool around with some one else's wife or husband. He had forty years of business dealings and run in's with those in his town who faithfully went to church every Sunday morning. He said he had gone to many funerals here and the church sent everyone of them to heaven. He figured if it worked for some of his outlaw friends, why not give it a try. I loved my dad, and grieved his life choice. I could never get him to just consider God's Words and not judge God by the hypocrisy and actions of those who call Him "Lord, Lord. But his heart just wasn't there. I think about the Words of Paul to the Mainstream Preachers of his day.

Rom. 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Isaiah 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.

Just more evidence that "there is no new thing under the sun".
I doubt seriously that you love your dad seeing as how you would rather consign him to hell then to even entertain the possibility that a man can repent and be saved at any time in their life. He won't have anything in heaven when he got there, but he'll be there -- if he truly cried out to God to be saved.

People somehow imagine that heaven is the apex of everything that God could possibly have in store for people . . . the ultimate end all and be all. It is not. It is just a place. That is all it is. For those bringing no good works to present to the Master, it will be by the skin of their teeth- their garments with the smell of smoke upon them. They will not possess the robe of righteousness, they will not wear any crowns, they will not rule and reign with Christ.

. . . but . . . they . . . will . . . be . . . there . . .

If you wish to rip out verses from your Bible, such as "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (II Peter 3:9).

But then, we know that many of you use your own personal righteousness as the standard for God's mercy . . .

P

pottersclay

I've just finished a study called strength in weakness. A sermon by Alister begg. Taken from the words of Paul when he said if I boast about anything let me boast of my weakness.
Power comes from knowing your weakness, sounds strange but as the scriptures say "when I am weak then I am strong".
We are bought with a high price but we are only jars of clay for the Masters use. Aka saints.
When we allow ourselves to see ourselves as only jars of clay then we can see how weak we are .
Through the Lord's eyes we can move mountains, raise the dead, heal the sick, why because nothing is impossible for God .
It is not our will but God's will that any good work should be done.
In short remain the vessle of honor in which you have been called.
In the name of Christ Jesus, who is the holy one , who has created all things, who controls all things, who hold all things together,
This is our power to call upon the name of the Lord.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place: For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief" (Proverbs 24:15-16).

AMEN!

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds" (Romans 2:1-6).

"And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you" (Romans 2:19-24).

See, my theory is that you ROSE-tainted folks sin just as much, if not more, than those of us that cling to eternal security. You just redefine sin so that it isn't really sin any more . . . maybe just a teeny, tiny little mistake. I bet you all use the phrase, 'well, I'm only human' quite a bit.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I've just finished a study called strength in weakness. A sermon by Alister begg. Taken from the words of Paul when he said if I boast about anything let me boast of my weakness.
Power comes from knowing your weakness, sounds strange but as the scriptures say "when I am weak then I am strong".
We are bought with a high price but we are only jars of clay for the Masters use. Aka saints.
When we allow ourselves to see ourselves as only jars of clay then we can see how weak we are .
Through the Lord's eyes we can move mountains, raise the dead, heal the sick, why because nothing is impossible for God .
It is not our will but God's will that any good work should be done.
In short remain the vessle of honor in which you have been called.
In the name of Christ Jesus, who is the holy one , who has created all things, who controls all things, who hold all things together,
This is our power to call upon the name of the Lord.
And yet, God gives us a part in this great production . . .

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work" (II Timothy 2:19-21).

If we wish to be used by God we must keep ourselves clean and pure . . . do we think that God is speaking to unbelievers here? Of course not! Yet, why would he encourage believers to depart from iniquity? To hear some speak (ahem, ROSE-tainted heretics) iniquity will cause a man to lose his salvation and go to hell.

Too bad they are ignorant not only of the 'whole counsel of God' but of 'Satan's devices' as well. Satan loves him some theological gasbags that don't know the first thing about Bible context . . . because they don't read it -- they just take what their unsaved preacher tells them is truth and run with it.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It must be awesome to be where you are . . . sinless perfection and all that stuff. You know, some people just aren't as good as you are. They are carnal, that is, they are still babes. Retarded babes that are not growing like they should. Yea, some Christians remain babes throughout their entire Christian life and all they are good for is wood, hay and stubble, yet they will be saved, so as by fire. Hey, go argue with Paul. He wrote it, and he only wrote what God told him to write.

In you case, "Remaining Obedient Scures Eternity" . . . well, that don't cut it. Your obedience must be a perfect obedience. You have to be perfect--'cept, you already lost it. You can't even spell secures right. That's not perfection.

So, I'll take my imperfect life prone to failure along the way to your alternate path to God based upon your own human merit. I'll take the Blood of Jesus Christ and I John 1:9 applied liberally throughout my day to your belief that some how God is thrilled just to be in the same room as you as you humble Him with your glow.

m'kay?
That comment makes not a bit of sense compared to anything I have said.......All you have left is this?

Goodness.......

I am the one who admits to not being perfect. I am the one who admits that I will, from time to time, slip, and when I do, I am the one who believes it is necessary to admit that sin, and ask God to forgive that sin, and He will be faithful to do so. Perfect? Shoot.............that's just a sad attempt on your part to discredit what I have said. It don't work........

I am the one who claims the precious blood of Christ for the cleansing of sin........ I don't believe what I did back in 1983, when I accepted Him as Savior and Lord of my life gives me a license to do what I wish because.......shoot.....I has alreadys been forgiven!

Sin is not forgiven until forgiveness is asked for.......The blood of Christ is surely there, more than enough for all the sins of all mankind for all time...........but........it one does not ASK for forgiveness, it WILL NOT be applied.

Your dig at ROSE is just childish...........

I believe firmly in Free Will. Can you say the same? Not if you believe in OSAS. OSAS is nothing more than Baptist Calvinism. Once saved..........can't lose it. That's what y'all always say. Hey! And y'all are right! Surprised I would say that? Why not? It is true. One can NEVER LOSE their salvation for God has said He will never leave or forsake us............and Paul said he was convinced that NO OTHER POWER in the heavens or earth could tear us from His Hands............and he is right! There is NO OTHER power that can do that.

What he, nor God ever said is WE CAN NOT TURN OUR BACKS ON GOD, and LEAVE AND FORSAKE HIM! Christ and Paul both spoke of the great falling away that will come.......

We CAN NOT LOSE our salvation, but (if you believe in free will) WE CAN THROW IT AWAY!

If you do not believe this, then you do not believe in free will and just say so and quit pretending that you do.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Yet you believe that Remaining Obedient Scures Eternity . . . you are lying if you are now saying that you can not lose your salvation.
And you are calling God a liar.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You really don't understand what you are reading do you? It's just to the point that you have no credible argument remaining, so it's just misstate and attack?

Goodness....

We CAN NOT LOSE our salvation, but (if you believe in free will) WE CAN THROW IT AWAY!

This is what I said.........and have said since I have been here............and it in no way calls God a liar. That's just a sad attempt to deflect from what is truly being said.

You have zero understanding of what I said about remaining obedient secures eternity, or how I applied the appropriate Scriptures to it. If you do not believe one must remain obedient to God/Christ..........that's between you and Him.

Make sure you know what you are talking about before you try and discredit someone. Your ship is leaking..... and you appear to be down to silly attacks and misquoting what others say to try and remain afloat.

I see you had nothing to say about free will............hmm........

Now, I fully realize and accept that you have the God given right to read Scripture and through prayer and guidance from the Holy Spirit (given you have the indwelling presence, not all believers do yet), to come to the understanding of Scripture that you do. That is your God given right!

But, hey, buttercup, so do I. And my God given right does not end where your denominational ideologies begin.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Oh, ok......now you are saying I am not saved, sanctified......GOT IT! Typical baptist bullarkey.....

Your down to that stuff, you have already lost..........sad, truly sad.........but, hey........

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
There are a lot of people on this site that are not saved but can sure quote themselves some Bible. The truth is, I don't know about you other than what I read. It's possible that you might have actually heard the Gospel when you were young and trusted Christ, but you have got a hold of some bad teachers that have you totally confused. I hope you are saved and just believe some guys dishonest teachings . . . but ultimately we'll know that at the Great White Throne by which side of the fence you are standing at.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I doubt seriously that you love your dad seeing as how you would rather consign him to hell then to even entertain the possibility that a man can repent and be saved at any time in their life. He won't have anything in heaven when he got there, but he'll be there -- if he truly cried out to God to be saved.

People somehow imagine that heaven is the apex of everything that God could possibly have in store for people . . . the ultimate end all and be all. It is not. It is just a place. That is all it is. For those bringing no good works to present to the Master, it will be by the skin of their teeth- their garments with the smell of smoke upon them. They will not possess the robe of righteousness, they will not wear any crowns, they will not rule and reign with Christ.

. . . but . . . they . . . will . . . be . . . there . . .

If you wish to rip out verses from your Bible, such as "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (II Peter 3:9).

But then, we know that many of you use your own personal righteousness as the standard for God's mercy . . .
I loved my dad you white washed wall.

Not the way those religious holier than thou folks who called the Christ Lord, Lord did. Who condemned him his own life for "sinning" while they stole and cheated others for money and lust, all in the name of Jesus.

He didn't believe in God and neither did many others who this church sent to heaven. What he saw from them was not folks who were Christ like, but people who used religion as cover for their own greed and lust.

Much the same way you took one verse and used it to justify your religion. As the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time did, you omit the parts of God's Word which explain the message.

2 Pet. 3:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance"

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

The Christ didn't lie to me in His Love for me, so I didn't lie to my Dad out of Love for him. He had his chance just like we all do. I am grieved but not willing to reject Him or any of His Word's because of it.

It's not God's fault that my Dad didn't choose life. Many people don't. God gave him 77 years to "believe" in His Promise and come to repentance. That is a loving God.

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

He was truly "Cold" , not "lukewarm" all his life. In this I have hope.