I could be wrong

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is the chance that you would admit that something you have said here was wrong?

  • 100%

    Votes: 14 93.3%
  • 66%

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 33%

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Now why would I do that?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15

RickyZ

Senior Member
Sep 20, 2012
9,635
788
113
What is the chance that you would admit that something you have said here is wrong?

When was the last time you did it?
 
Eating crow is part of life.

It is awful stuff.

Sometimes being wrong,admitting it,and being humble shows more character than being right.

We humanoids are a fickle bunch.

The best position is having the 'right one" living inside.
 
I say very little, and can't remember when I was wrong. At least wrong for me! But I now apologize for any wrongs I have not been aware of because no one can be right all the time.
 
I have publicly stated that when I first came here, I was a synergist. I believe I was wrong, now I am a monergist.

I hopefully have apologized on occasion for losing it with people. Sometimes people have wanted me to apologize, but in fact, they were not right about what I said, so I have not. But, if I have been unduly harsh, I have on quite a few occasions, apologized.

Since we are only human, and therefore make mistakes, lose it, or generally don't act with respect, it is incumbent upon us all to admit when we are wrong. I think if everyone did this, the forum would be a much more respectful place. Certainly, we all have room for improvement in this area. Name calling and the like should always be admitted and apologized. As far as theology, well, sometimes people realize another aspect of what they were saying, and might admit they were wrong. I hope!
 
There is a reason why the Bible gives us instructions on what to do when a brother does something wrong against you... Because inevitably we are going to do something wrong.

That being said, I can be too quick to admit wrong at times due to insecurity but I'm learning to be more confident. If I have that conviction in my heart I have wronged, I will admit it.
 
I guess I was wrong when I said there wasn't a place where one could see in a moment all the kingdoms of the world.

a-277d-e1426402365976.jpgGoogle Earth

But then again.


​
 
Last edited:
What is the chance that you would admit that something you have said here is wrong?

When was the last time you did it?

Does that involve actually telling the others you were wrong or just admitting it to yourself:cool:
 
I'm wrong about a lot of things and it isn't hard for me to admit it but it is hard for some to admit they are wrong. For instance in doctrines of scripture many have their own set of beliefs set in stone and god forbid you should question them, I used to be the same way but love is the cure for all illness even pride.
 
well, my pup thinks I'm very wrong to sit here at this computer when she wants to play...so later ya'll..

I do love each and every one of you...which is new for me on a forum.
 
well, my pup thinks I'm very wrong to sit here at this computer when she wants to play...so later ya'll..

I do love each and every one of you...which is new for me on a forum.
aww i wanna puppy sooo baaaaaaad
 
I have stated a few times I stand corrected....... ;)


Any ground will do to bury
One the earth does not anticipate
Drinking in the spirit wide shouldered
Wide mouth perfect mason
The no good thing in me
The seller of the Son
The cast down mosaic
The lawless one
The shakers are shambled

A standing fire ever doth intercede
Rip the roof off and lower me down
Forever in my time of need


Son of the foaming sea
Her kiss just three days away
From me
Nevertheless
Are we not His witness?
(Nevertheless)

This thing I have known
He likes it cedar wood made
Sealed with pitch
The many rooms inside
Come on soothsayer
Hey! one ball remains
He sees red; six He has hated
Yea, even seven

Lying in wait
In the shadow dim lit
Ascended on high
Taking captivity captive, my audience
Do you hear what I hear?
Way up in the sky, little lamb?
I stand, corrected
The refractory may rest
In the shadow dim lit
We remember
One bull remains
Way up in the sky little lamb

Yea, even seven

Forever in my time of need come!

​

[video=youtube;E5dLaIh8wdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dLaIh8wdM[/video]
 
I admit I'm wrong all the time. I'm married.

Even when I'm not wrong I still admit I'm wrong.
 
ISA. 57:15.
For thus saith the High andLlofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place, with Him also that is of a contrite and humble Spirit,
to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
 
I have made some bad mistakes with some bad attitudes -- have tried to honestly repent.