I could use some advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 28, 2017
Be yourself and never lie about who you are to yourself or others. Be strong in what you believe in and what you know God wants for you. If you are always yourself then you will only surround yourself with people who love you and respect you! Im here for you, sister!

FairyTail_363

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you.:)
I do try to talk to God a lot.
I never talked for 30 min but I am willing to try that.

Nov 6, 2017
Hi,
If you think that what your friends are doing is wrong, then don't go along with it. If you have already tried explaining it to them, just leave them until you feel comfortable going back. If they decide not to be friends with you beacause of that, you shouldn't be friends with them. Try to make freinds with kids at your church insread.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
They gave you advice so thats cool i cant help but notice your name so shoutout to fairy tail xD

FairyTail_363

Oct 31, 2017
I would like to thank everyone for their help.
I would say that the Lord helped me with this problem.
The teacher recently made me switch seats with another student and that seat is and the totally opposite side from my friends.
We do still talk but I see that things are getting better.
I guess I used to talk a lot when I sat right in between them.
I was kind of sad that I had to change seats but I see now the reason for it.

But I would to thank everybody.
Everyone was really nice and supportive.:D

T

Tinuviel

I would like to thank everyone for their help.
I would say that the Lord helped me with this problem.
The teacher recently made me switch seats with another student and that seat is and the totally opposite side from my friends.
We do still talk but I see that things are getting better.
I guess I used to talk a lot when I sat right in between them.
I was kind of sad that I had to change seats but I see now the reason for it.

But I would to thank everybody.
Everyone was really nice and supportive.:D
God works in great and mysterious ways :). He is good!

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Glorious Heavenly Father, I come to you now on behalf of Priscilla. Father, she is struggling with her friends and peers. It can be very confusing trying to navigate relationships at her age, or any age for that matter. Father, please give her the wisdom she needs to interact with people the way you want her to.

Father, let her know that she can crawl up on your lap anytime she wants to and that you will put your arms around her and kiss her forehead and let her know how much you love her. Father, you love her so much that you sent your one and only human born Son to be tortured and murdered in her place, and that three days later you raised Him from the dead.

Father, please bring into her life godly Christian friends that will support and encourage her and with whom she can have lots of fun.

Father, please please please bring into her life a godly woman who can act as a surrogate mother with whom she can share and receive advice and have a healthy God honoring relationship.

Lord, please bless Priscilla and make her the godly woman you want her to be.

I ask these things in the name of your one and only Son, Messiah Jesus.

daniii

Apr 17, 2017
I respect you so much. When I was 14 I was “a christian” I thought I was. But I also wanted to be cool you know? It was really hard trying to live with God and being friends with non believers. I cant give you the answer you need because I went the wrong way. But being with God doesnt mean becoming a loner. Try find some christian friends, now that I have some I realise how important they are. You can be with your friends if you keep your boundaries. Of course it will be hard because they don’t understand. Whenever Im with my non believer friends its different. Its fun but it always goes to talking behind backs and stuff. I just try to speak the truth and sometimes tell them if it goes over the line. Or change the subject. But you NEED christian friends also. They walk with you the same way. I didnt have a chance for them because I live in a small town and churches are based on elderly people and little kids.

I’ll pray for you stay strong sister you are going the right path. And you have God on your side, so either way you’ll win. But if you wanna talk hmu. I know what you’re going through. ❤️

May 28, 2017
Live your life how you feel you should deep in your heart. Do good and try your hardest to ignore whats bad. God will never give you anything too much to handle. You can't change your friends or your dad or the world, people just believe different things sometimes and that should be respected. Be yourself and who YOU feel you should be and ask God for guidance to be the best person you can be and rely on him for everything. Eventually you will only surround yourself with those who care about you as much as you do for them and you will only have things around you that you like and you will make the life that you chose.

Kowaffles

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is Jake and i have a troubling question. A few people told me that gays go to hell and well, im bi. And i dont know if thats bad. What do yall think?

T

Tinuviel

Hi everyone, my name is Jake and i have a troubling question. A few people told me that gays go to hell and well, im bi. And i dont know if thats bad. What do yall think?
Being gay (or bi, or whatever you want to throw out there), won't send you to hell. Not believing and resting upon Jesus Christ will. You have the choice to turn from your worldly lifestyle and turn to Jesus to save you. That's the answer for you, for me, for every hurting sinner that has ever gone to heaven. Repent and come to Jesus, who died on the cross to save you.

Welcome to CC by the way. Jumping in on the middle of an old thread isn't the most professional, and it is likely to make people think you're a troll :). So make your own thread to address this issue; the family forum or Misc Forum might be a better place, since you don't have your age on your profile and no one knows if you're a teen or not. Go to the appropriate forum and press the blue button that says "Post new thread" and go from there.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Refuse it. You can choose to be like God wants us, hetero. Dont accept worldly titles
Being gay, bi or whatever is not of God. Repent and dont engage into same sex relationships and ur fine.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Hi my name is Priscilla and I am 14

I just would like some advice for someone my age.
I will not lie but being a teen and staying close to god is really hard.
I promise i will never give up on god it's just that at my age their are so many distractions.
I love my friends but if i truly wish to be as close to them as i would like i would be disobeying god SO much.
So what should i do. Should i cut off my friends. I really don't want to do that because i don't like to be alone. I know i will always have god but seeing people not talk to me makes me feel like know one likes me.

At my age social media would be everything to me but that is not a part of my life.
I have cut off many thing for god and i feel good.
I have been walking better with god and have been sinning much less.....except when i am with my friends.
It really hurts me to go home after school and ask god to forgive me. I don't want to hurt god anymore.
I have hurt him to much in my life and really really really DO NOT want to do it anymore.

Life is really hard. I do go to church but rather be alone with god.

I would also like to hear his voice so he can lead me but i don't know when it's him or just my mind.

It's also really sad to see how my friend are not listening to god.
I really try to tell them about him but they don't listen.

If their is anyone who i an talk to about stuff like this would be nice.
i did talk about stuff like this to my mom but she passes away last year.
My dad ... he is Christian but he smokes and does not listen me when i tell him to stop.
I do love him but also fear for him because he does not listen.

it would also be nice to have people my age so we can relate and talk about stuff like this but finding Christian my age where i live is so hard.

So i would love some advice.
Thank you.
Ok so i suggest new friends right off the bat lol like seriously bad company corrupts good morals plus it would give you some people to share your faith with on a very personal level if that makes sense. Second im sorry for your mom but you should talk to your Dad even if he smokes don't just hold that against him im sure he cares about you and would love to talk. And finding people your age is always hard so don't worry about it too much and just try to broaden your scope when it comes to finding friends. Im like 17 tho so I don't think i count according to you xD. Anyway God bless

K

kaylagrl

bumping spam,don't mind me :)

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
being a teenager is hard. The group wants you to do self destructive things to yourself or others to be cool. It's hard to take a stand to promote a more ethical setting. Keep your eyes on your future. Take time to enjoy the present. Like is a marathon not a sprint.

Dec 15, 2015
Develop a devotional life. Focus in on Bible reading and prayer but worship, journaling, scripture memorization and other disciplines are helpful too. It is mean are things that you do in private to grow in godliness. When I was teenager, it changed my life. The value is incalculable.

May 28, 2017
Feel free to contact me as well if you ever want to talk to someone one on one!

Feb 21, 2018
Hi!
You are not alone. I am 18, but still navigating the troubles of being a teenager and a Christian. There are so many expectations and stigmas. I have friends that even taunt my religion in front of me. I like to think of all these things as God's obstacles. He has put them in place to make our faith stronger. If your friends are not acceptant of your faith/religion then they are not worth any of it. This here, this forum is a good first step to improving your walk. I would try going to a local support group or even reach out to some more people online. One of my favorite things to go is watch Christian YouTubers. It reminds me that I am not alone and that there are other teenagers like me out there. It is also important to admit when you are sinning and try your best to stay away. Your father... that is a hard one. Only he can make the decision to stop. If ever he is smoking something that leads to him hurting you, report it. You are so caring to worry about him, but some things we have to let God work on. You should be proud of yourself and your faith. Good Luck! I am here to answer any questions you have.
CC

becc

Mar 4, 2018
there are a lot of things u said that i can easily relate to, like the social media and friends and God's voice too, i was born ina christian home but not until last year december did i really try to be christ-like, i know it really is difficult with the friends cuz my sister thinks i'm paranoid about friends but what i do most times is try to avoid conversations with them that would be ungodly, this might be difficult for you but when my friends start talking about things i shouldn't talk about, i either tell them to pipe down or i just walk away, it makes sinning less possible. about God's voice, i'm still trying with that cuz i can't differentiate God's voice from my mind. it would be nice to talk to you cuz we have a lot in common but i myself am still struggling with this life