I have a lot of anxiety over whether or not I'm to Hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CandyJ

Mar 1, 2020
I had believed that only 'bad' people were destined to Hell, but now I have learnt that ALL humans are sinners, and as such are predestiend to go to Hell by default. What can I do to avoid eternal torment?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I had believed that only 'bad' people were destined to Hell, but now I have learnt that ALL humans are sinners, and as such are predestiend to go to Hell by default. What can I do to avoid eternal torment?
Hi Candy...
I looked at your profile , you say your unsure about your spiritual faith ...
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior , are you born again ...

I hope someone comes along soon to help you...

You are young as I see in your profile , your profile picture is not suitable as in your underwear showing like that , I am saying this to you from a motherly love , that kind of dressing will cause wrong people to attract themselves to you...
...xox...

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Well. I will say the internet has an awful lot of people who aren't who they appear to be. Seeking God through the bible was what I did long before I went asking questions to strangers who may be less than genuine.

If we want to be saved from a just punishment, we need to trust in Christ as our Lord and Savior and be born again.

It is not about what you do, but about who you are.

He can adopt us as His own children, but this happens by grace (His mercy) through faith (in Christ).

If you are truly feeling drawn to Christ I believe you ought to be willing to accept His word as absolute truth,learn of His promises, and trust in them.

If you have belief,trust, and confidence in Christ you will notice Gods works in you.

You will start to see the things He hates as shameful and something to avoid or be delivered from.

You will start to desire to be more useful and want to share the truth He has provided you....

We start as dirt.... His truth is the seed which when planted in us, if recieved and not rejected will grow roots then into a sappling and eventually a tree with a lot of fruit.

You at the very least if being honest have accepted you need His mercy, seems someone has planted some seeds of truth at some point.... you just need to accept this as true and nourish this truth by seeking His will and in time you will be confident that He who started in you will continue unto the day of Christ...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I want to believe in Jesus
That is great , and please may it be God calling you to Him...

Do you have a bible ? , if not , there are some great resources online that you can read the bible till you get one...

The bible says in James 4:8
Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

You are correct that even good people will go to hell without having Jesus as their LORD and Savior , stay around and keep popping back , I am sure some will come and help you as it is late here so I will be off line soon ,...

It is truly wonderful that you are seeking Jesus , Jesus said in Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Keep knocking...
...xox...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Candy, no one is currently in hell. Hell is merely the resting place for the dead.

Only God knows who will eventually end up in the lake of fire. It does no good for us to worry about it, so stop worrying about it. :)

Ask Him to save you. Say "Lord, I believe you died for my sins. I take you as my Lord and Savior." :)

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
How do I do that? and is there any way we can ALL go to Heaven? I don't like the thought of children going to Hell
Just pray to Him. That’s the first step. The question with Hell must be looked at this way. If God is the standard of what is good and moral, anything that deviates from that is what is considered evil.

People hate God. Why? Because He convicts us of our evil. If God is the Creator of humans, is He just in condemning them? Of course. As for children, you must remember that God is fair and loving. Would He send someone who does not know right from wrong to Hell? Of course not.
consider this verse from 2 Samuel when King David’s infant son died:

But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.

Or what Jesus said about the children:
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

God does not send children to Hell.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I would hope not, but I'm sure I do if I'm being honest.
Have you lied? Stolen? Taken His Name in vain? Here is the thing though, God shows mercy to people depending on their knowledge of Him. Since you are young and don’t know certain things about him, He would be more than willing to have compassion and try to correct you. Someone like me who knows more, God would deal with much harsher.

Jun 23, 2019
This is a fake profile, with a fake picture people. Just a heads up. Don't feed the troll

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Believe Jesus.. And trust that the He paid the penalty for all your sins when He willingly sacraficed His own life on the cross..

The Key to salvation is Believing and Trusting Jesus..