I have a problem with older men....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 13, 2018
I know a couple of young men that bill. I just find it ironic that these young men talk to me about the same things. They want to find a grounded person to date and they are few and far between. Is'nt that funny. I think in today's hurried life. People don't take the time to get to know One another. Oyr are willing to sacrifice anything. And going back to that divorce thing. It is an epidemic in this country. People these day's go into Marriage thinking that, " If things work out, they work out, if not, not"I am glad that if anyone wanting get' married in my church has to attend counseling for an entire before they can get married...
Entire year*

Sep 13, 2018
The secret to keeping an older man happy?

Let Him control the Remote........and, no matter what......do not disturb him when he is watching his favorite TV Show!

View attachment 190820
I can think of a lot of things that would make this "older man' happy. Watching T.V. would'nt be one of them. I do that on my own...lol.

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
I know, I've instilled this in my daughter. She is now a teenager.. Sorry about what going through... I really don't get the "boys" in your generation. When I was your age, things were definitely different..
generation after generation say the same thing ( The older guys) "When I was your age we used to take it outside and settled it with our fist...now you got guys using knives and guns...not what it used to be like.." *cough..cough* :LOL: ahgggrah splat :ROFL:

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Over the past year or so, I’ve found myself to be drawn or attracted to older men, say twice my age (between 40 and 50 year olds).

I’m actually finding that some of them I can actually connect with in terms of conversations and sharing the passion of Jesus Christ. I’m not a person who’s super mature either, but for some reason, these older men are just ones who are cool calm and collective and that I can easily converse with, some of whom have great sense of humour.

I think I’ve shamed myself to even think that, the older you get, the less humorous you become and your serious side comes out as you age, but some of these men have proven me wrong of that indeed.

My only concern is, of course, the age gap and the worry that I might actually fall in love, which scares me (I’m only human!). I’ve kept all these friendships FRIENDZONED because of that very reason and I might add that it’s all been online. Maybe they could be different in real life?

My question is, do or have any of you experienced this before? Whether older or younger (and let’s hope nothing illegal), but what did you do about it or how can you overcome it, if it’s even possible?

Any advice for a sister would help. Thanks.
As long as you are both consenting adults, I don't see why age is that important. It's more of a personal preference...and to be honest, I think older men are rather set in their ways and know what they want. If you friend zone every man because he's older...you may friend zone the RIGHT man for you.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
As long as you are both consenting adults, I don't see why age is that important. It's more of a personal preference...and to be honest, I think older men are rather set in their ways and know what they want. If you friend zone every man because he's older...you may friend zone the RIGHT man for you.
Thanks sis for the advice. And you’re right, I can’t be friendzoning them all (not that there’s many lol).

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
generation after generation say the same thing ( The older guys) "When I was your age we used to take it outside and settled it with our fist...now you got guys using knives and guns...not what it used to be like.." *cough..cough* :LOL: ahgggrah splat :ROFL:
hmmm...more clues about the illusive and mysterious prodigal son.....