I have a soft spot in my heart for:_________ (fill in the blank)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jools

For children whose mothers dont have one minute to spare with them but have 24/7 to be with any man. Who dont even know how to be given a hug, just standing straight and stiff. If Grandparents had rights, I would take all 9 of my above mentioned grandchildren to be with me, to know what love is. They are in God's hands, at times my heart cracks a bit more for the kids who grow older, feeling less love day by day, while I stand in the gap, waiting for God to do His Work, His Will.
And for any other person, older, young, who knows what hunger is every minute of every day!

S

SeatBelt

For children whose mothers dont have one minute to spare with them but have 24/7 to be with any man. Who dont even know how to be given a hug, just standing straight and stiff. ....

{Sigh}
Right there with you on that one, Jools

Coincidentally, Jools is a nickname of my mother's... you are obviously not my mother, though. She's 66 and has only 4 grandkids... my 2 and my brother's kids. I know she wishes the other 2 went to church, but beyond that my mum's ok with things. She knows I do a decent job on my own (but comes to help out & see the kids one weekend about ever 6 weeks or so), and is pleased with the rearing of the other two (other than the exception of my brother's family not acknowledging
the God's existence).

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
When a woman quotes scripture.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
See, now THIS is a good example of a thread that should be dug up once in a while. :cool:

I have a soft spot for people who just don't get it, but try their best. Everybody gets frustrated with them but they really are doing all they can do.

I have a soft spot for people who are dumb, but not quite dumb enough to trigger a pity reflex. Everybody pities the true idiots and helps them along in life, but for people who are "not quite dumb enough to be idiots" everybody just makes fun of them.

Aug 4, 2021
See, now THIS is a good example of a thread that should be dug up once in a while. :cool:

I have a soft spot for people who just don't get it, but try their best. Everybody gets frustrated with them but they really are doing all they can do.

I have a soft spot for people who are dumb, but not quite dumb enough to trigger a pity reflex. Everybody pities the true idiots and helps them along in life, but for people who are "not quite dumb enough to be idiots" everybody just makes fun of them.
Me too, and of course pity people who use other people. Especially sick and elderly people of poor health. How can such people avoid hell?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
BABY PUPPIES! They're only the most wonderfullest things in the whole worldwide world!!

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I have a soft spot in my heart for a man who can cry freely and a newborn's sweet smile in sleep!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Theres a book called Madeline Finn and the Library Dog.
Its about a school girl, maybe 2-3 grade, who doesnt read very well. Shes alwas trying but she never gets the gold star. Then one day the public librarian introduces her to Bonnie a library dog. She starts reading to her and Bonnie listens and doesnt make fun of her.
Madeline grows more confident until one day...she gets a gold star!

she runs to tell Bonnie but Bonnie isnt there.
The next week she goes to the library and sees that Bonnie has had puppies! ha that was an 'aw' moment with my year 2 audience.

Although I did wonder now that Bonnie actually didnt look that pregnant in the previous pictures.....

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
BABY PUPPIES! They're only the most wonderfullest things in the whole worldwide world!!
lol Love the phrase "baby puppies"! You've heard of baby carrots; you've heard of baby Yoda... What's younger and smaller than a cute little puppy? Baby puppies!

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
I had a soft spot for Godzilla growing up! As a kid is when I saw all the Godzilla movies from the 50-70s. Took me awhile before I saw Godzilla Vs Biollante, and then I'm pretty sure I've seen them all after that, though I get some of the 90s-2000s mixed up... those aren't quite as memorable to me.

I'm guessing you're a fan? What was your first G-film and G-era? the Shōwa, Heisei, Millenium or Reiwa?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I had a soft spot for Godzilla growing up! As a kid is when I saw all the Godzilla movies from the 50-70s. Took me awhile before I saw Godzilla Vs Biollante, and then I'm pretty sure I've seen them all after that, though I get some of the 90s-2000s mixed up... those aren't quite as memorable to me.

I'm guessing you're a fan? What was your first G-film and G-era? the Shōwa, Heisei, Millenium or Reiwa?
1954, Godzilla, King of the Monsters. Black and white. Actually the best all the Japanese versions, IMO.

I think the Americans own the franchise now. WB has kicked some serious butt with their versions of things.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have a soft spot in my heart for people who can truly appreciate dark chocolate.

Same with people who drink coffee black... I don't like coffee myself, but I can respect that they actually like coffee, not just anything with a boatload of cream and sugar.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
1954, Godzilla, King of the Monsters. Black and white. Actually the best all the Japanese versions, IMO.

I think the Americans own the franchise now. WB has kicked some serious butt with their versions of things.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956) with Raymond Burr is one of the best for sure! I do like the American version, it's a little easier to follow, and not quite so somber. How'd you like the original version Japanese Gojira (1954)?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956) with Raymond Burr is one of the best for sure! I do like the American version, it's a little easier to follow, and not quite so somber. How'd you like the original version Japanese Gojira (1954)?
I'm not sure I ever saw it.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
I'm not sure I ever saw it.
!!!! You haven't seen your own namesake? Brother Gojira, you've got to see it. It's on Amazon Prime Video as "Godzilla", it's the original 1954 Japanese version, English subtitles. This appears to have an English dub option, but don't use it, I read it's ridiculous sounding. Watching an English dub would be missing the original feel. Of course I'm sure there's lots of sources to see the film.

The real original meaning of the movie comes out, it's different than the Raymond Burr version. There's reasons they cut out a lot of the original and replaced it with the Burr parts. This came out only 9 years after the war. The visuals and sound are pretty stunning. It's also viscerally devastating and somber. It's a hole in your education. :LOL:

I think the best is Godzilla Vs the Thing (1964) (Mothra Vs Godzilla). Such a beautiful fantasy movie.