I just learned about the Bethel Church...it was really shocking 😕

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
So this is why I watch YouTube, you can learn stuff and I just so happened to learn about the Bethel church and thank goodness I did, I knew about West Boro (They are the ones with the “Gays go to Hell” in the deep southern part of United States right? Sorry I just know them from their own “Infamy” on the Internet) but this one is extremely awful. I know churches that say they support planned parenthood are awful too, but this one comes really close, just saying.

Just what they stand for: “Pray can cure anything”, it helps but it’s not enough. Anyone who claims “You can cure autism by prayer” is on my sh*t list...sorry for my language but people claiming they can cure mental disabilities really piss me off, I’m fine and happy with my Aspergers/Autism, and I wouldn’t want to be any different. Sure I’m against homosexuality, but it’s proven that “conversion therapy” just doesn’t work, that whole thing is really a messy subject, and I think it’s only prayer and trying to be nice to homosexuals that should save them, but I do understand that the lord decides everything in the end, I just think it is important as Christians to show God’s love to everyone, but to stand firm and not give into the ways of this world.

https://youtu.be/xL29v80DQR

(The part where he talks about the Bethel Church starts at the 24:00 mark)

But it just hit me, even though I don’t agree with them and think they are misrepresenting Christianity, WE SHOULD STILL PRAY FOR THEM, no matter who anyone is, if they are in trouble or struggling, they need our prayer and comfort to know they will be okay.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
youtube is a black hole of videos.

some crazy stuff out there for sure. I dont know about you but I prefer to spend time praying than watching.

I havent made any prayer you tube videos though, I would just feel a bit self conscious doing that. Just go into my room and shut the door. God doesnt need my prayers to be broadcast all over the world.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
So this is why I watch YouTube, you can learn stuff and I just so happened to learn about the Bethel church and thank goodness I did, I knew about West Boro (They are the ones with the “Gays go to Hell” in the deep southern part of United States right? Sorry I just know them from their own “Infamy” on the Internet) but this one is extremely awful. I know churches that say they support planned parenthood are awful too, but this one comes really close, just saying.

Just what they stand for: “Pray can cure anything”, it helps but it’s not enough. Anyone who claims “You can cure autism by prayer” is on my sh*t list...sorry for my language but people claiming they can cure mental disabilities really piss me off, I’m fine and happy with my Aspergers/Autism, and I wouldn’t want to be any different. Sure I’m against homosexuality, but it’s proven that “conversion therapy” just doesn’t work, that whole thing is really a messy subject, and I think it’s only prayer and trying to be nice to homosexuals that should save them, but I do understand that the lord decides everything in the end, I just think it is important as Christians to show God’s love to everyone, but to stand firm and not give into the ways of this world.

https://youtu.be/xL29v80DQR

(The part where he talks about the Bethel Church starts at the 24:00 mark)

But it just hit me, even though I don’t agree with them and think they are misrepresenting Christianity, WE SHOULD STILL PRAY FOR THEM, no matter who anyone is, if they are in trouble or struggling, they need our prayer and comfort to know they will be okay.
1Cor 6v9-11: "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Aug 16, 2020
youtube is a black hole of videos.

some crazy stuff out there for sure. I dont know about you but I prefer to spend time praying than watching.

I havent made any prayer you tube videos though, I would just feel a bit self conscious doing that. Just go into my room and shut the door. God doesnt need my prayers to be broadcast all over the world.
I just like learning, and I think learning about the Bethel Church was helpful for me, because you never know, what if someone came up to me saying: “The Bethel Church is trying to raise money to help people, would you please help?” Now I know to not give them money, I know I could do a quick google search, but I do appreciate a deeper learning experience.

I think having an educated mind is important, that’s why I couldn’t stand kids in middle school, that were there just talking and goofing around during when the teacher was trying to teach us. That’s why I avoided making friends, I did not wish to associate with those people and figured anyone who talked or goofed around when the teacher was trying to teach, were not worthy of my time. I’m not like that anymore, but if my children are troublemakers at school, then yeah I would probably discipline my child, very much so.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
YouTube is like a butcher knife; you may use it in the kitchen for cooking and you can use it in the street to kill. The usage is always up to the user.

I have learned much from YouTube, much.

Aug 16, 2020
I’m just going to throw some more info on Bethel Church right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/hfe9il

Also, there are two things the Bethel Church believes:

1- Jesus will only come back once he is centered over these categories: Family, Education, Government, The Media, Art, and Business (Which is false, Jesus will return but we don’t know when, yes the Bible says how we might know, but no one is supposed to know, and it is not good trying to guess)

2- They believe Prayer can cure EVERYTHING, including raising the dead back to life, yes you read that right, WITH ENOUGH PRAYER AND BELIEF YOU CAN RAISE THE DEAD...that is such a AWFUL, EXTREMELY AWFUL, mindset to have. Apparently the spent 6 days trying to raise a dead toddler back to life and guess what? IT DIDN’T WORK, what a shock! *insert surprised Pikachu face meme here*

Here’s the video of one of their pastors talking about raising the dead back to life:

Here’s a video on a Christian opinion on this church and their practices: https://youtu.be/42yahoXe2i

At this point, this church sounds more like a cult that it is about God, just being honest, lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well... Not everything. Prayer can cure anything, but not everything. Sometimes God says no.

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
I had to stop watching. The video is sponsored by a VPN company. The maker of the video also credits to himself a video he made attacking faith healing. The Bethel video is accusatory against Bethel church. There is no proof even in the information block under the screen. It is just a list of accusations preceded by a comparison of Bethel to Scientology. Only the maker of the video claims Bethel is worse.
Consider that warning. You'll never get those moments of your life back if you hit play.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you read the Bible you can read what God said about the actual Bethel in Israel, it was a site of false worship.

Thats enough to tell you something about this Bethel is misguided...they set up another temple and had golden calves in there to stop tribes from going to Jerusalem where God chose to reside. see 1 Kings 12:28

Aug 16, 2020
If you read the Bible you can read what God said about the actual Bethel in Israel, it was a site of false worship.

Thats enough to tell you something about this Bethel is misguided...they set up another temple and had golden calves in there to stop tribes from going to Jerusalem where God chose to reside. see 1 Kings 12:28
Interesting, I just looked it up and read it. I didn’t know about this stuff, I know some bible stories/events I definitely do, I guess this just shows so how important is it to read the whole bible.

It actually makes you wonder why this mega-church decided to call themselves the bethel church, maybe it is a front for a cult, lol 😅

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I had to stop watching. The video is sponsored by a VPN company. The maker of the video also credits to himself a video he made attacking faith healing. The Bethel video is accusatory against Bethel church. There is no proof even in the information block under the screen. It is just a list of accusations preceded by a comparison of Bethel to Scientology. Only the maker of the video claims Bethel is worse.
Consider that warning. You'll never get those moments of your life back if you hit play.
What's wrong with VPNs?

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020

Is it? What about the very first mention of Bethel in Genesis 12?
Bethel means house of God.

I’m just going to throw some more info on Bethel Church right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/hfe9il

Also, there are two things the Bethel Church believes:

1- Jesus will only come back once he is centered over these categories: Family, Education, Government, The Media, Art, and Business (Which is false, Jesus will return but we don’t know when, yes the Bible says how we might know, but no one is supposed to know, and it is not good trying to guess)

2- They believe Prayer can cure EVERYTHING, including raising the dead back to life, yes you read that right, WITH ENOUGH PRAYER AND BELIEF YOU CAN RAISE THE DEAD...that is such a AWFUL, EXTREMELY AWFUL, mindset to have. Apparently the spent 6 days trying to raise a dead toddler back to life and guess what? IT DIDN’T WORK, what a shock! *insert surprised Pikachu face meme here*

Here’s the video of one of their pastors talking about raising the dead back to life:

Here’s a video on a Christian opinion on this church and their practices: https://youtu.be/42yahoXe2i

At this point, this church sounds more like a cult that it is about God, just being honest, lol
As I recall Andrew Wommack claimed to have raised his own son from the dead? No time for a 40 minute video.

Aug 16, 2020
Is it? What about the very first mention of Bethel in Genesis 12?
Bethel means house of God.

As I recall Andrew Wommack claimed to have raised his own son from the dead? No time for a 40 minute video.
I said you can watch from the time mark I left, at the 24:00 mark, cause that I was wanting to address. Anyone claiming they can raise a person from the dead via prayer doesn’t sound Christian to me, but cult like instead. They spent 6 days trying to raise a dead toddler, and it didn’t work. Only Jesus can come back from the dead, none of us will. I have accepted death, as I’m not trying to “raise my dead grandmother via prayer”, she died after a 2 year battle with Bone cancer. I just find it insulting, claiming to be raising people from the dead via prayer.

Plus, it can be used to scam desperate people who do want their deceased family members back to life, it’s not Christian, it’s as simple as that.

Edit: Congratulations! You’re the 2nd person to give me a negative response, guess it’s my lucky day to get negative responses, lol, hope you have a God blessed day ^_^

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
maybe raised from spiritual death?

Aug 16, 2020
Hmm, from what I watched in the video, I think they meant like bringing dead bodies back to life.

But regardless, trying to pray to bring a dead toddler back to life is a very bad look for a church, in my honest opinion.

Aug 16, 2020
I just used google, a bunch of news sites saying the same thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...ays-resurrect-her-with-prayer/?outputType=amp

https://www.newsweek.com/church-raising-100000-raise-child-dead-1478511?amp=1

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2724417001

https://www.providencejournal.com/n...o-resurrect-her---with-prayer?template=ampart

I know people get picky about news sources as they should, but if I can find 4 articles (There was more) about this, and they all basically tell the same story, it proves that I’m right, they did try to raise a dead body of a toddler.

Mar 4, 2020
I believe that God can do literally anything. I believe there is literally nothing that is impossible to God. There are things that God does not seem to do, though. Does God raise people from the dead? Possibly.

There are no shortage of documented examples of people being resuscitated after death. I agree six days is a stretch, though. The cells begin to decompose. The laws of physics and nature would have to be bent to undo such a thing.

Yes, God is capable of mighty works such as that, but it isn't necessary until the Resurrection of the Dead on the last day as prophecied in the Bible.

Things that are so called "disabilities" are often not disabilities at all. They are sometimes actually states of being marketed as a problem so that doctors and pharmaceutical companies can expand their reach and make more money. The more conditions they invent the more money they make.

As far as churches preaching unsound doctrine goes, yeah they are everywhere. I visited a church today that quoted 2 Corinthians 1:20 to say that all answers to prayers are Yes. I opened my Bible and read otherwise. Most everyone else stood there nodding and didn't even bring a Bible with them to search the scriptures.

Oct 16, 2020
I didn't watch your video but yes, bethel is an apostate church. On YouTube search "bethel apostasy" or "bethel heresy" and you get a decent sized list of vids to view. (But don't - we already know the truth, don't learn their ways!)

As far as the works of Christ go, they never stopped. We as disciples of Jesus Christ can and do the works of Jesus Christ because He promised us that we can. We have been given His power; Holy Spirit lives in us.

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12

17And these signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16

bethel left 2 year old Olive's body in cold storage and prayed for her to be risen from the dead. They did not believe God or they would have taken her corpse out of the cooler at the morgue. It was a really sick thing that bethel did, they sought prayer from people all over the internet yet had her body off site in a refrigerator in a morgue. ??? Their act was a really, really horrible publicity stunt. If they had any belief in God they would have had her body in the building among them.
God does raise the dead. Pastor Leo Fontaine has done it more than once and I saw a first hand testimony of a guy who was dead that God raised- he died as a result of a injuries in a car accident and God raised him a few days after he was dead with a whole bunch of witnesses.

Believe God at His Word. He is able to take away your disease, pain, conditions, demons, etc. There is nothing too hard for God so don't make excuses -- just ask Him and expect to receive.

22And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. 23Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” Mark 10:15 & Luke 18:17

bethel, if you're reading this REPENT!

Oct 16, 2020
Well... Not everything. Prayer can cure anything, but not everything. Sometimes God says no.
Nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37
With God all things are possible. Matt 19:26

I posted the details of bethel's stunt... Scroll and you can read what they did.

Oct 16, 2020
I said you can watch from the time mark I left, at the 24:00 mark, cause that I was wanting to address. Anyone claiming they can raise a person from the dead via prayer doesn’t sound Christian to me, but cult like instead. They spent 6 days trying to raise a dead toddler, and it didn’t work. Only Jesus can come back from the dead, none of us will. I have accepted death, as I’m not trying to “raise my dead grandmother via prayer”, she died after a 2 year battle with Bone cancer. I just find it insulting, claiming to be raising people from the dead via prayer.

Plus, it can be used to scam desperate people who do want their deceased family members back to life, it’s not Christian, it’s as simple as that.

Edit: Congratulations! You’re the 2nd person to give me a negative response, guess it’s my lucky day to get negative responses, lol, hope you have a God blessed day ^_^

You're getting negative responses because you post your opinions and not the eternal Word of God: the Holy Bible. Your opinions are not Jesus Christ, and we give you negative feedback because you are in conflict with God (which makes you wrong).
Draw near to God and get to know Him because of the 10 virgins who were waiting for the Bridegroom only 5 were prepared.
You're not prepared; get prepared. Time is short. Much love to you and yours. Click over to esv.org and get reading...